6.2 miles/kwh! But...

So the since last charge has all of the energy used during your high-speed run to the airport, whatever phantom drain you had while parked and the return trip home. Before you would notice any change in efficiency on the way home you would need to compensate for the phantom drain plus have enough miles at better efficiency to impact the average miles per kWhr. I am not surprised by your results.

So the since last charge has all of the energy used during your high-speed run to the airport, whatever phantom drain you had while parked and the return trip home. Before you would notice any change in efficiency on the way home you would need to compensate for the phantom drain plus have enough miles at better efficiency to impact the average miles per kWhr. I am not surprised by your results.

Exactly.

Since the car only sat for twenty-seven hours, phantom drain didn’t register. I started my return trip home at the same percentage I ended the day before, 55%.

It sounds like you’re saying I would have needed to start my drive home at an even lower speed, driving no faster than say, 50 mph, and staying there for almost all of the 139 mile drive home, for that 3.0 MPkWH to have budged. Ouch.

Back