Air Dream Deliveries?

There should NOT be an extra charge to deliver your car to your home. It's included in the price.
My DA told me there would be. The closest delivery center is in Costa Mesa. There is none in San Diego. She told me I had to get it delivered to LA or Orange counties. If I wanted it to my home, there would be an additional fee which she will give me once I get a VIN.

My DA told me there would be. The closest delivery center is in Costa Mesa. There is none in San Diego. She told me I had to get it delivered to LA or Orange counties. If I wanted it to my home, there would be an additional fee which she will give me once I get a VIN.
Interesting. This makes me wonder now, if those of us waiting for delivery in Boston as an example, might be made to wait until the Boston studio (delivery center) is opened in a few months. Perhaps that is their strategy to keep down or eliminate the cost of home deliveries on the East coast as they scale up AGT deliveries overall.

Interesting. This makes me wonder now, if those of us waiting for delivery in Boston as an example, might be made to wait until the Boston studio (delivery center) is opened in a few months. Perhaps that is their strategy to keep down or eliminate the cost of home deliveries on the East coast as they scale up AGT deliveries overall.
During my license phone call with my DA he did say I would be having a home delivery in Boston but who knows how reliable and change that information might be.

If you are planning to drive through Colorado let me know. I've done two 1200 mile road trips through Colorado in my Taycan. There are some amazing roads in this state and I can provide some advice on routes and where to charge.
I'm going to Lake Havasu City to visit my parents then a over night stop in Vegas.
Vegas to Vail for a Night. Then on to Denver for a night. After that one day to Milwaukee.

If you are planning to drive through Colorado let me know. I've done two 1200 mile road trips through Colorado in my Taycan. There are some amazing roads in this state and I can provide some advice on routes and where to charge.
Sounds great! I will reach out for sure!

We are going to Colorado too. Would love tips!

Has any one received there a car recently? I feel like its been quiet for a while.
I was also thinking that some of the first 520 mite be going to Saudi Arabia? any thoughts?

1644898112079.png

#458 delivered via @Travis Morgan

We have seen at least a half dozen confirmations each in the 100’s and 200’s, but none in the 300’s. Now a #458.not sure how many there are left to deliver. Will be curious of a count at the next Bear’s Workshop flyover and how many AGTs they are seeing. . If the AGTs are showing up on the lot, then what is there is what is left.

I don't believe they are holding cars to couple mutiple deliveries to the Boston area. If the car is ready and they can arrange one of their 3rd-party transport contractors, they will release it.

You may not be aware that they often want to send two techs to monitor the home delivery: 1 service tech from the closest service center (which for you would be Goose Island outside of Chicago) and 1 sales rep from a studio (perhaps Meat Packing District in Manhattan).

They monitor the unloading process and inspect the car for any transport damage. Thereafter, they stay with you as long as you wish to go over the car's operation.

So, be assured they have no inherent interest in holding on to cars that are ready to ship.

You may not be aware that they often want to send two techs to monitor the home delivery: 1 service tech from the closest service center (which for you would be Goose Island outside of Chicago) and 1 sales rep from a studio (perhaps Meat Packing District in Manhattan)..
If that’s the requirement for a home delivery, it’s no wonder they’re delivering so slow..

I read earlier some on this forum were changing their delivery point to Scottsdale assuming the problem is with transport and thus they could get their cars earlier. I spoke with my HA today and she assured me the problem is with a "fit and finish" part(s) and transport has nothing to do with the delays. So I'm staying with Millbrae for my delivery.

I read earlier some on this forum were changing their delivery point to Scottsdale assuming the problem is with transport and thus they could get their cars earlier. I spoke with my HA today and she assured me the problem is with a "fit and finish" part(s) and transport has nothing to do with the delays. So I'm staying with Millbrae for my delivery.
WTF? They still haven't sorted out the "fit and finish parts"?

WTF? They still haven't sorted out the "fit and finish parts"?

They have, but it sounds like the supplier is constrained and struggling to deliver at the quality Lucid demands. So it’s likely a matter of production, and it’s likely a part that Lucid doesn’t build in-house. I know they’ve been flying Lucid engineers in and out of suppliers to help, and the Lucid engineers that are doing that are having a pretty rough time, I’d imagine.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Lucid finds a new supplier for some of those parts, haha

It looks like Dreams are done off the production line and may just be waiting on finishing parts ("fit and finish").

Also - in regards to finding a new supplier, etc. Lucid has been posting a ton of job postings in places like China, Germany, Japan, and Singapore. I'd be interested to see what they're planning there.

They have, but it sounds like the supplier is constrained and struggling to deliver at the quality Lucid demands. So it’s likely a matter of production, and it’s likely a part that Lucid doesn’t build in-house. I know they’ve been flying Lucid engineers in and out of suppliers to help, and the Lucid engineers that are doing that are having a pretty rough time, I’d imagine.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Lucid finds a new supplier for some of those parts, haha

This is remarkably detailed. I think you mentioned you have a higher level source at the company?

It looks like Dreams are done off the production line and may just be waiting on finishing parts ("fit and finish").

Also - in regards to finding a new supplier, etc. Lucid has been posting a ton of job postings in places like China, Germany, Japan, and Singapore. I'd be interested to see what they're planning there.
Maybe that gap from 295 to 458 represents the bunch of cars sent to Saudi... Who knows ??

Back