• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Air Dream Deliveries?

Mine is matte and is being replaced with the glossy cantrail/bow. I have it on good authority that *at some point* (I.e. when they get all the parts) there will be a service bulletin to replace all the matte cantrails/bows with glossy ones (if people want them; it’s not a recall, since it’s just fit and finish - but if you want them, my understanding is they will replace the matte with the gloss ones when the service bulletin is announced).

@borski : Your "good authority" seems like a really good authority. :)

Speaking of driving in the rain, how do you use the "mist" function in the Air, is the "AUTO" sensitive
No. Left on either auto setting, it does not initiate a wipe until the windshield is completely covered and by then my wife is already asking me to wipe the windshield. However, the two manual speeds are well designed for light and heavy rain, so I just used them 90 % of the time. It is also simple to just touch the windshield washer button as needed.

@borski : Your "good authority" seems like a really good authority. :)
Okay so at least we now know what the "fit and finish" problem has been!! I believe that part is the same on all the various models so hopefully that means the remaining Dream models will get the first "dibs" on the incoming new parts.

Okay so at least we now know what the "fit and finish" problem has been!! I believe that part is the same on all the various models so hopefully that means the remaining Dream models will get the first "dibs" on the incoming new parts.
I actually prefer the matte look, that way it matches the side mirrors.

Regardless, my contact made it clear that not all the fit/finish issues are the same and different cars are being held for different ones. Apparently it is 100% just fit/finish (trim?) type items however, and nothing core to the car functionality.

It takes BMW 6 weeks to ship an X5 from Spartanburg to Southampton in the U.K. If there’s a boat load on the way to Saudi they will likely show up on social media soon.

I've been in the rain, and do not have the same problem. Also no issue with auto wiper but my windshield is coated.

It's an Opticoat coating similar to doing it with RainX
I use a product called Aquapel (http://www.aquapel.com), which lasts longer than Rain-X. The main problem is that it is very difficult to get a crystal clear windshield. There are always some have and swirl marks from leftover window cleaner. They sell their own glass cleaner that is supposed to work in cleaning the treated windshield the best. It uses denatured alcohol, so maybe I'll try the alcohol first before buying it.

My mistake…. I just went into camera settings and discovered that the default is an overhead display View. By touching and dragging any of the camera icons I was able to get the 3D image to display. The delivery agent hadn’t shown me this capability (He thought it had changed?!).
As far as the roof treatment, I assume all cars have silver painted roofs and not the raw brushed aluminum surface that I saw on the preproduction vehicles in the Chicago studio.
I was at the SD studio and asked about the roof. The car in San Diego is a pre-production AGT. The preproduction cars have a carbon fiber roof while the cars out for delivery are metal. So there is a difference in materials and they definitely will look different.

Yep - on my Model S
hahahah we all have on the S .... Asking on Lucid. BTW... Lucid sent a service person to our house first thing this morning. Extremely knowledgeable.

Attachments

• Lucid Service Van.jpg
    Lucid Service Van.jpg
    915 KB · Views: 117
Update on the delivery of my Air DE, which was supposed to be Tuesday, then moved to tomorrow: It is postponed again while it awaits 1.1.7. My DA explained that they are still pushing a final update to my car and the other DEs. I talked to him and he explained that 1.1.7 addresses all the issues that early DE owners have been reporting. Lucid is tracking all these issues carefully (thank you HMP10, etc, for being the earliest guinea pigs!) and 1.1.7 address many of them. He explained this OTA update is so big that it cannot be pushed out to every car all at once, so they are doing them individually. I do not mind at all, and in fact I am encouraged that Lucid would rather deliver me a car that is ready, rather than a car that is not updated.

Also, FYI, he says they have rear-camera-while-driving in the works for an upcoming OTA...

Update on the delivery of my Air DE, which was supposed to be Tuesday, then moved to tomorrow: It is postponed again while it awaits 1.1.7. My DA explained that they are still pushing a final update to my car and the other DEs. I talked to him and he explained that 1.1.7 addresses all the issues that early DE owners have been reporting. Lucid is tracking all these issues carefully (thank you HMP10, etc, for being the earliest guinea pigs!) and 1.1.7 address many of them. He explained this OTA update is so big that it cannot be pushed out to every car all at once, so they are doing them individually. I do not mind at all, and in fact I am encouraged that Lucid would rather deliver me a car that is ready, rather than a car that is not updated.

Also, FYI, he says they have rear-camera-while-driving in the works for an upcoming OTA...
Then how will they handle updating all existing customers to update cars in the field? I assume they will get it via OTA. This suggests to me that they aren’t able to do a full software QA with internal hardware; they need some customer-destined hardware.

A lot of us got 1.1.7 over the air in the last couple of days.. If 1.1.7 is the holdup you should get your car soon.

Yea I got 1.1.7 pushed to.me this morning. Took an hour to install. Coincidentally, after 1.1.6 and 1.1.7 I'm having more screen loading issues than before lol.

Yea I got 1.1.7 pushed to.me this morning. Took an hour to install. Coincidentally, after 1.1.6 and 1.1.7 I'm having more screen loading issues than before lol.
I have an update question. Why is it that Lucid says you need to be unplugged when updating? My Teslas are usually plugged in during updates.

I have an update question. Why is it that Lucid says you need to be unplugged when updating? My Teslas are usually plugged in during updates.
Only the app tells you to unplug it, if you start from the car it tells you it will just stop charging while updating. (Then needs to be plugged back in or session restarted)

That said, I first ran the update plugged in and it failed, then reran it after it was repushed unplugged and it worked. YMMV.

Back