Air Dream Deliveries?

I tried "Alexa, drive car," but it didn't work. But saying, "Alex, drive car" (to myself), works all the time.
HILARIOUS

Last edited:
I tried "Alexa, drive car," but it didn't work. But saying, "Alex, drive car" (to myself), works all the time.

:D that's funny. If everything goes you plan I'll be documenting my Lucid AGT journey from Millbrae to Indianapolis.

Car does have Trip A and B odometers, I think I saw a pic.

Folks, the more I speak with my DA, the more I have come to conclude that they are nearly as much in the dark as we are.

The initial email response from a Lucid rep to my question about wiring requirements for the Lucid Home Charging Station was worded “Here is what I could find”. (Further follow up was actually from someone on their charging team, so no complaints from me.)

The sales reps at the retail locations I’ve visited confirmed to me that all they knew was what was on the website.

So it seems information is fairly compartmentalized at Lucid, and they are striving to have a uniform PR front.

The initial email response from a Lucid rep to my question about wiring requirements for the Lucid Home Charging Station was worded “Here is what I could find”. (Further follow up was actually from someone on their charging team, so no complaints from me.)

The sales reps at the retail locations I’ve visited confirmed to me that all they knew was what was on the website.

So it seems information is fairly compartmentalized at Lucid, and they are striving to have a uniform PR front.

I believe the electrician I am going to use (recommended by Borski) has been in contact with the appropriate personnel at Lucid. He told me he pretty much knows what will be needed but suggested at this point I wait until the actual unit is available.

I believe the electrician I am going to use (recommended by Borski) has been in contact with the appropriate personnel at Lucid. He told me he pretty much knows what will be needed but suggested at this point I wait until the actual unit is available.
My electrician told me the same thing about 6 months ago.

It’s a great electric firm btw. Turned out @borski and I used the same electrician when we had ours installed without realizing it. I would recommend them without any hesitation.

It’s a great electric firm btw. Turned out @borski and I used the same electrician when we had ours installed without realizing it. I would recommend them without any hesitation.
where are you folks located at? wondering if i can use the same firm.

I also have a very good PPF dealer in nearby Los Gatos.

Which one is yours? Also, we should have a meet up or something once we all get our cars haha (and provided COVID doesn’t suck more fun out of us)
Yeah, how about Half Moon Bay to Napa on June 25th then back to San Francisco for dinner? That is our plan if everything works out for Millbrae delivery.

Which one is yours? Also, we should have a meet up or something once we all get our cars haha (and provided COVID doesn’t suck more fun out of us)

I use Deep Reflections in Los Gatos. Alejandro did my Porsche Panamera and also did many of my friends cars after they saw my car. If you call him make sure to tell him Bernie sent you. I'm all for a meet up but I think I'll get mine after you and Paladin as mine was an upgrade from the AGT when they increased to 520. However, my original reservation was back in May.

Yeah, how about Half Moon Bay to Napa on June 25th then back to San Francisco for dinner? That is our plan if everything works out for Millbrae delivery.

I could probably do the Half Moon Bay and Napa trip but the last place I'll ever take my Dream Edition is San Francisco. The city is totally out of control and car break ins and vandalizing are at an all time high and the police/DA aren't doing anything to stop it.

I use Deep Reflections in Los Gatos. Alejandro did my Porsche Panamera and also did many of my friends cars after they saw my car. If you call him make sure to tell him Bernie sent you. I'm all for a meet up but I think I'll get mine after you and Paladin as mine was an upgrade from the AGT when they increased to 520. However, my original reservation was back in May.
How much are they?
Mine is OCDetaling they did my Taycan.(
)
They are $9,500 for full custom+ceramic iirc. Stek dynoshield+cquartz finest.

I will tell you to stay the hell away from “WheelXperts”. We did them for our Teslas. Got a beautiful Caribbean blue shimmer wrap on my3, but it started to peel in weird places and it took the guy 6 freaking months to figure out how to reattach the “t”. They were about half the price, apparently you get what you pay for.

Compare that to OCDetaling, where the owner called me up profusely apologetic that they cracked my glass on my Taycan and that they had already ordered an OEM replacement and would be repairing it. The crack? A tiny nick on the roof that I would never have seen in a million years. It took them about a week to do the car as it was their first, and they even PPF+ceramic the painted

I’d be up for a meet up also, once COVID gets a bit better. I’ve already met @borski at the Millbrae event.

I get the feeling several of us may meet at our pickups. I also get the feeling when the fit/finish part is fixed they will try to have some bigger deliveries, depending on Omicron.

as for when I’ll get mine: I have no idea. I was also an AGT upgrade. I reserved back in 2020. I also know for a fact my original order was built and delivered to Houston.The owner is flipping it and confirmed via vin.
My problem was that I swapped from 19–>21 when I did the test drive, after seeing how smooth it was, and my DA fucked up and forgot to change it for like 3 weeks. It was only after my third or fourth email to him confirming my specs he realized his mistake. As a result, they pulled my VIN and gave it to that Houston person.

in summary: I have no idea where I am in the lineup, but I should be somewhat higher up, as my new vin should have been prioritized back to a similar build queue spot.

Man, You must have been livid with your DA!

Man, You must have been livid with your DA!
Yea. That’s how I ended up talking to Doreen, sr director in sales. I was super annoyed at my DA, I had actually requested a change in DA, but I didn’t push on that so it never happened.

@borski has a way better DA.

I could probably do the Half Moon Bay and Napa trip but the last place I'll ever take my Dream Edition is San Francisco. The city is totally out of control and car break ins and vandalizing are at an all time high and the police/DA aren't doing anything to stop it.

That's good to know. I'll keep the meet up talk going. It's a ways off, but hopefully by then no more masks and COVID.

Back