Advice needed for solar roof installation

A while, but less long than you’d think. My electric bill prior to solar was 700-800/month. Big house, two ACs, ridiculous amount of light bulbs (LED, but still), etc. The house used to be owned by commercial electricians, so there is just lighting everywhere; the upside of this is the house gets a straight 400A of service, which is useful.
Mine bill is 150~500/month, 5k sq ft w pool, 2 HVAC, 200amp circuit breaker all full. I hope 20.5kW panels are sufficient when I get more EV down the road.
SunPower’s degradation or performance warranty is 92% after 25 years. That means that over 25 years, your panels will only degrade 8%, which is better than any other panel out there.

Plus their panels themselves are the highest efficiency there is, meaning you could likely get fewer panels.

Overall, it *is* more costly than other makers, but it’s a premium product. YMMV.
I have SunPower coming to quote in couple hours.
1) My car isn’t always at home
2) the ability to cost arbitrage and not use power from the grid during peak times
3) don’t want to degrade the lucid battery that much
❤️ #2. With net metering, do you get rebate in your bills where you live?

SunPower’s degradation or performance warranty is 92% after 25 years. That means that over 25 years, your panels will only degrade 8%, which is better than any other panel out there.

Plus their panels themselves are the highest efficiency there is, meaning you could likely get fewer panels.

Overall, it *is* more costly than other makers, but it’s a premium product. YMMV.
92% performance guarantee at 25 years is definitely good- the industry standard seems to be 80-84%

Consider a quote from Sunpower as well; you have a very large system and Sunpower panels are by far the most efficient. You will need fewer panels to achieve the same production; and they’ll install Powerwalls, too. I’d seriously get one from a local Sunpower elite installer; they are the best panels out there, and what I installed. At that size of system, the costs are high enough that it’s worth checking out the higher efficiency options.
I have checked out SunPower equipments and rep. TY. I’m a lot happier today l.

At least in Southern AZ, only reputable solar installers seemed to have survived. You need to research your area restrictions, electric company requirements, your requirements and installers reviews. In our area, the best installers are backed up 8-12 months. SunPower and LG make great panels and SolarEdge makes great inverters but if the installation is not correct, their quality will not show. Tesla was not an option in my area but they use third party vendors also so I cannot bash Tesla for a poor install of a Tesla solar roof.
My install took about 3 months due to county permitting, electric coop review and materials to arrive. As mentioned before, I also installed two Tesla Powerwalls and a Tesla wall charger. I used LG750 panels and SolarEdge inverter along with a dedicated 60 amp circuit for EV charging. Looking back, I should have went with a 100 amp circuit for the Lucid.
I have had great results with my solar and powerwalls. I also have a ductless heat pump that I use to keep garage at 88 degrees for optimum operation while Tesla, golf carts and PowerWalls are charging.

Back