Air Dream Deliveries?

It’s a new model so delays / teething issues are to be expected. I think the moment my e-Tron went into production it was still a good 3 to 4 months before I got it from Europe. It hit the US port and then Audi slapped a recall on it with no ETA so ended up grabbing one that a customer didn’t want from the dealer. So yes, sh*t happens and waiting a few more weeks isn’t a massive issue in the scheme of things.

As much as my experience with Audi over the e-Tron hasn’t been a positive once since taking delivery I have to say they were regularly providing updates during the production and shipping logistics of the car.

I think Lucid needs to realize that people are more reasonable when you fess up as to why a delivery is delayed vs. saying nothing. I’m sure Audi didn’t want to tell me the car was under recall but they called and informed me pretty quickly. It’s a new model, issues are to be expected. What’s not cool is the vagueness / silence from Lucid (especially for those who have already paid)

Ordering a new Porsche, especially a limited production model like a GT3, is a terrible experience.

First you need to negotiate with your dealership to just get on a list for a possible allocation. Eventually they might call you and let you know there is an allocation available, this is no guarantee by the way. Hopefully you don't need to pay a mark-up. Then you lock your build. It goes to the factory which can take several months to manufacture the vehicle. Next it's shipped to one of the ports in Europe where it sits for a few weeks. Then it boards a boat. During this time you get no information as your vehicle is sailing across the Atlantic. Eventually it gets dropped off at another port in the US. It sits at the port for another week or two, and then suddenly appears at the dealership. Finally the dealership needs a week to get your vehicle ready for delivery.
It seems like most of the complaints here deal with delivery advisors not being straight with us. We like honesty and don't like excuses. Instead of saying your Lucid is coming soon, just tell us what is going on. We can handle it.

So I believe that both Borski and Paladin will be taking delivery in Millbrae as will I. I'm wondering if there are any other Dream Edition orders on this forum waiting for delivery to Millbrae? I'm hoping they will put us all on the same truck??

I'm probably one of the last DE customers and now I'm getting word of an early Feb delivery. My car is still waiting on an exterior trim part that couldn't fit properly during installation. As we've heard in bits and pieces, the original supplier wasn't able to come through so they had to look elsewhere.

I'm probably one of the last DE customers and now I'm getting word of an early Feb delivery. My car is still waiting on an exterior trim part that couldn't fit properly during installation. As we've heard in bits and pieces, the original supplier wasn't able to come through so they had to look elsewhere.
They told you it was an exterior part? Did they say Feb or are you guessing that?

So I believe that both Borski and Paladin will be taking delivery in Millbrae as will I. I'm wondering if there are any other Dream Edition orders on this forum waiting for delivery to Millbrae? I'm hoping they will put us all on the same truck??

I will be taking delivery in Millbrae as well, though further behind in the process, still awaiting the VIN. I was told that I'm still on track for January production, though, my new advisor wouldn't commit to specific delivery timing based on all the things that need to happen between now and then.

I will be taking delivery in Millbrae as well, though further behind in the process, still awaiting the VIN. I was told that I'm still on track for January production, though, my new advisor wouldn't commit to specific delivery timing based on all the things that need to happen between now and then.
Congrats all who is taking delivery at Millbrae and make sure share us your DE# along with the pics. Thanks.

Here are the latest updates from Bears

Tuesday:
We stopped by Lucid today for a quick car count. 82 total cars! Tomorrow will be our next flyover and we will have a car count that we will be putting out in tomorrow's Lucid livestream.
1642032441325.png

Wednesday:
Here is today's car count as shown in our livestream. We caught 72 cars. At least 20 from yesterday were taken away,

1642032491603.png

though further behind in the process, still awaiting the VIN.
I am struggling to remember all of the DE reservation holders here but I am thinking that you are the only one on this forum without a VIN? Are there any other DE reservation holders that have not received their VIN yet?

I am struggling to remember all of the DE reservation holders here but I am thinking that you are the only one on this forum without a VIN? Are there any other DE reservation holders that have not received their VIN yet?
I don't have a VIN.

There's probably others, since not all DE reservations holders would be on forums. I knew mine would be pushed towards the end of the queue since I asked to change my color. Like others, I was told to expect delivery before 2021 year end with the last minute call to expect delays into January.

If you do not have a VIN yet, I think your car is waiting on a lot more than the exterior fit and finish piece that you DA told you about.
If it is, then I think that says a lot more about Lucid's communication on the subject up to this point, since it would suggest they are outright misleading their priority customers (whether intentional or not).

The word is they stopped assigning VINs and accepting payments once it became clear the quality-related delays would be significant, but I think this speaks to some internal communication lapses as well.

If it is, then I think that says a lot more about Lucid's communication on the subject up to this point, since it would suggest they are outright misleading their priority customers (whether intentional or not).

The word is they stopped assigning VINs and accepting payments once it became clear the quality-related delays would be significant, but I think this speaks to some internal communication lapses as well.
It really surprises me that they asked for payment before assigning a VIN. I agree with you on the issues with internal communication and communication to customers.

I am still waiting for my car and it’s Jan 11th. I am probably customer number 400 or so. The DA really has no clue on status. He just apologizes profusely. I actually fully paid for my car and everything. I’m a little worried about Lucid as they just don’t seem to have their act together. I know they are new but they are only producing about 500 cars and the left hand definitely is not talking to the right hand. Why did they ask me for full payment a month before telling me that there are part delays. Again I know everything is new but for 500 cars you’d think they would be more organized. Makes me worry how the heck they are going to scale to 20k cars
I think its ok to have some delays since its a new company! With that said I don't think we should be asked to pay for our Vehicles with out a firm delivery date.
I will take your lesson as my own and not pay for my GT until I have a confirmed delivery date! Thank you for this.

Tesla never required me to pay up front. I guess they suggested it but it was never a requirement. I had a cashiers check for number 1, a flat bed delivered in my garage and for the rest, I believe I brought a personal check. I guess I was nieve with Lucid and believed them but based on @eurekaboo, I’m not expecting a anything before the beginning of Feb, and that probably depends on whether they’ve borrowed Elon’s clock.

Tesla never required me to pay up front. I guess they suggested it but it was never a requirement. I had a cashiers check for number 1, a flat bed delivered in my garage and for the rest, I believe I brought a personal check. I guess I was nieve with Lucid and believed them but based on @eurekaboo, I’m not expecting a anything before the beginning of Feb, and that probably depends on whether they’ve borrowed Elon’s clock.
Unless they are paying you interest, they should not be keeping your money like that.

Back