AGT price decrease

Honestly, the Touring shouldn't really exist at this point. I'm still confused on the purpose it serves. It would be far more effective to option out things and a simple lineup is the best thing Lucid can do at this stage. Having the Pure, Sapphire, a GT.. and then the "cheaper" car would lead to the perfect lineup and speed pricing pretty nicely. The Pure can never really be priced out to a GT nor spec'ed to a GT, same regarding the Sapphire ... it's a proper gap.

Just to be transparent, other OEMs (cough) have issues around having too many model car variations out in the wild right now which makes dealing with the software and other things a bit of a nightmare. Yes Lucid's vehicles are on the same core platform, but their goal should be simplifying their line up rather complexing it.
Or just go the taycan way. (extended battery pack, premium interior package options)

Or just go the taycan way. (extended battery pack, premium interior package options)
I don't think anyone wants to replicate the software issues Porsche has at scale, but yes.. options galore. Also: Taycan, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S, Taycan GT, Taycan Crossover GT (there's a lot with many many options).

I don't think anyone wants to replicate the software issues Porsche has at scale, but yes.. options galore. Also: Taycan, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S, Taycan GT, Taycan Crossover GT (there's a lot with many many options).
If we seperate the wagon, theres only 4, and they all have lots of options. Porsche's offerings are only powertrain related, with that being the only difference. I think we could do that, with just pure and grand touring.(2 different powertrains)

What comes extra with the GT-P other than more HP? I've always assumed the GT could have the same HP but is being software limited so if so, get rid of the GT-P and just allow a one off HP upgrade cost to GT owners especially now the Sapphire is announced and coming

What comes extra with the GT-P other than more HP? I've always assumed the GT could have the same HP but is being software limited so if so, get rid of the GT-P and just allow a one off HP upgrade cost to GT owners especially now the Sapphire is announced and coming
Again, different powertrain options could work

I agree, the Touring makes no sense. My original order was for the Touring but then when I added DDP and SSP it wasn't too much of a leap to get to the GT with the bonus of more miles and more HP. Clearly the sentiment is the same within the public because the Touring is 3rd on the list when it comes to what people are ordering from Lucid. I also think there are too many "Air" varients and one or two need to be dropped.
GTP from my understanding is a different motor platform.

I get the idea there are 2 things going on with the GT pricing. First is the completed car for which they are willing to reduce the price and in exchange you have to deal with several options on a buy in later if you want them. Secondly are cars not yet produced for which you can add DDP or the advanced stereo. If you dont add, you dont get the items. No clue what is hidden in the car for later activation but it may have missing components in exchange for the reduced production price. I am wondering if its really 2 approached.

So those engineers are a sunk cost. Giving that same software to more customers costs nothing.
Not quite; giving that software to more customers costs them in negative sales, though maybe I misunderstood you. Do you mean just for the trial?

Interesting question... but if you purchase SSP you had better be getting a full premium sound system CAPABLE of playing any format of HD content regaqrdl3ess of the source. Certainly Lucid won't turn off some speakers as I am planning on enjoying the full sound spectrum from my own sources. Don't know if I will also go with TIDAL, XM, etc. after the trial expires until I can sample it more closely...
I see no reason why they wouldn’t turn off some speakers, particularly the roof-firing Atmos-capable ones.

Most vehicles have multiple options, and I see no reason why SSP wouldn’t be 21 speakers and regular SS wouldn’t be 14 or something.

Not quite; giving that software to more customers costs them in negative sales, though maybe I misunderstood you. Do you mean just for the trial?
Yes. I meant for the trial. Even if that person never buys DDPro, it didn't cost Lucid anything to put the trial in there and give them a shot at a possible sale.

I think they're still building the hardware into the cars, just software locked, because on their inventory website, there is a car with a description "This configuration includes a three-month trial of DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro Audio with Dolby Atmos Technology." priced at 138k, but the ones priced at 154k say "This configuration includes DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro Audio with Dolby Atmos Technology."
For owners in certain states, this may be a very valuable option.

In Kentucky when you renew your license plate, one must pay property tax on your car that is based on the current value of the configuration of your car at initial purchase. Options purchased after delivery are not included in the annual taxable valuation. Those initially choosing DDP and SSP, would pay property tax annually on the whole $154,000. Those who purchased DDP and SSP after expiration of the three month trial would be taxed on the original configuration of $138,000. The difference in the annual tax rates over the life of the car would be significant.

Back