Air Dream Deliveries?

For a new model, I don’t think the issues are anything to warrant hitting the brakes and cancelling the order. The car certainly isn’t falling apart and the driving experience comments have all been positive.

This isn’t just a Lucid thing either. All the car companies bringing out their first EV models are going to have teething issues.
Yea it might just be that EVs may not be for you.

Do we think all ATs are being delivered in 2022? If so, I'll update my reservation right now.

Last edited:
Do we think all GTs are being delivered in 2022? If so, I'll update my reservation right now.
The last guidance I got was that AGTs are next up and they're going to build through all of them before moving onto the Touring and the Pure. Even at the current production ramp they supposedly should be fully through them before the end of the year. I'd guess that the AT should start production in Q3 at this rate, but Lucid hasn't released updated AGT reservation numbers. Frankly I would not be surprised if they decided to only put AGTs from 2021 ahead of the AT reservations from 2021 and then begin to mix production between trim levels.

Edit: @mnewber1 meant ATs, corrected.

I would hope that all the Tourings would be delivered this year, but maybe not given the supply chain issues. They certainly should be producing them in the 2nd half of the year, but who knows how many.
There was a get out of jail card moment mentioned in the last earnings call. Peter did say they’re still aiming for 20,000 cars but supply chain constraints could put that goal at risk. So….. whatever causes them to not meet the target they’ll just blame the supply chain

There was a get out of jail card moment mentioned in the last earnings call. Peter did say they’re still aiming for 20,000 cars but supply chain constraints could put that goal at risk. So….. whatever causes them to not meet the target they’ll just blame the supply chain

To be fair, supply chain concerns are real Tesla and all the other auto manufacturers have been having issues delivering too. I’m at least glad we haven’t seen a single Lucid delivered without USB ports or… a brake pad. https://www.thedrive.com/news/43876...scovers-car-was-delivered-missing-a-brake-pad

Certainly something to watch, I was told I can upgrade last minute and be put in front of GT reservations made after my date.

That is true. I upgraded from Touring to GT and it's the original reservation date that counts.

I think like someone mentioned, after upgrades, the cost of a Touring will end up being the base of a GT so it might be worth it. However, I live downtown Chicago until at least September so I'm not in any rush until then.

Back in late June Lucid had announced 10k reservations with an average selling price of 90k per car. They had 500 DE reservations since they were closed at the time. Taking those out, Lucid has 9500 reservations at ~86k per reservation. Since the Pure is 77k and the GT is 139k it is impossible for them to be equal in reservations or the average selling price would not be what it was.. Therefore, the Air Pure trims are a vast majority of the first 10k reservations. While the average price increased for the next 7k reservations, the number of GT reservations is still low. Pure reservations must be at least 7x the number of GT reservations if there are zero ATs in the calculation. The Touring price is higher than the average price for reservations. Therefore, for every Touring reservation added to the equation, the ratio of Pure to GT goes even higher. At most only 2000 of the 17000 reservations were GTs. - at least that is what the numbers stated by Lucid tell us.

At the Manhattan Studio I was told the Pure reservations comprised the ‘overwhelming majority’ of reservations there.

At the Manhattan Studio I was told the Pure reservations comprised the ‘overwhelming majority’ of reservations there.
I was told the very same thing in Manhattan. That’s why he said I should receive my AGT sooner than a lot of others who ordered Pures, etc.

I was told the very same thing in Manhattan. That’s why he said I should receive my AGT sooner than a lot of others who ordered Pures, etc.

Correct, the confirmed production order is Dream Edition, Grand Touring, Touring, then Pure. Which is leading to speculation that Pures will eventually be pushed to 2023 under the guise of supply chain issues.

Correct, the confirmed production order is Dream Edition, Grand Touring, Touring, then Pure. Which is leading to speculation that Pures will eventually be pushed to 2023 under the guise of supply chain issues.
Yes, I was told Pure will be heading into production summer but might get push to late 2022 or early 2023.

Yes, I was told Pure will be heading into production summer but might get push to late 2022 or early 2023.

I don't see a reality where Pure's start production earlier than Q4 at their current production rate/exponential growth.

I would bet that the Air Pure versions are produced this year, although it might be Q4. As I said before, there are likely only a couple of thousand AGT orders, perhaps more by now with new reservations and some ATs being upgraded. The ATs will be limited in numbers because of the issues listed here - either customers want the features and will upgrade to the AGT or they are cash strapped and will order the Pure. If Lucid hits even half of their projected deliveries, then Pure’s will be in the mix in ‘22. Now that is not to say that all Pure orders will be delivered this year. Many will be pushed to 2023 as I do not expect Lucid to deliver 20k in 2022. It will be an interesting earnings call in late February.

That would be my take just trying to analyze the average sales price of reservations provided publicly by Lucid.

Looks like Rivian is about to push out 200 a week shortly so Lucid needs to get its act together.

Back