RESOLVED AGT stops charging

This problem is continuing. In the past few days our car has stopped charging well short of the 80% charge limit at which it is set. I just went out to vacuum the car and noticed it had stopped charging at 52%. (We had begun charging from 45% last evening after a trip over to the other coast.) Earlier in the week it had stopped charging at 68% (after the charge had dropped to 58% prior to plugging in). We had no power interruptions at the house during those two charging sessions, so this is not a failure to restart charging after a power failure. And both times the car was parked in the garage in moderate temperatures after normal driving in temperatures in the mid-80s, so the battery shouldn't have been under any particular thermal strain. The car is just randomly stopping charging on its own.

This problem is continuing. In the past few days our car has stopped charging well short of the 80% charge limit at which it is set. I just went out to vacuum the car and noticed it had stopped charging at 52%. (We had begun charging from 45% last evening after a trip over to the other coast.) Earlier in the week it had stopped charging at 68% (after the charge had dropped to 58% prior to plugging in). We had no power interruptions at the house during those two charging sessions, so this is not a failure to restart charging after a power failure. And both times the car was parked in the garage in moderate temperatures after normal driving in temperatures in the mid-80s, so the battery shouldn't have been under any particular thermal strain. The car is just randomly stopping charging on its own.
This has been covered on many threads. The problem is one of three things: the car, the cable, or the outlet itself. It has turned out in most situations, at least here on the forum, to be the outlet itself. It begins to overheat and the car stops charging to protect itself. The first thing to do is to try your car somewhere else. Do you know anybody that has a charger at home? That’s a good place to plug your car and see if it charges as normal. If it does not, that eliminates the outlet as a possibility. I would recommend you go through this process until you’ve determined which of the three is the root cause before calling customer service. Where are you located? Perhaps there is another member here on the forum who would be gracious enough to help you figure this out by using his or her charger and/or cable.

This happened to not the Lucid, but my wife’s Volvo, while using the Lucid cable, it quit at 70% though it was set to 90%. The lights on the cable were off, so I tried the Volvo cable and it was also getting no power, so then I went and flipped the breaker for the circuit (50amp) and everything worked again. I’m suspecting it was my outlet but the prongs were not hot and everything seemed normal after the failure. I’ll have to keep trying and see what happens. The only other confounding factor was this was while using the new V2 Lucid charging cable I got after they replaced the HV Battery and WunderBox, so I’m suspecting there was some sort of electrical fault while using the Lucid cable which cut the power, and then neither the Lucid nor Volvo cable worked until I flipped the breaker. However prior to using the Lucid V2 cable I’d never had an issue, but also wasn’t charging at home as frequently as we didn’t have the XC40 recharge yet. Yep it’s confusing, to be determined….

This has been covered on many threads. The problem is one of three things: the car, the cable, or the outlet itself. It has turned out in most situations, at least here on the forum, to be the outlet itself. It begins to overheat and the car stops charging to protect itself. The first thing to do is to try your car somewhere else. Do you know anybody that has a charger at home? That’s a good place to plug your car and see if it charges as normal. If it does not, that eliminates the outlet as a possibility. I would recommend you go through this process until you’ve determined which of the three is the root cause before calling customer service. Where are you located? Perhaps there is another member here on the forum who would be gracious enough to help you figure this out by using his or her charger and/or cable.

We have another 240-volt outlet in our garage that we use to charge our Tesla. (When I built the house in 2017 I put in a 400-amp panel and installed two 60-amp NEMA 14-50 outlets in the garage with capacity to add a third.) We just returned a friend's Chevy Bolt EUV after garaging it for him while he was in Europe for four weeks. We recharged it several times off the outlet I use for the Lucid (and using the Lucid cable), and it had no problems. When we get back from dinner tonight, I'll swap the Tesla and the Lucid between charging outlets and see what happens. However, this does not happen regularly. It's happened twice in the past week and sporadically a few times before the high-voltage battery was replaced a few weeks ago.

We have another 240-volt outlet in our garage that we use to charge our Tesla. (When I built the house in 2017 I put in a 400-amp panel and installed two 60-amp NEMA 14-50 outlets in the garage with capacity to add a third.) We just returned a friend's Chevy Bolt EUV after garaging it for him while he was in Europe for four weeks. We recharged it several times off the outlet I use for the Lucid (and using the Lucid cable), and it had no problems. When we get back from dinner tonight, I'll swap the Tesla and the Lucid between charging outlets and see what happens. However, this does not happen regularly. It's happened twice in the past week and sporadically a few times before the high-voltage battery was replaced a few weeks ago.
Please keep us posted on this.

Please keep us posted on this.
Talked to my electrician. We have plans to check the outlet. However, a common occurrence here is Huntsville is construction of apartments and neighborhoods. He has seen (mostly on commerical due to general lack of EVs) a voltage drop from the grid due to new construction.

I will post here as well if that is the case (new apartments built and being filled around our neighborhood). A drop from 240V to 220V was enough to cause all kinds of issues on the commercial side, so I expect the same with the heat of summer and energy demands of the car.

My AGT continues to stop charging after 5-10% and goes to sleep. I have to wake it up and it starts to charge again. When I called customer service they said they are working on it as it is a known software bug. They recommend leaving one of the doors open to stop the car from going to sleep???
FYI, stops charging when it goes into sleep mode.

FYI, stops charging when it goes into sleep mode.

It should not do this. If so, the car will not charge on a home L2 charger to the charge limit if it has been driven more than a few miles.

Change the wall plug. Some Mamés overheat and cause charging system to overheat also. I had same problem. Good now

Change the wall plug. Some Mamés overheat and cause charging system to overheat also. I had same problem. Good now

I've been using this receptacle to charge a Lucid Dream since December 2021. This charging problem has only presented itself since the car came back from having the battery pack and rear drive unit replaced a couple of weeks ago. I am now using the other receptacle in our garage (that we normally use to charge our Tesla) to see how the Lucid behaves on it. I suppose the first receptacle could have suddenly developed an overheating problem that occurs only sporadically (as in days apart), but that would be a pretty weird failure mode for a wall outlet.

Mine worked fine for about 7-8 months. When this happened I called the electrician who installed it. He also installs for Tesla in Toronto, Canada. Told me it was a common problem was there next day changed to a different outlet and it has worked fine for the last 3 months.

Need some help here. I'm trying to determine why our car stops charging short of the charge limit. Last evening I plugged the car into a different 240-volt outlet (the one on which we normally charge our Tesla). The car is currently charged up to 81%, which is slightly above the charge limit I set. (The Lucid App is giving me a message that the car's current charge level is above the charge limit.). When I went to bed last night, the app was showing the car as fully charged and at 80%. Why would the car have charged up an additional percentage point?

Also, the lighted Lucid logo on the charge cable is glowing a constant white. I thought that light goes out once the car is fully charged. Am I remembering this correctly?

The car is currently charged up to 81%, which is slightly above the charge limit I set. (The Lucid App is giving me a message that the car's current charge level is above the charge limit.). When I went to bed last night, the app was showing the car as fully charged and at 80%. Why would the car have charged up an additional percentage point?
Lucid likely uses a temperature adjusted voltage to estimate SOC. As temperature changes, the SOC estimate can change. Even if your garage temperture is fairly constant, the battery temperature may change after charging. I have noticed several occasions where I park my car for an hour and come back and the SOC is one percent higher. I doubt this is related to the charging issue that you are seeing.

Need some help here. I'm trying to determine why our car stops charging short of the charge limit. Last evening I plugged the car into a different 240-volt outlet (the one on which we normally charge our Tesla). The car is currently charged up to 81%, which is slightly above the charge limit I set. (The Lucid App is giving me a message that the car's current charge level is above the charge limit.). When I went to bed last night, the app was showing the car as fully charged and at 80%. Why would the car have charged up an additional percentage point?

Also, the lighted Lucid logo on the charge cable is glowing a constant white. I thought that light goes out once the car is fully charged. Am I remembering this correctly?
Lucid charger stays white. It does not go out when car is fully charged.

Lucid likely uses a temperature adjusted voltage to estimate SOC. As temperature changes, the SOC estimate can change. Even if your garage temperture is fairly constant, the battery temperature may change after charging. I have noticed several occasions where I park my car for an hour and come back and the SOC is one percent higher. I doubt this is related to the charging issue that you are seeing.
I can confirm this behavior as well. Mainly after DCFC. I charge in the mornings (90%), drive 15 miles afterwards using about 3% SoC. I park my car outside and when I return from work 99% of the time my SoC rises back up to 90% or more.

My AGT continues to stop charging after 5-10% and goes to sleep. I have to wake it up and it starts to charge again. When I called customer service they said they are working on it as it is a known software bug. They recommend leaving one of the doors open to stop the car from going to sleep???
I had this issue in my AT a few months ago, but it resolved itself with the next installed software update. Hasn't happened in months at this point.

It's been two days since we swapped the charging positions of our two EVs: the Tesla is now charging on the Lucid outlet and the Lucid on the Tesla outlet. Neither car has seen a charging interruption thus far. However, several days sometimes elapsed between the episodes with the Lucid, so we are going to have to keep this experiment running for a while yet before I can say for sure there is not a problem with the outlet.

Was having same problem over a period of weeks. Mobile service tried new charging cable (one that came with car). That didn't fix it. They then suspected it was the 14-50 outlet. Electrician checked it. No problems. They brought me a loaner (also an AGT) and trucked mine to service center. The loaner charged on my garage outlet fine. The service center diagnosed this part was defective on my AGT:

P11-Y12100-06 ASSY PORTABLE EVSE 10KW WHOLE SET

They replaced it and problem was solved. Couldn't be happier with the Riviera Beach service center. They are tops.

We don’t use our AGT very often so I leave it plugged in. It is in a garage with HVAC so no temp issues. I use a hardwired Autel 50 Amp charger set at 20 Amps for slow trickle charging. It displays the power used each session.

Some weeks ago I started having “charging started / charging stopped “notifications many many times a day from both the car and the charger.
Prior to this I had two other charging related events during which the car would not accept a charge.
These were White -preparing to charge on dash,, -then red -“disconnect” on dash —“
First time it was over two weeks before service tech arrived , but in that two weeks a software update occurred which apparently remedied the problem. I I reported the second event perhaps was a week to 10 days after reporting before the service tech was scheduled. In the interim the problem again disappeared. I notified Lucid but was told a download had failed to load properly so the tech needed to come anyway to downloaded new software.

Some time afterwards the reload, I realized the stacking “ Charging started / stopped” notifications were stacking up not just for once every day or so but for many many times every day !
Over the next 3-4 day period I monitored first with the Autel, then one evening I turned off the power to the Autel via wifi. The next PM I plugged in Lucid’s 110v charger.

Other than the period the Autel was plugged in but with no power, the rapid occurrences were the same. As you can see from the attached, sometimes the start/ stop occurred within same minute, sometimes within one or two minutes.

The Autel indicated no power being dispensed during these numerous rapid start/ stop charging events.

I reported. The Tech called saying it was normal. I said I didn’t see how this could normal and asked him to review the attached screenshots ( which I immediately forwarded) and asked him to call me to discuss after receipt. He agreed. Unfortunately I haven’t heard back and my text and calls have not been returned.
Since these events are occurring with my hardwired charger and with Lucid’s 110v charger, I think issue must be with the car.

Any advice would be great appreciated.
  1. IS THIS A FIRE HAZARD?
  2. What is causing this?
  3. Is this damaging ( or already damaged) my battery
  4. Do I unplug?
Sorry for the length but I am kind of at my wits end with this being deemed “ normal”
Thanks in advance,
Bil
fullsizeoutput_178c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1796.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1789.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_178e.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1795.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1793.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_178d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_178b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1797.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1790.jpeg
l

Any advice would be great appreciated.
  1. IS THIS A FIRE HAZARD?
  2. What is causing this?
  3. Is this damaging ( or already damaged) my battery
  4. Do I unplug?
It is definitely not normal and service should continue to investigate. It is not a fire hazard and is not damaging your battery. As long as your car is charged to a reasonable level, I would unplug it to prevent this cycling.

Okay, experiment completed. I had posted earlier that our Dream P was intermittently stopping charging short of the 80% charge limit we set when plugged in at home. There were suggestions that the problem might lie with our wall outlet. As we have another 240-volt NEMA 14-50 outlet in our garage that we use to charge our Tesla, we swapped the two cars on the outlets for the past several weeks. During that time, both cars charged up to their 80% limit consistently.

Today, I found that the Lucid, which was still being charged off the outlet we usually use for the Tesla, had stopped charging during the night at 76%. In past incidents, the car had stopped charging anywhere from 52% to 76%. Also, these incidents tended to come in clusters, with days or weeks elapsing between incidents and then several occurring almost daily.

At this point, it seems that the issue is either with the Lucid or with its charging cable. We are leaving Sunday (three days hence) on a road trip where hotel reservations were made where L2 charging was offered. I'm now worried that might have been pointless, and we'll still have to rely on DCFC where we can constantly monitor the charging to be sure it doesn't stop prematurely. (I know we can monitor L2 charging via the app, but that's a bit inconvenient when we're trying to get a night's sleep on a trip.)

Someone posted earlier that Lucid Customer Service told them this was a known software issue, but the Service Advisor to whom I talked said they were not aware of any such issue.

Can anyone shed any light?

Back