6.2 miles/kwh! But...

Canyonero!

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid, Rivian, Genesis GV
My trip odometer is showing 6.2 mi/kwh efficiency, but there seems to be a slight problem. Can you see it?

It seems the last reset only reset the kWh used, but not the mileage, as both trip odos were reset at the same time.

2023-07-19 17.03.54.jpg

It also seems to be stuck at 6.2. Should be 10.5 based on these numbers.

2023-07-28 08.35.36.jpg

6.2 is the max it'll show.

That glitch happens occasionally when you reset a Trip. For some reason, it'll show that everything zeroes out, but then later it forgets it wiped out the miles and only actually reset the battery usage. I've never bothered to email CS, but it's probably worth letting them know in case they don't know already.

6.2 is the max it'll show.

That glitch happens occasionally when you reset a Trip. For some reason, it'll show that everything zeroes out, but then later it forgets it wiped out the miles and only actually reset the battery usage. I've never bothered to email CS, but it's probably worth letting them know in case they don't know already.
This glitch seems to solve itself after a bit.

Just noticed I have a similar issue.

Trip A is from when I bought the car; Trip B is total mileage on the car. I had wondered if something got confused when the battery was replaced?

IMG_7740.jpeg

You are getting 3.6m/kwh for the last 2400 miles? I’m Jelly! I was so happy mine ticked up to 3.3 over the last 10,000 yesterday. Trip A is still 3.1 for 22K

The metric system is set max at scientific 9.99 kilometer. Metric system 9.99 km = 6.2 miles.
The programmers did not expect the ratio can go to double digits of metric system for efficiency ratio.

Recently I charged in Frisco, CO, and then drove up to Leadville then back to Broomfield and got 4.5 mi/kWh with full HVAC, so at least 80 miles. Unfortunately, I could not gauge the elevation change because our nav system does not have elevation values, like most GPSs I have had in prior cars. Regen on the descent could have accounted for that but it did seem anomalous, given my 3.3 average since Oct over various terrain and nearly 12000 miles.

Recently I charged in Frisco, CO, and then drove up to Leadville then back to Broomfield and got 4.5 mi/kWh with full HVAC, so at least 80 miles. Unfortunately, I could not gauge the elevation change because our nav system does not have elevation values, like most GPSs I have had in prior cars. Regen on the descent could have accounted for that but it did seem anomalous, given my 3.3 average since Oct over various terrain and nearly 12000 miles.

You can plot in both locations on AARP app, it will tell you elevation change and expected consumption.

Wish I could go 174 miles on 2kW. Happened right after charging and did a reset.

Attachments

• IMG_0343.jpeg
    IMG_0343.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
This is going to be a little long.

So, a strange happened on my last roundtrip drive from home to work. Driving to work the other evening, I was naturally, running very late. I’d charged up to pretty close to full at 97% before setting off. During my drive, with OATs in the low 60s, I kept my speed as high as prudently possible, between 80 mph to 85 mph. So it was no surprise that I chewed through my battery like a manic PACMAN icon (did I just date msyelf?), and ended my drive 139 miles later with 55% battery remaining, and the efficiency dropping from 3.3 to 3.0 miles per kWh. I used 42% of my battery charge, and did the trip in 1 hour and 52 minutes. I think that’s a personal record.

Last night, I drove home. It was a perhaps a little cooler, with OATs in the low 50s. At first I set the cruise control at 70 mph, having already decided that it would be better for me to take a little longer to get home than spend several minutes pulling off the freeway to re-charge. I was anticipating that my efficiency would start improving. About 30 miles into my 139 mile drive home, I checked my efficiency. It was still at 3.0 miles per kWh.

I dropped my speed down to 65 mph and moved over to one of the right lanes. I kept driving. About 80 miles later, I checked my efficiency again. 3.0 miles per kWh. It hadn’t budged!

Now good and mad, and irritated with myself for having plodded along for so long, I dialed my cruise control back up to 80 mph, and kept it there for the remaining drive home, about 29 miles.

I checked my efficiency one last time. 3.0 miles per kWh. It had never moved. I arrived back home in 2 hours and 17 minutes, taking waaay too long for having driven so late at night, and with 11% battery charge remaining. Total roundtrip of 278 miles, using up 86% of my battery.

So after all that, my question is this. Do the displays get “stuck”? Does whatever it is that does the calculating fall asleep on the job, and not bother updating efficiency? Does it take the software a long time to update, so as to display real time efficiency? Is there a reason why my displayed efficiency never changed no matter what speed I drove?

Air GT with 19 inch rims. Tyre pressures were 48/49 PSI, warm.

This is going to be a little long.

So, a strange happened on my last roundtrip drive from home to work. Driving to work the other evening, I was naturally, running very late. I’d charged up to pretty close to full at 97% before setting off. During my drive, with OATs in the low 60s, I kept my speed as high as prudently possible, between 80 mph to 85 mph. So it was no surprise that I chewed through my battery like a manic PACMAN icon (did I just date msyelf?), and ended my drive 139 miles later with 55% battery remaining, and the efficiency dropping from 3.3 to 3.0 miles per kWh. I used 42% of my battery charge, and did the trip in 1 hour and 52 minutes. I think that’s a personal record.

Last night, I drove home. It was a perhaps a little cooler, with OATs in the low 50s. At first I set the cruise control at 70 mph, having already decided that it would be better for me to take a little longer to get home than spend several minutes pulling off the freeway to re-charge. I was anticipating that my efficiency would start improving. About 30 miles into my 139 mile drive home, I checked my efficiency. It was still at 3.0 miles per kWh.

I dropped my speed down to 65 mph and moved over to one of the right lanes. I kept driving. About 80 miles later, I checked my efficiency again. 3.0 miles per kWh. It hadn’t budged!

Now good and mad, and irritated with myself for having plodded along for so long, I dialed my cruise control back up to 80 mph, and kept it there for the remaining drive home, about 29 miles.

I checked my efficiency one last time. 3.0 miles per kWh. It had never moved. I arrived back home in 2 hours and 17 minutes, taking waaay too long for having driven so late at night, and with 11% battery charge remaining. Total roundtrip of 278 miles, using up 86% of my battery.

So after all that, my question is this. Do the displays get “stuck”? Does whatever it is that does the calculating fall asleep on the job, and not bother updating efficiency? Does it take the software a long time to update, so as to display real time efficiency? Is there a reason why my displayed efficiency never changed no matter what speed I drove?

Air GT with 19 inch rims. Tyre pressures were 48/49 PSI, warm.
Weird. Reset?

Weird. Reset?

The car did reset to “0”, but only after it had finished charging. I didn’t reset any of the trip metres prior to starting my drive home:

Attachments

• IMG_2665.jpeg
    IMG_2665.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
Were you using the since last charge or did you reset the trip reading for each leg of your trip?

The former. I should have taken a picture when I got home. The Since Last Charge field reset itself to “0” after charging at home.

Back