Android Auto Thursday

I have never had one on any vehicle and probably wouldn’t use it if I did.
Wait until you're in an accident that's not your fault and the other person lies about what happened. Knowing someone who works in the insurance industry you'd be surprised how often dashcam footage is used to prove the other party is lying. The sad thing is that even when the person is proven to be lying they suffer no further consequences from it. They're just slapped with a 100% at fault and nothing more, even though they wasted everyones time spinning a story.

Wait until you're in an accident that's not your fault and the other person lies about what happened. Knowing someone who works in the insurance industry you'd be surprised how often dashcam footage is used to prove the other party is lying. The sad thing is that even when the person is proven to be lying they suffer no further consequences from it. They're just slapped with a 100% at fault and nothing more, even though they wasted everyones time spinning a story.
I think, Bobby is playing a devil's advocate, or simply doesn't see it.
Weird.

Is Lucid listening (with their 12 cameras available)?
Yes. A lot of the time when you think they’re not listening, consider that there might be technical limitations or resource constraints.

“Not caring about customer experience” is not a thing I think anybody could successfully argue is true for Lucid. Messing up sometimes? Sure.

But they’re definitely listening.

Interestingly, all three use Google's Maps database for navigation, making the lack of AA less of an issue.
Tesla does not use Google Maps for navigation. It uses tiles an maybe something other from Google Maps, but navigation is performed by Mapbox. AFAIK the same is for Rivian.

Tesla does not use Google Maps for navigation. It uses tiles an maybe something other from Google Maps, but navigation is performed by Mapbox. AFAIK the same is for Rivian.
I can't speak for all Teslas and I have no idea what they do for the navigation but it definitely says Google in the bottom right hand corner when you have the map up

“Not caring about customer experience” is not a thing I think anybody could successfully argue is true for Lucid. Messing up sometimes? Sure.

But they’re definitely listening.
I do not recall ever staying that.
Can you refresh my memory?

I wasn't very clear. All three use Google Maps' database, but AFAIK only GM uses Google's routing engine.

I do not recall ever staying that.
Can you refresh my memory?
Scare quotes (also called shudder quotes, and sneer quotes, are quotation marks that writers place around a word or phrase to signal that they are using it in an ironic, referential, or otherwise non-standard sense.

Scare quotes may indicate that the author is using someone else's term, similar to preceding a phrase with the expression "so-called"; they may imply skepticism or disagreement, belief that the words are misused, or that the writer intends a meaning opposite to the words enclosed in quotes.

Whether quotation marks are considered scare quotes depends on context because scare quotes are not visually different from actual quotations.

FWIW, this place is a bit of an echo chamber about some of these things. I've never had Android Auto or a dashcam, and I can see how AA will be a nice adjustment (please god let me see the map on the big screen in the center console that would be so nice), and I have zero desire to have a dashcam. Anyone who wants one of those can just buy one like every uber driver ever. I'd like their dev time spent on dream drive, on improved UI, etc.

FWIW, this place is a bit of an echo chamber about some of these things. I've never had Android Auto or a dashcam, and I can see how AA will be a nice adjustment (please god let me see the map on the big screen in the center console that would be so nice), and I have zero desire to have a dashcam. Anyone who wants one of those can just buy one like every uber driver ever. I'd like their dev time spent on dream drive, on improved UI, etc.
I seriously doubt that android auto will be able to display the map on the pilot panel. I think it will probably display just as CarPlay does.

This isn't directly related to Android auto. But I got my first energy limited due to cold battery message of the season this morning. That definitely means we're well into fall when Android auto is supposed to come out!

I seriously doubt that android auto will be able to display the map on the pilot panel. I think it will probably display just as CarPlay does.
I thought CarPlay did after the latest update. As much as all of us Android users are waiting for this to come out, I just know there will be an endless number of messages on what doesn't work the way people think it should. If I was on the moderator team, I'd be starting a bet now as to how many.

And it's heavily different to me.
Android Auto and/or AAOS is important requirement for me.
At the same time I don't care about Dream Drive (above basic functionality like adaptive cruise control and maybe vey minimal lane keep assistant) because I don't believe that any this self driving features will work well in my country of living any time soon.
And I would not need any UI improvements with Android Auto.
People may have different priorities, that's ok. I've taken note however: do not trust any promises, only rely on what exists at the moment of the car being available to buy.

Look at Previous page, post #1293
I know that English is my third language, but i don't see me mentioning “Not caring about customer experience”. You see the discrepancy? They are not the same.
You know what they say about assuming :)

My post:
"Well, you are right.
Then where is AA?
Side question, THE number one request by @Bobby site, was a dashcam .
Is Lucid listening (with their 12 cameras available)?"

Broski's post:

But they’re definitely listening."

End of rant.
We love you no matter what.

Back