Android Auto Thursday

I don't think that a lot of people will hold off on getting the car just because it lacks Android Auto
I guess I am one of the few who would not buy a car if AA was not available or in the plans. Honestly I don't know many cars today that don't have Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

Depends where you live I suppose
I live in the middle of nowhere, no neighbors to speak of.
But I'm in the City (Manhattan) on a weekly basis. I'm petrified of all e-bike delivery guys coming from every directions (left/right/behind), most likely without an insurance, hitting my car.
Hence a very strong necessity of a dashcam.

I guess I am one of the few who would not buy a car if AA was not available or in the plans. Honestly I don't know many cars today that don't have Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Rivian, Tesla, GM, …

Rivian, Tesla, GM, …
There are around 100 car companies globally and you list 3 car companies. GM currently does AA and CarPlay but says they will stop on their EVs. But continue on all of their ICE cars. So they really don't count in my mind.

I didn't realize Rivian didn't offer it so I will remove them from my list of next EVs. Tesla was a consideration for me 5 years ago but not now.

Way too many options for cars these days to not get what one wants.

Rivian, Tesla, GM, …
Interestingly, all three use Google's Maps database for navigation, making the lack of AA less of an issue.

There are around 100 car companies globally and you list 3 car companies.
You know, I love it when people here make a claim, and then make it my job to prove their claim right. That’s not how discussions work.

You made the claim:
Honestly I don't know many cars today that don't have Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

I listed three *brands* off the top of my head, not vehicles, that don’t have either.

Your response was “okay but other than those,” which is not exactly a helpful argument. If you make a claim, it’s on you to back it up, not on me to prove that claim for you.

My suspicion is more and more companies are going to drop CarPlay and AA over time, rather than adopt CarPlay 2.0, but that’s just a guess.

You know, I love it when people here make a claim, and then make it my job to prove their claim right. That’s not how discussions work.

You made the claim:

I listed three *brands* off the top of my head, not vehicles, that don’t have either.

Your response was “okay but other than those,” which is not exactly a helpful argument. If you make a claim, it’s on you to back it up, not on me to prove that claim for you.

My suspicion is more and more companies are going to drop CarPlay and AA over time, rather than adopt CarPlay 2.0, but that’s just a guess.
That is your suspicion and not facts.

Perhaps. But Lucid always advertised that AA would be available in the future. They never promised a dashcam.
Well, you are right.
Then where is AA?
Side question, THE number one request by @Bobby site, was a dashcam .
Is Lucid listening (with their 12 cameras available)?

Well, you are right.
Then where is AA?
Side question, THE number one request by @Bobby site, was a dashcam .
Is Lucid listening (with their 12 cameras available)?
Lucid said AA would be out in September or October at the latest when asked at a recent owners event. Hopefully all you AA folks get a nice October surprise.

Honesty, I never used AA before (and i still live), so I'm not sure what am I missing.

On the other hand, a dashcam, imho, is an absolute must.

Honesty, I never used AA before (and i still live), so I'm not sure what am I missing.

I agree, which is why I installed one years ago =)

I have never had one on any vehicle and probably wouldn’t use it if I did.

Back