And I got my first flat.

Charley

Cars
RivianR1T, Sapphire
DE Number
With the wheel off I can read “made in China” on the back edge of the wheel.

Attachments

• 7AB93179-0068-4D25-9306-A455B5650671.jpeg
    7AB93179-0068-4D25-9306-A455B5650671.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 300
  • 8F5B681D-9E77-404E-8093-9CBA75010A07.jpeg
    8F5B681D-9E77-404E-8093-9CBA75010A07.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 292
  • 32F987B4-968B-4428-8072-7A708F3CCA97.jpeg
    32F987B4-968B-4428-8072-7A708F3CCA97.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 288
A nail or screw is usually not instantaneous. Did you get a dash warning and does Lucid give you a numerical indication of the pressure so you can gauge if you can drive to a service station?

I believe these tires have blocks of acoustic foam around the inside perimeter. I wonder how much that slows the loss of air if the tread penetration is under one of those blocks?

I got the dash warning light that showed it was about 3 psi lower than the others. Aired it up and the next day it was 3 psi again so then looked and found the screw.
My comment about "Made in China" was the wheel, not the tire.

I got the dash warning light that showed it was about 3 psi lower than the others. Aired it up and the next day it was 3 psi again so then looked and found the screw.
My comment about "Made in China" was the wheel, not the tire.
So is it able to be plugged or do you need to replace the tire because of a screw? On normal tires, it is a free repair at Discount Tire.

You can get any level of quality you want in China, you just have to pay appropriately.

I took it to my Les Schwab tire store and the patched it no problem.

Many tire manufacturers specify that tires rated for speeds above 130 mph (V, Z, W, and Y) do not retain their speed rating after puncture repair. Lucid tires are rated for 168 mph (which is why the speed is electronically limited to that), and Pirelli is one of the companies that endorses repairs only on its lower-speed-rated (H) tires.

In Florida, most tire chains will no longer patch the tread of a speed-rated tire. Our roads are full of construction traffic, and I've had to replace two nearly-new tires on our Teslas after they picked up nails in their treads.

You can get any level of quality you want in China, you just have to pay appropriately.
Exactly. If anyone ever has a problem with quality of made in China products, blame the American importers for how they specified and paid for the items, not the Chinese manufacturers.

I believe these tires have blocks of acoustic foam around the inside perimeter. I wonder how much that slows the loss of air if the tread penetration is under one of those blocks?
I asked about this at my test drive and was told these are Not the run flat ires you speak of. Also most high end tire manufactors are indeed telling you now their tires should not be plugged.

Mine wasn't plugged. It was patched from the inside.

Im sure they did both

Image result for patching plugging tires
A plug by itself or a patch by itself is not an acceptable repair because the plug does not permanently seal the innerliner and the patch does not fill the void left by the penetrating object, which allows water to enter the body of the tire and starting corroding the steel belts

So what is being said is that any flat on these new tires means buying a new tire?

Im sure they did both

Image result for patching plugging tires
A plug by itself or a patch by itself is not an acceptable repair because the plug does not permanently seal the innerliner and the patch does not fill the void left by the penetrating object, which allows water to enter the body of the tire and starting corroding the steel belts
Since we live in CA, a plug will work. No chance of getting a lot of water to rust those belts 🤣🤣

Since we live in CA, a plug will work. No chance of getting a lot of water to rust those belts 🤣🤣
Except most tire retailers will not patch the tire due to law suites and liability. There are already major chains that will not repair run flats that are made for higher speeds.

These tires aren't run flats though

Back