An Owee That Hurts Me More Than My Lucid

My previous car had a really low chin so would often just back into spots to avoid the possibility of clipping the splitter, going at an angle on any inclines/declines, etc. The few times I have rolled the AGT up close to a parking bumper, I have not had any issues with clearance, though still don‘t take any chances if I can avoid it. Granted, everything in Florida is as flat as it comes, with the exception of driveway dips for storm run-off. May have different experiences on angled spots.
Ahhh. Backing in! Good call. Never occurred to me.

Easy to do with all the cameras.

Thanks for the tip!

Their service has been really reasonably priced.

The jacket is a Lululemon jacket that we just bought literally yesterday, and my wife has literally not taken it off except for sleep, haha. She loves that thing.

Which jacket did you buy? Do you know if Lululemon makes all their jackets? My wife loves lululemon. Thanks

Which jacket did you buy? Do you know if Lululemon makes all their jackets? My wife loves lululemon. Thanks
From what I saw, they only had one jacket at their locations, the one I saw was at Scottsdale mall. But they have their assortments hanging on the side of their locations

We bought it at Newark, at the flagship studio.

Guys and Gals, I “scraped my chin”. A litle under a month into taking ownership of the apple-of-my eye Air GT, I scraped the chin rolling down from a steep driveway into the street. It was only after I had done this that started seeing youtube videos about how not to scrape your chin when your car sits really low (angle your approach to the driveway gutter).

Short of paying for the installation of a new “chin guard” is there anything I could have done to fix this up? It’s a cosmetic blemish I know, but man, have I got a case of heartburn.
I just did this in Vegas 🥲
Super wide and tall speed bump, approached it on an angle as well, but whoever designed that speedbumps made it assymetrical. It was slighter higher on the right side than the left side, this misjudgement caused it to scrape on the bottom, but not the chin area, slightly further behind the chin.

I'm heartbroken as this was my first scrape
Yeah, this is literally what happens in my driveway every day. I'd be replacing it constantly.

That said, a replacement is $60.98 for the part and about $60 for the labor. Ask me how I know? :p
Wow thank you for this. I'm glad it's not an expensive piece.
So is it safe to say that the chin under the Lucid and that whole bottom wife is a protective guard/shield?

How big is it? What area does it cover?

I just did this in Vegas 🥲
Super wide and tall speed bump, approached it on an angle as well, but whoever designed that speedbumps made it assymetrical. It was slighter higher on the right side than the left side, this misjudgement caused it to scrape on the bottom, but not the chin area, slightly further behind the chin.

I'm heartbroken as this was my first scrape

Wow thank you for this. I'm glad it's not an expensive piece.
So is it safe to say that the chin under the Lucid and that whole bottom wife is a protective guard/shield?

How big is it? What area does it cover?
There's an entire shield that runs the whole length of the car.

There's an entire shield that runs the whole length of the car.
True, but the plastic piece in front is smaller than the whole length of the car, and underneath the main shield.

Yeah, this is literally what happens in my driveway every day. I'd be replacing it constantly.

That said, a replacement is $60.98 for the part and about $60 for the labor. Ask me how I know? :p
Yeah. I destroyed a belly pan on a BMW a few years ago. Here in Arizona there are many dips in intersections that can do a real job on your underside.

The estimate I just got from my Service advisor was $460.09 for the part (UNDERTRAY, FASCIA, FRONT) and $480 for the labor, plus tax...

The estimate I just got from my Service advisor was $460.09 for the part (UNDERTRAY, FASCIA, FRONT) and $480 for the labor, plus tax...
Uh. Maybe that’s changed?

this part, right? 7175983F-BCCE-4910-B086-595800771056.jpeg

Not sure where/how your photo is taken but it doesn't look like the same part? I have the same scratches as the OP's photos in the first post. It's basically the flat plastic piece on the underside of the car.
Mine is the part connected to the rubber airfoils. You can see the slots for the airfoil.

I wouldn't even bother, its gonna happen again. Approach angle on slopes at a diagonal and go slow.
Before I learned that trick I destroyed my belly pan in my BMW. In my case it was all the dips that Phoenix puts in roads to let rain water run down. Unfortunately, the more that users move to crossovers and SUVs, the less likely that folks will complain.

Driving slowly at an angle does work.

I can add my Ouch to this thread! Was going down a driveway that I have never had issues with. Went down today and received my first chin scrape. Only difference was I normally stop before entering the roadway because of traffic. There was no traffic today. Instead of stopping I slowed down for the egress and proceeded to the road. I heard the ugly noise. When I returned home I reluctantly checked the bottom of the front underside of the car. Sure enough I scraped it. Took seven months but I am now a sad member of the CHIN SCRAPE club.

Last edited:
I can add my Ouch to this thread! Was going down a driveway that I have never had issues with. Went down today and received my first chin scrape. Only difference was I normally stop before entering the roadway because of traffic. There was no traffic today. Instead of stopping I slowed down for the egress and proceeded to the road. I heard the ugly noise. When I returned home I reluctantly checked the bottom of the front underside of the car. Sure enough I scraped it. Took seven months but I am now a sad member of the CHIN SCRAPE club.

I don’t like being a member of the CHIN SCRAPE club…waaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Sometimes there's literally nothing you can do. I went over a speed bump in Vegas which was poured unevenly... Scraped on one side and not the other and too small of a difference to tell from afar. Nothing I could've done unless I cross into oncoming traffic to cross. Ridiculous.

Back