Air Dream Deliveries?

The ATs will be limited in numbers because of the issues listed here - either customers want the features and will upgrade to the AGT or they are cash strapped and will order the Pure. If Lucid hits even half of their projected deliveries, then Pure’s will be in the mix in ‘22. Now that is not to say that all Pure orders will be delivered this year. Many will be pushed to 2023 as I do not expect Lucid to deliver 20k in 2022. It will be an interesting earnings call in late February.
Don’t operate under the assumption that all Pure reservationists are ‘cash strapped’. I‘d bet many, such as myself, did not see many of the trim levels as a good investment in a startup company when the basic bones of the car could be had for just $77,000. My discussions with the sales advisor in Manhattan reflected that opinion too of what he knew of some of his clients. Many had the means but were more risk averse than others.

Not everyone needs to be the first kid on the block nor thinks that’s always prudent for purchases like this. Nothing I’ve read here dissuades me from that thinking. In fact, much of what I’ve read actually reinforces my predispositions.

Last edited:
Don’t operate under the assumption that all Pure reservationists are ‘cash strapped’. I‘d bet many, such as myself, did not see many of the trim levels as a good investment in a startup company when the basic bones of the car could be had for just $77,000. My discussions with the sales advisor in Manhattan reflected that opinion too of what he knew of some of his clients. Many had the means but were more risk adverse than others.

Not everyone needs to be the first kid on the block nor thinks that’s always prudent for purchases like this. Nothing I’ve read here dissuades me from that thinking. In fact, much of what I’ve read actually reinforces my predispositions.

Exactly. I currently drive a BMW 530e PHEV. It meets my needs (more than in term of luxury) but I would love a bit more power and longed for a BME 545e which delivers HP in the 300s but they won't sell it in the USA. At my age, I am not going to track a car and the 480 HP of a Pure is all the HP I need. Living in Arizona, I don't want the glass roof and if I am going to go entirely green, I should avoid a methane spewing provider of fine leather (which I do have in my current DD). So the Pure meets my needs.

They must not have many orders for the GT as everyone appears to be "at the top of the list". Is there no bottom, no middle? I guess they are all just in one "big wave" and there is only one wave, the first one. I would love to hear from someone who has been told "you are way down the list, probably 8 months".
I’m still waiting to be invited to confirm my AGT order

Last edited:
Exactly. I currently drive a BMW 530e PHEV. It meets my needs (more than in term of luxury) but I would love a bit more power and longed for a BME 545e which delivers HP in the 300s but they won't sell it in the USA. At my age, I am not going to track a car and the 480 HP of a Pure is all the HP I need. Living in Arizona, I don't want the glass roof and if I am going to go entirely green, I should avoid a methane spewing provider of fine leather (which I do have in my current DD). So the Pure meets my needs.
The glass canopy is an interesting issue. I too, if living in Arizona, would probably wish to avoid it despite the fact that it's treated to mitigate the amount of solar heat, but probably not eliminate it. However in my case, having driven a Tesla MS for almost 3 years, the glass canopy, although initially a novelty, soon became invisible to me. Virtually every car I've driven has a sunroof/moonroof, none of which I ever open. So for me it's really a waste, but few nice cars offer the ability to delete the sunroof.

The glass canopy is an interesting issue. I too, if living in Arizona, would probably wish to avoid it despite the fact that it's treated to mitigate the amount of solar heat, but probably not eliminate it. However in my case, having driven a Tesla MS for almost 3 years, the glass canopy, although initially a novelty, soon became invisible to me. Virtually every car I've driven has a sunroof/moonroof, none of which I ever open. So for me it's really a waste, but few nice cars offer the ability to delete the sunroof.
You know, I'm in AZ as well, and while the glass gave me pause, I'm willing to accept that it will be ok. Having test driven a couple of times, I did not notice increased brightness overhead. Certainly, not the same as heat, but I'm guessing it can't be much hotter than my jeep with the retractable canvas. But related, I have driven higher trucks and suvs for most of my life. I was worried about view in the much lower profile AGT. One thing I realized is that the much larger glass area it did not feel low in traffic. Not sure if I'd get that same feeling without the canopy but but my wife and I remarked that vision was not an issue and our surprise at that.

Slap a film of high end tint, and it's night and day on glare and heat reduction. The factory shading and IR blocking is good, but once you add another flim, 3M crystalline for me, it was leaps better.

Slap a film of high end tint, and it's night and day on glare and heat reduction. The factory shading and IR blocking is good, but once you add another flim, 3M crystalline for me, it was leaps better.

Did you add the tint on by default or because you noticed heat? I have not felt *any* heat come through in the CA sun.

Did you add the tint on by default or because you noticed heat? I have not felt *any* heat come through in the CA sun.
Same here in AZ, although the sun lower this time of year. I also have some Teslas (Model , 3, Y) and they have glass tops and I have not felt the need to tint them. Although tinting the Model 3, Y windshield with PhotoSync IRD made a huge difference. I'm getting the Lucid side windows tinted with PhotoSync. The installer said that tinting the whole front windshield would not be a clean job, but tinting up to the sun visors, could be done. I'll wait on that until the summer.

"but tinting up to the sun visors, could be done"

Having difficult time visualizing this.

I just did it because it was in the shop and supposedly there was a template. The shop did a really good job, with no seams. They removed removed visors and cut holes in the tint and put the visors back on over it. It looks really good and the glare is considerably less. Went with 3M crystalline 70.

"but tinting up to the sun visors, could be done"

Having difficult time visualizing this.
The tint would extend from the bottom of the windshield and stop about where the sun visors start, right below the sun visor supports, possibly half wrapping around them. Unfortunately, there would be a demarcation where the film stops, but the film I'd be using is 70% light transmissible and would not stand out, since it would stop about where the factory tint starts.

Proposed Window Tint.jpg

I just did it because it was in the shop and supposedly there was a template. The shop did a really good job, with no seams. They removed removed visors and cut holes in the tint and put the visors back on over it. It looks really good and the glare is considerably less. Went with 3M crystalline 70.
It's surprising that they have a template for it already!

It's surprising that they have a template for it already!
They might have been lying and did a custom job, but it's super clean with no seams all the way to the top.

They might have been lying and did a custom job, but it's super clean with no seams all the way to the top.
You mean it includes the lower and upper part of the windshield – the whole thing?

You mean it includes the lower and upper part of the windshield – the whole thing?
Yep, whole thing, 1 piece

Wonder how the reattachment of the visors worked out.
They said the visors were held on with 3 t20 screws, so relatively easy to remove and replace.

Don't know if it's important to you but the SD studio told me cars with Purluxe interiors would not be equipped with AC ventilated front seats.
What is “Purluxe” interiors?

Back