Air Dream Deliveries?

Yea...I think I see the Lucid guys more than my in laws...probably a good thing though! :cool:
Do many of these issues require in person service appointments or can they be done remotely? My trepidation about having a car so far from a service center is exponentially increasing.

Do many of these issues require in person service appointments or can they be done remotely? My trepidation about having a car so far from a service center is exponentially increasing.
Right now...they are all in person because they probably want to figure out wtf is going on. They are able to pull logs remotely, but I think they are trying to establish the service level and match it with expectation right now. Just my guess though.

Right now...they are all in person because they probably want to figure out wtf is going on. They are able to pull logs remotely, but I think they are trying to establish the service level and match it with expectation right now. Just my guess though.
Makes sense. Going to call my Lucid rep tomorrow and plainly ask him how they plan to service my vehicle , 600-800 miles from the nearest service center , when these issues invariably arise.

Interesting...do you like the high gloss finish or would you have preferred the matte finish on the top?
I liked the raw aluminum panels I saw on the preproduction cars in the Chicago studio. It reminded me a bit of certain mid 50’s Cadillacs and Imperials models that had that look in stainless steel. That said, i also don’t mind the silver paint. One thing I don’t like is large metal flake paints. I’m happy to see that a very fine metal flake was used. The other thing of note are the gaps on these roof panels are large. Better than the preproduction cars… but large never the less.
If your car has the raw aluminum panels, I would consider keeping them just because of the rarity.

@BDC123, is it my OCD or is there something wrong with the area I circled below?
View attachment 855
The gaps in the roof panels are larger than what you would normally expect. Not sure why this is? Other areas of the car are more inline with what you might expect. I would say overall the fit and finish is a vast improvement over some if the things I saw on the preproduction cars, and certainly much better than some of what I saw on early Tesla vehicles.
BTW, a friend of mine who ordered a model S in March last year just got his car this past week. perhaps this is the new normal? When I looked at his car after dinner last night it looked good from a fit and finish standpoint both inside and out. Im not a fan of the yoke steering wheel.

Yes but that doesn't state it will deliver all 520 by 2021. In their forecast presentation, they also don't include a delivery forecast for 2021: https://ir.lucidmotors.com/static-files/4b5537f8-4529-4bb4-8572-0eb2c41b3063#page=65
Page 68’ bottom text 577 vehicle 2021 volume:

5C5BF147-A762-4DDB-AEA9-CB74F060CF7B.jpeg

Page 68’ bottom text 577 vehicle 2021 volume:

View attachment 905

This is what I posted, this says "we hope to produce 577 vehicles" not "we will produce 577 vehicles". This is not a hard commitment and I think Lucid was smart enough to not make that commitment. From what I've seen, the hard commitment of 520 deliveries by 2021 is a myth pumped to kill the stock next week. I have seen no evidence of Lucid ever making that commitment.

This is what I posted, this says "we hope to produce 577 vehicles" not "we will produce 577 vehicles". This is not a hard commitment and I think Lucid was smart enough to not make that commitment. From what I've seen, the hard commitment of 520 deliveries by 2021 is a myth pumped to kill the stock next week. I have seen no evidence of Lucid ever making that commitment.
It will come Down to analyst expectations but the stock is so new and this will be their second ea rings report I am sure they will get passes their first couple years it’s not like an Nvidia or Facebook with sky high expectations. As long as the global environment doesn’t erupt I think lucid solidly misses earnings by a good bit, confirms current guidance of 20k vehicles and shoes. 20k plus reservations now around a 30% Jump. Stock will move slightly up to flat to tine of 4%.

It will come Down to analyst expectations but the stock is so new and this will be their second ea rings report I am sure they will get passes their first couple years it’s not like an Nvidia or Facebook with sky high expectations. As long as the global environment doesn’t erupt I think lucid solidly misses earnings by a good bit, confirms current guidance of 20k vehicles and shoes. 20k plus reservations now around a 30% Jump. Stock will move slightly up to flat to tine of 4%.
Do you really think they will confirm a guidance of 20,000 given their current rate and that they will barely deliver the 520 DEs by the end of Feb?
I really want to believe that since I’m waiting for my own AGT plus a long term shareholder.

Do you really think they will confirm a guidance of 20,000 given their current rate and that they will barely deliver the 520 DEs by the end of Feb?
I really want to believe that since I’m waiting for my own AGT plus a long term shareholder.
They’re more likely to revise the guidance to 5,000-10,000 (likely the former) and play the blame game on chip shortage, supplier quality control, etc

They’re more likely to revise the guidance to 5,000-10,000 (likely the former) and play the blame game on chip shortage, supplier quality control, etc
I kinda agree. Although I’m expecting closer to the latter since the rate could increase throughout the year.
I feel that if they guided down to 5000 the stock would hit single digits. It’s a huge reduction vs the 20,000 number. It also could mean I won’t see my AGT till next year.

I kinda agree. Although I’m expecting closer to the latter since the rate could increase throughout the year.
I feel that if they guided down to 5000 the stock would hit single digits. It’s a huge reduction vs the 20,000 number. It also could mean I won’t see my AGT till next year.
I would agree. It is only averaging about 15 cars per day which is not far off from where they are today. Much more likely to provide guidance at 10k, or even 15k

Not trying to be negative here but there is zero chance they will produce 20k cars in 22. That is not how production curves work in an industrial setting. They will have considerable new events to manage as they begin the launch of the GT's. And the risk profile of getting it 'wrong' is more costly than missing the forecast for a startup.

I do believe they will get confirmed reservations for the GT done this year. The pure and touring models might see a couple models (maybe even just test drive models). I think reservations made after the new year may not receive their vehicles this year. It is increasingly likely that 20k vehicles won’t happen, 10-15k is still plausible though. It depends how many GT reservations there are as well.

Just a FYI. I was given the vin for my Dream on Jan 18. No word since then. I told my rep I could take delivery in either Az or Ca if either would get me my car faster. He said it wouldn't make any difference. The lack of communication is amazing. At some point they are gonna want money and a heads up would be nice.

Last edited:
Just got a call my car will be shipping in the next few days.... :cool:
I’m curious. Did they say “the next few days” or “in the coming days”? I ask because I was told last week mine would ship in “the coming days” and I’ve noticed the Advisors tend to follow a specific script.

With all of these cars leaving the factories at such a pace, I wonder if they've resolved their fit and finish issues or if they got a big batch of supplies they were waiting for and will resume their regularly scheduled "fit and finish issues" once they run out of supply.

Back