OTHER About to do a 2300 miles next week

davidliu

Verified Owner
Cars
Stellar White Air GT
Plan to finish it in 7 days. Also, I will be camping exclusively. Let's see if my Air GT is indeed a grand tourer :cool:

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 8.45.12 PM.png

hey!! how'd the trip go!? im considering taking an extended trip myself, curious on your experience with non-california EA instances. i've had pretty good luck with them in the south east, but my trip will be from memphis to seattle!! (northwest!)

excellent - thats exactly what i had setup for my initial trip! i've only tested evgo and it actually worked fine. good to hear!

@davidliu nice trip! We were thinking of driving to Great Basin NP at the new moon to see some stars and try a little astrophotography. But it looks like the route you took, the most direct route, has few and iffy charging possibilities at 50kW max. Did you usually charge overnight at a campground instead of DCFC?

@davidliu nice trip! We were thinking of driving to Great Basin NP at the new moon to see some stars and try a little astrophotography. But it looks like the route you took, the most direct route, has few and iffy charging possibilities at 50kW max. Did you usually charge overnight at a campground instead of DCFC?
No, I charged at the 50Kw stations. They worked fine. I'm amazed at the Air's efficiency. I averaged around 4.0 miles per kWh when keeping my speed at 70 mph. Drove the the peak of Great Basin NP, such a blast.

Your car looks exactly the same as mine, including the bugs on the front. I took off my Aero covers, but I think for a trip like yours I'd definitely put them back on!
Lucid at Carrizo.jpg

Mine went pretty smoothly. Sharing some pics.

What an amazing route. Bravo! The drive from Cortez to Moab and Arches must have been spectacular. A shame that more people do not know the beauty of the American southwest. Glad you took some back road detours off I70 near Green River.

Decades ago, I convinced my Welsh girlfriend to move from the Lake District of England to Colorado. At first, she was a bit homesick. Took her on a very similar road trip, hiking in Moab, Arches, St George, Canyonlands and the Grand Canyon. She was never homesick again.

Thanks for sharing!

Your car looks exactly the same as mine, including the bugs on the front. I took off my Aero covers, but I think for a trip like yours I'd definitely put them back on!
View attachment 13492
Lol, we're twins. I actually prefer to have Aero caps on. I will future electric cars can have spoke free wheels.

What an amazing route. Bravo! The drive from Cortez to Moab and Arches must have been spectacular. A shame that more people do not know the beauty of the American southwest. Glad you took some back road detours off I70 near Green River.

Decades ago, I convinced my Welsh girlfriend to move from the Lake District of England to Colorado. At first, she was a bit homesick. Took her on a very similar road trip, hiking in Moab, Arches, St George, Canyonlands and the Grand Canyon. She was never homesick again.

Thanks for sharing!
Yes, the sceneries are breathtaking. I will revisit in the spring or winter time. July is scorchingly hot 🔥 I camped at the all the NPs along the way and had to wake up before 7am to prevent cooking myself in the tent. Lol.

Wow! Some beautiful pictures! I wish you had the Zenith Red though, then it would look exactly like mine and I could have some fun showing where I've been! 😁 I've had mine since 3/21/23 however no long trips yet. I do plan on about a 500 miler soon though.
Mine just have about 20k miles now. Road-tripping with Lucid is the best thing in the world.

Wow! Some beautiful pictures! I wish you had the Zenith Red though, then it would look exactly like mine and I could have some fun showing where I've been! 😁 I've had mine since 3/21/23 however no long trips yet. I do plan on about a 500 miler soon though.
I saw a red Air yesterday at Westfield valley fair parking lot. Man, it looks stunning. I'm definitely not a red car guy, but the Zenith red is something else.

Back