Air Dream Deliveries?

So I’m only going to put the film on the entire front back to the A pillars, the door edges, mirrors, rocker panels, and around the trunk area. Than full ceramic coating. Not sure about the glass yet.

1641931315622.png

Lucid right now..... lol!

Just thinking of math, what % of Dream Owners do you think exist on this forum. Say 520 cars, would we say 5% of dream owners live here? and 95% are somewhere else.
IE, if 5% of the owners was say 5 people that didn't get fit and finish parts, does that imply 100 people didn't get fit and finish parts. Just trying to run napkin math.
I am still waiting for my car and it’s Jan 11th. I am probably customer number 400 or so. The DA really has no clue on status. He just apologizes profusely. I actually fully paid for my car and everything. I’m a little worried about Lucid as they just don’t seem to have their act together. I know they are new but they are only producing about 500 cars and the left hand definitely is not talking to the right hand. Why did they ask me for full payment a month before telling me that there are part delays. Again I know everything is new but for 500 cars you’d think they would be more organized. Makes me worry how the heck they are going to scale to 20k cars

I am still waiting for my car and it’s Jan 11th. I am probably customer number 400 or so. The DA really has no clue on status. He just apologizes profusely. I actually fully paid for my car and everything. I’m a little worried about Lucid as they just don’t seem to have their act together. I know they are new but they are only producing about 500 cars and the left hand definitely is not talking to the right hand. Why did they ask me for full payment a month before telling me that there are part delays. Again I know everything is new but for 500 cars you’d think they would be more organized. Makes me worry how the heck they are going to scale to 20k cars

I would tell them you want a refund unless they can give you a date on when the car is going to be delivered. Once a confirmed delivery date is provided you will then pay. I'm sure the headline "Lucid takes $170K from customer but hasn't provided anything in return" is a nice story a media outlet would like to pick up as well. They can't keep continue to keep customers in the dark who have outlaid that much money and been given nothing. Send a tweet Peter's way "Hey Peter, You took my $170K a month ago but now won't deliver my car or talk to me about delivery" and tag Elon because if Peter doesn't respond I'm sure Elon might like to throw some shade Lucid's way

I would tell them you want a refund unless they can give you a date on when the car is going to be delivered. Once a confirmed delivery date is provided you will then pay. I'm sure the headline "Lucid takes $170K from customer but hasn't provided anything in return" is a nice story a media outlet would like to pick up as well. They can't keep continue to keep customers in the dark who have outlaid that much money and been given nothing. Send a tweet Peter's way "Hey Peter, You took my $170K a month ago but now won't deliver my car or talk to me about delivery" and tag Elon because if Peter doesn't respond I'm sure Elon might like to throw some shade Lucid's way
At the bare minimum, I would expect them to be either making the loan payments till they deliver, or at the bare minimum be covering the interest.

At the bare minimum, I would expect them to be either making the loan payments till they deliver, or at the bare minimum be covering the interest.

Loan, cash, whatever way it's been paid, I have a real issue when companies take full payment and don't deliver. There is no incentive for them to move quickly because they've already got the cash.

The DAs seem to be pushing for full payment in advance of receipt, citing the absence of in-state automobile sales licenses (aside from Arizona and California?). However, the actual purchase agreement provides for full payment at the time of delivery. The key to this process is elsewhere in the agreement that defines "delivery" as when your vehicle is loaded on a carrier for delivery to you. At that point, you have accepted delivery even though you do not actually have any metal in your driveway.

It is unconscionable to force a prepayment without providing a definitive confirmation that your vehicle actually is in transit to your destination. That is a serious "float" which unnecessarily raises the spector of old school 'making money off your money.' It's rather bush league.

Here’s what I received Today. Anyone else get the same thing?

Miamicanes,

I hope you had a wonderful New Years and this message finds you well.

I want to provide some additional context on what is currently going on.

At this time Miamicanes, you are in a very select group of individuals who has paid and signed for the vehicle, effectively giving you priority for delivery. I can assure you Lucid will deliver your car in January and our teams both at HQ and in AMP-1 are working tirelessly around the clock to accomplish this goal.

The reason we moved forward with collecting payment is Lucid expected the quality-compliant parts to be arriving in larger quantities than we have experienced. As soon as it became clear that the parts meeting our standards were not available as expected, we wanted to give you an update.

If you don’t want to keep your money with us while you wait, we can refund your payment and ask you to pay again when your car is ready. I’m not encouraging you to cancel your order, but I did want to make sure you know this is an option.

Based on what I see in my system, your car has achieved all major manufacturing milestones and we truly are in that final stretch. However, it may be a bit premature to give a firm delivery date as the vehicle is technically incomplete, and must still go through inspection at a service center before it can be delivered.

I completely realize the bumpiness of the delivery process, Miamicanes. I genuinely thank you for your support and understanding as we work to overcome these challenges and deliver the best Dream Edition vehicles we can.

Best,

Even though I do want my Lucid Dream, I am really quite annoyed and I may actually just cancel and get my full refund since they are offering that has a solution. I may regret it later or I just simply wait a year and just get a Lucid Air after they work out there manufacturing kinks.

Miamicanes,

At this time Miamicanes, you are in a very select group of individuals who has paid and signed for the vehicle, effectively giving you priority for delivery. I can assure you Lucid will deliver your car in January and our teams both at HQ and in AMP-1 are working tirelessly around the clock to accomplish this goal.

The reason we moved forward with collecting payment is Lucid expected the quality-compliant parts to be arriving in larger quantities than we have experienced. As soon as it became clear that the parts meeting our standards were not available as expected, we wanted to give you an update.

If you don’t want to keep your money with us while you wait, we can refund your payment and ask you to pay again when your car is ready. I’m not encouraging you to cancel your order, but I did want to make sure you know this is an option.

Based on what I see in my system, your car has achieved all major manufacturing milestones and we truly are in that final stretch. However, it may be a bit premature to give a firm delivery date as the vehicle is technically incomplete, and must still go through inspection at a service center before it can be delivered.

I completely realize the bumpiness of the delivery process, Miamicanes. I genuinely thank you for your support and understanding as we work to overcome these challenges and deliver the best Dream Edition vehicles we can.

Best,
Reply back and ask what the part was

Miamicanes,

Best,

As frustrating as it is...... don't cut your nose off to spite your face. We're almost mid-January and you wouldn't drop $170K on a car if you didn't want it. By the time you get it the new software update should be applied or very close to coming with the additions being added to DreamDrive. If anything, ask for the money back to send a message that you're not happy but don't cancel it. Put it into some Rivian stock for the next couple of weeks and make some money off it, lol! :D

As frustrating as it is...... don't cut your nose off to spite your face. We're almost mid-January and you wouldn't drop $170K on a car if you didn't want it. By the time you get it the new software update should be applied or very close to coming with the additions being added to DreamDrive. If anything, ask for the money back to send a message that you're not happy but don't cancel it. Put it into some Rivian stock for the next couple of weeks and make some money off it, lol! :D
Everything but the Rivian part.

I’m not canceling anything. I have first world problems, like moving vehicles to different vacation houses in anticipation of my Lucid delivery while now being stuck with my RAM TRX as my daily driver. Annoying, yes, but I’ll live. Lol.

I’m not canceling anything. I have first world problems, like moving vehicles to different vacation houses in anticipation of my Lucid delivery while now being stuck with my RAM TRX as my daily driver. Annoying, yes, but I’ll live. Lol.

It seems this is not just limited to one customer. I read on a Facebook Lucid owners group that someone is seriously thinking of canceling his DE due to lack of clarity as to delivery. He too has paid in full over a month ago.

It seems this is not just limited to one customer. I read on a Facebook Lucid owners group that someone is seriously thinking of canceling his DE due to lack of clarity as to delivery. He too has paid in full over a month ago.
Reached out to Len via twitter and hope he can escalate.

I am in the same boat -- awaiting my DE for about a month now. Except Lucid has not asked me to pay yet -I have a VIN, but they have not asked for my money. I agree with Miamicanes' attitude. Do you really want to push them to hurry up and get you a car? I think it would be far better to be patient and let them work out the bugs and get you a perfect car, whether that takes days or weeks or even months. Other car manufacturers are also having production problems, BTW. I ordered my wife a Genesis GV80 many months ago, and they still have no word as to when it might be fulfilled. This is the world in which we currently live.

Ordering a new Porsche, especially a limited production model like a GT3, is a terrible experience.

First you need to negotiate with your dealership to just get on a list for a possible allocation. Eventually they might call you and let you know there is an allocation available, this is no guarantee by the way. Hopefully you don't need to pay a mark-up. Then you lock your build. It goes to the factory which can take several months to manufacture the vehicle. Next it's shipped to one of the ports in Europe where it sits for a few weeks. Then it boards a boat. During this time you get no information as your vehicle is sailing across the Atlantic. Eventually it gets dropped off at another port in the US. It sits at the port for another week or two, and then suddenly appears at the dealership. Finally the dealership needs a week to get your vehicle ready for delivery.

Back