• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Air Dream Deliveries?

That makes sense given that they still have the waitlist option online. It might mean that many DE reservations are being either canceled or downgraded.
Basically confirms to me that they did not meet 520 by 2021 which some investors are delusion'd to believe they did.

Basically confirms to me that they did not meet 520 by 2021 which some investors are delusion'd to believe they did.
I agree. In various Facebook groups when anyone mentions numbers of cars delivered in 2021 were pretty low, they almost get attacked.

We know they did not deliver 520 since there are over 120 Dreams sitting on the factory lot in Casa Grande. They were likely in the 125-175 range at the end of the year and 300-350 range today.

We know they did not deliver 520 since there are over 120 Dreams sitting on the factory lot in Casa Grande. They were likely in the 125-175 range at the end of the year and 300-350 range today.
This gives no confidence that they could suddenly ramp up to over almost two thousand a month in order to achieve 20,000 by year end. Don’t we all see that at least in this group?

This gives no confidence that they could suddenly ramp up to over almost two thousand a month in order to achieve 20,000 by year end. Don’t we all see that at least in this group?
Let’s take a best case scenario for current deliveries this year. Lowball the 2021 deliveries at only 50 and say they are up to 400 today (which would mean that there are no Dreams on the production line and all remaining Dreams to deliver are on the lot. Using those numbers, AT BEST they were delivering 8 cars per day since January 1st, or 240 cars per 30day month.

I am assuming that most if not all of the major components to assemble 520 cars were within reach for Lucid to commit to 520 cars. I suspect something unexpected caused the delay.

Let’s take a best case scenario for current deliveries this year. Lowball the 2021 deliveries at only 50 and say they are up to 400 today (which would mean that there are no Dreams on the production line and all remaining Dreams to deliver are on the lot. Using those numbers, AT BEST they were delivering 8 cars per day since January 1st, or 240 cars per 30day month.
Yes but presumably that rate will increase throughout the year. But still I don’t see anywhere near 20,000 total.

Yes but presumably that rate will increase throughout the year. But still I don’t see anywhere near 20,000 total.
I honestly think one of the biggest limiting factors is transport. No one thinks about it, but there is a shortage of truckers, probably artificial, but either way a lot of logistics is being delayed due to trucking issues.

For those who toured the factory (@hydbob, @ashoka8350, anyone else?), could you tell how many cars could fit on the assembly line at a time, even roughly?
My rough estimate is that on the ground floor of the paint shop where they were doing general assembly, they were working on around 25 cars at the time. I'm sure they could do around 40, but at the time they took a bunch of space to set up the reception area and stage for the factory commissioning event. Limiting factor right now is the paint shop since it's only operating on the 2nd floor of the building and not the whole thing yet.

I honestly think one of the biggest limiting factors is transport. No one thinks about it, but there is a shortage of truckers, probably artificial, but either way a lot of logistics is being delayed due to trucking issues.
I agree, when you have to government doing everything possible to free up the ports the logistics problems are real. Lucid could mitigate this by allowing customers to pick up from factory it is was a major roadblock in getting the cars into peoples hands though.

I agree, when you have to government doing everything possible to free up the ports the logistics problems are real. Lucid could mitigate this by allowing customers to pick up from factory it is was a major roadblock in getting the cars into peoples hands though.
YES!! I am totally willing to fly down to Phoenix and take an Uber to the Factory to pick up my car!! Or even pick it up at the delivery center in Phoenix!! I just want my car please!!!

Which is wild because I know a lot of people willing to pick up at the factory, myself included (from Chicago).

Which is wild because I know a lot of people willing to pick up at the factory, myself included (from Chicago).
They probably don’t have the space to have a customer delivery center or infrastructure to allow customers into the construction zone where they are building factories. I bet they do long term.

They probably don’t have the space to have a customer delivery center or infrastructure to allow customers into the construction zone where they are building factories. I bet they do long term.
My associate said you can set your delivery address to be the Phoenix Airport and you can get it much quicker, but that's as fast as they can do.

My associate said you can set your delivery address to be the Phoenix Airport and you can get it much quicker, but that's as fast as they can do.
I will check that out tomorrow and see if it will make a difference.

I will check that out tomorrow and see if it will make a difference.
My assumption would be that it still goes through the local service center for final checks but the distance is much smaller than having a car go to Chicago then whereever the final delivery is.

They definitely have the space for it. Maybe some legal problems selling directly from factory?

I still think we should be cheering for Lucid to get the Air’s problems figured out rather than hoping they will rush to produce 20,000 cars. My DE is set to be delivered Tuesday, but now I’m apprehensive because of the new screen issue that is being reported.

I still think we should be cheering for Lucid to get the Air’s problems figured out rather than hoping they will rush to produce 20,000 cars. My DE is set to be delivered Tuesday, but now I’m apprehensive because of the new screen issue that is being reported.
Maybe I missed something. What’s the screen issue ?

Maybe I missed something. What’s the screen issue ?

TLDR: Screen wasn't working, went in for different screen, and that screen didn't work either, chip provider has a lot of contaminated chips - may be unrelated

Back