• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Air Dream Deliveries?

I took delivery yesterday (2/16/2022), just after CincyLucid received theirs. I believe we live close to each other. I was on the waitlist and managed to secure a spot when it became available. Delivery was impacted by the trim parts issue that has been extensively reported on. Discovered some changes on the vehicle at delivery. The bare aluminum roof on the preproduction cars is now a painted silver piece. My car has the most recent software change and the camera view of the vehicle and surroundings seems to be an overhead view as opposed to a 3D view (at least that is what the delivery agent saw). Other than that very pleased. Now if the weather would only cooperate!!!

Attachments

• A6D32E79-FE3D-492F-90B3-811A7E94D906.jpeg
    A6D32E79-FE3D-492F-90B3-811A7E94D906.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 177
I took delivery yesterday (2/16/2022), just after CincyLucid received theirs. I believe we live close to each other. I was on the waitlist and managed to secure a spot when it became available. Delivery was impacted by the trim parts issue that has been extensively reported on. Discovered some changes on the vehicle at delivery. The bare aluminum roof on the preproduction cars is now a painted silver piece. My car has the most recent software change and the camera view of the vehicle and surroundings seems to be an overhead view as opposed to a 3D view (at least that is what the delivery agent saw). Other than that very pleased. Now if the weather would only cooperate!!!
Can you post pics of what you mean by those changes?

No yeah, do you have a source where they explicitly say 520 Dream deliveries by 2021? It seems to be the number thrown around but no one ever has a source past what I linked which is a forecasted production number, not a delivery number.

They never gave a number on how many of wHich trim they would deliver. Just like the 20k number for this year has no trim numbers assigned to it. The source @mnewber1 gave above was how many they projected to produce. It by inference that it would be the 520 Dreams, then Grand Tourings as that is what they have said the order would be.

My mistake…. I just went into camera settings and discovered that the default is an overhead display View. By touching and dragging any of the camera icons I was able to get the 3D image to display. The delivery agent hadn’t shown me this capability (He thought it had changed?!).
As far as the roof treatment, I assume all cars have silver painted roofs and not the raw brushed aluminum surface that I saw on the preproduction vehicles in the Chicago studio.

Attachments

• 22E29EE2-A5FB-4C02-A1CE-ABECD4BD2A2C.jpeg
    22E29EE2-A5FB-4C02-A1CE-ABECD4BD2A2C.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 221
  • B158F00F-CADE-42E0-B7DE-AA8776B59136.jpeg
    B158F00F-CADE-42E0-B7DE-AA8776B59136.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 211
My mistake…. I just went into camera settings and discovered that the default is an overhead display View. By touching and dragging any of the camera icons I was able to get the 3D image to display. The delivery agent hadn’t shown me this capability (He thought it had changed?!).
As far as the roof treatment, I assume all cars have silver painted roofs and not the raw brushed aluminum surface that I saw on the preproduction vehicles in the Chicago studio.
Interesting...looks like you are the first evidence of the fit and finish part we all have been wondering what it was. I'm can't be 100% sure from pictures, but your roof appears A LOT shinier than mine. Looks like a gloss finish vs a matte finish on the roof. Would make sense since one of the comments was that the roof had blemishes that force force entire roof portion to be replaced.

Any other DE owners see the same difference?

Delivering the cars out of sequence? Based upon the overall random pattern of DE numbers and VINS showing up in the wild and on the shrouded and unidentifiable cars appearing in brief drone passes every few days, that's highly unlikely [Place significant p-value or correlation coefficient here]! Obviously they must be making more than 520 DEs. And I have that on good authority.

Let's make this simple: When it comes to predicting Lucid's promise of Dream Edition deliveries:

You know the rules and so do I. A full commitment's what I'm thinking of.

You wouldn't get this info from any other guy.
Agreed. And TWO Rick Astley references for emphasis I see! Great song. Horrible music video but then again it was the late 80s. The point is well taken. Thanks for your insights!

Interesting...looks like you are the first evidence of the fit and finish part we all have been wondering what it was. I'm can't be 100% sure from pictures, but your roof appears A LOT shinier than mine. Looks like a gloss finish vs a matte finish on the roof. Would make sense since one of the comments was that the roof had blemishes that force force entire roof portion to be replaced.

Any other DE owners see the same difference?
You are correct. The roof pieces on my car are finished in a fine metal flake silver that is a high gloss finish. I suspect it is a two stage paint? When I commented to the delivery agent about it being a painted surface and not raw aluminum pieces, he told me that they were having problems with these parts and specifically mentioned waviness. I would have to say that the fit of these parts on my car are much better than what I saw on the preproduction vehicles in the Chicago studio.

Took delivery of Red 418 today in Ohio.
Hi CincyLucid
Glad to hear that there is another Lucid owner in Cincinnati. Turns out that we both got our cars delivered on the same day! My delivery agent (Ed) mentioned that he just came from another delivery just down the road.
This is my first EV. Considering where gas prices appear to headed, I would say it is perfect timing!
Mine is Black #225

Hi CincyLucid
Glad to hear that there is another Lucid owner in Cincinnati. Turns out that we both got our cars delivered on the same day! My delivery agent (Ed) mentioned that he just came from another delivery just down the road.
This is my first EV. Considering where gas prices appear to headed, I would say it is perfect timing!
Mine is Black #225

I am going to be near you guys in Indy @BDC123 and @CincyLucid. Once I have my car may have to make a trip to Pappadeaux.

Has anyone found any reliable source where Lucid made a commitment to 520 Dream deliveries by 2021?

I could only find a forecasted production of 577 cars by 2021 in the Q3 ER presentation.

View attachment 850

Here: https://www.reuters.com/business/au...k-2022-production-target-ceo-says-2021-09-29/

Peter says Lucid is "pushing to achieve" the goal, but never explicitly that they will make 577 - just that it's a overarching goal.
I have reviewed the Q3 report again and don't see any reference to 2021 production numbers. Perhaps I missed it. As for the quote from your link. That has been mentioned a few times but every official Lucid statement I can find does not state a goal for 2021.

I have reviewed the Q3 report again and don't see any reference to 2021 production numbers. Perhaps I missed it. As for the quote from your link. That has been mentioned a few times but every official Lucid statement I can find does not state a goal for 2021.

As @Sandvinsd mentioned, there's no stated goal, only an inferred goal from a forecasted number that was never a hard number. If they forecasted 577 cars by EOY 2021, that would mean 520 Dreams + 57 Grand Tourings. Again, this wasn't a hard we will do this, only we are predicting to be in that range. Which I feel was a hard miss still.

You are correct. The roof pieces on my car are finished in a fine metal flake silver that is a high gloss finish. I suspect it is a two stage paint? When I commented to the delivery agent about it being a painted surface and not raw aluminum pieces, he told me that they were having problems with these parts and specifically mentioned waviness. I would have to say that the fit of these parts on my car are much better than what I saw on the preproduction vehicles in the Chicago studio.
Interesting...do you like the high gloss finish or would you have preferred the matte finish on the top?

You are correct. The roof pieces on my car are finished in a fine metal flake silver that is a high gloss finish. I suspect it is a two stage paint? When I commented to the delivery agent about it being a painted surface and not raw aluminum pieces, he told me that they were having problems with these parts and specifically mentioned waviness. I would have to say that the fit of these parts on my car are much better than what I saw on the preproduction vehicles in the Chicago studi
tempImageHbRcuY.png

This photo was taken at the opening of the Millbrae studio. I recall at the time thinking the fit was not really very good where the roof meets the body. If you zoom in just above the Air logo at the rear it looked to be crinkled. Maybe this was part of the Fit and Finish issue that could have been resolved with the new roof assembly.

View attachment 854
This photo was taken at the opening of the Millbrae studio. I recall at the time thinking the fit was not really very good where the roof meets the body. If you zoom in just above the Air logo at the rear it looked to be crinkled. Maybe this was part of the Fit and Finish issue that could have been resolved with the new roof assembly.

Mine is matte and is being replaced with the glossy cantrail/bow. I have it on good authority that *at some point* (I.e. when they get all the parts) there will be a service bulletin to replace all the matte cantrails/bows with glossy ones (if people want them; it’s not a recall, since it’s just fit and finish - but if you want them, my understanding is they will replace the matte with the gloss ones when the service bulletin is announced).

Hmm. I like the matte contrast with the glossy body.

Back