Air Dream Deliveries?

So it looks like you are in good shape. I'm thinking you will get yours this year. Only one day to ship from Casa Grande to Millbrae!! Good luck.

Nope. Sadly, got confirmation earlier today mine isn’t making it this year. No further detail yet, but will know more soon.

How did you receive notification? If you aren't receiving yours then I'm thinking I have no chance. Too bad!!

I “know a gal.” :)

And I wouldn’t count anything out yet - mine was apparently in some repair state due to QC so YMMV

Nope. Sadly, got confirmation earlier today mine isn’t making it this year. No further detail yet, but will know more soon.

I'm sorry to hear that. I know how this holding one's breath as year end approaches feels.

I just got a call. Our Dream Edition will be delivered to our home in Naples at noon this Friday, December 31. The car is arriving at the Riviera Beach service center near West Palm Beach, but the orientation advisor will be coming over from the Miami Design Studio.
Congrats, it’s been a long road! Maybe they’ll show up at 11:59pm. ;)

I just got a call. Our Dream Edition will be delivered to our home in Naples at noon this Friday, December 31. The car is arriving at the Riviera Beach service center near West Palm Beach, but the orientation advisor will be coming over from the Miami Design Studio.
Excellent news. I am very glad for you.

Peter will make it right my prediction everyone will dreams willl have their dream come true by 12:31 23:59

Congrats to @hmp10!

Congrats, who is still waiting for an order not confirmed for a pick up date?

My order was confirmed off the DE waitlist (so I believe in a similar boat as @SaratogaLefty) and I've yet to receive news about where my car is in the production process.

I know this has been covered elsewhere, but my advisor at HQ insists that a VIN is assigned just before a vehicle clears the factory (and before rework). I could read this two ways - does it mean that is when the vehicle is now designated for my order, or is this when the VIN is generated and stamped to the car but it was already intended to become mine all along?

I've been told that my delivery will take place in early Jan rather than by EOY as previously thought, because there is an increased focus on the quality of the vehicles leaving the factory, which basically reiterates the QC rumors that others have mentioned. Apparently this has led them to extend the time window between assigning the VIN and making final delivery.

Peter will make it right my prediction everyone will dreams willl have their dream come true by 12:31 23:59

We can hope that things will work out in our favor, but speculation doesn't beat out actual facts. You can look for patterns in the VINs if you want, and maybe you'll actually find something there, but it won't change anything for us who are still waiting for our vehicles. I don't think we can confirm anything because we don't have access to Lucid's order books, so they are just guesses. Statements like "trust in the process" are, IMO, misplaced optimism with how opaque everything has been. Talk about that in another thread; I don't think it's helpful here.

I know this has been covered elsewhere, but my advisor at HQ insists that a VIN is assigned just before a vehicle clears the factory (and before rework). I could read this two ways - does it mean that is when the vehicle is now designated for my order, or is this when the VIN is generated and stamped to the car but it was already intended to become mine all along?

My Delivery Advisor told me the same thing. However, when I spoke by phone last week with Zak Edson, Lucid's VP of Sales and Service, he was very clear that I had been given incorrect information. He said the VIN is assigned when the car enters the general assembly line (meaning the powertrain has already been built in the other factory in Casa Grande, and the body is out of the paint shop).

This makes sense, as I received my VIN on November 19 but my car entered final inspection on December 22.

However, a friend in Orlando received his car 11 days after his VIN was assigned. So there is no predicting when you'll get your car from when you got your VIN. Nor do VIN's correlate in any way to production sequence.

My Delivery Advisor told me the same thing. However, when I spoke by phone last week with Zak Edson, Lucid's VP of Sales and Service, he was very clear that I had been given incorrect information. He said the VIN is assigned when the car enters the general assembly line (meaning the powertrain has already been built in the other factory in Casa Grande, and the body is out of the paint shop).

This makes sense, as I received my VIN on November 19 but my car entered final inspection on December 22.

However, a friend in Orlando received his car 11 days after his VIN was assigned. So there is no predicting when you'll get your car from when you got your VIN. Nor do VIN's correlate in any way to production sequence.

Adding to the inconsistency might be that someone that was given a VIN and decides to back out. That vehicle and corresponding VIN is reassigned to someone further on the list. The time to delivery could seem shorter since it was already further along in the production process.

Adding to the inconsistency might be that someone that was given a VIN and decides to back out. That vehicle and corresponding VIN is reassigned to someone further on the list. The time to delivery could seem shorter since it was already further along in the production process.
This is my case. My first VIN was pulled after a few weeks, so someone that got it would think their wait is a few weeks shorter.

I just got confirmation that my vehicle definitely will not be completed by EOY.

Congrats!

I can't wait to see the photos! It's cutting it too close so I'll be placing my order today so I can get the EA charging.

I'm sorry to hear that. Did they have a ballpark guess about when?
I asked, I’ll be surprised if I get an answer on that.

they are going to work to see if they can get in house financing (BoA?)to match my existing. As I may have a problem with my existing going beyond year end

I asked, I’ll be surprised if I get an answer on that.

they are going to work to see if they can get in house financing (BoA?)to match my existing. As I may have a problem with my existing going beyond year end
Sorry to hear your bad news. I’m still in the dark regarding my status but since I still don’t have the Docusign package I’m thinking I’m in the same boat. My guess is they’ll be lucky to deliver 350 cars this year which means the stock will take a hit. Maybe time to short it??

Sorry to hear your bad news. I’m still in the dark regarding my status but since I still don’t have the Docusign package I’m thinking I’m in the same boat. My guess is they’ll be lucky to deliver 350 cars this year which means the stock will take a hit. Maybe time to short it??
I think the stock will be fine as long as they “produced” over 400-500. Mine is done and just waiting for QA

Back