3B Raise/Offering

One thing many forget is that Lucid does not need to just depend on USA/Europe for sales. Even China doesn't affect them but it affects Tesla. Lucid has the whole rich Middle East EV market to itself. They just demonstrated the Lucid Air at the Geneva Motor show held in Qatar. All the Saudi built Lucid cars will sell. US interest rates is not an issue there. US is not the only market for Lucid vehicles. This was a very well thought out move by Lucid!

Thats is why I just bought more shares today. Never never selling for a decade!!

One thing many forget is that Lucid does not need to just depend on USA/Europe for sales. Even China doesn't affect them but it affects Tesla. Lucid has the whole rich Middle East EV market to itself. They just demonstrated the Lucid Air at the Geneva Motor show held in Qatar. All the Saudi built Lucid cars will sell. US interest rates is not an issue there. US is not the only market for Lucid vehicles. This was a very well thought out move by Lucid!

Thats is why I just bought more shares today. Never never selling for a decade!!
One thing many forget is that the stock market is unpredictable and basically gambling, if you’re day trading. People spend so much time and money convincing themselves they can predict and time the market, and some do get lucky.

But the people who make a lot from the stock market pick a few winners and hold them long. The safer bet is index funds of course, though now, fixed income is attractive as interest rates are so high.

Otherwise, play it as a game, but don’t convince yourself you have the magical formula. As soon as you do, you are in for trouble as things change out from under you, or when the next GME or war or pandemic happens.

Know when to walk away from the table, or accept that you’re letting it ride. I’m letting it ride, while I ride the car. :)

(I know you can come up with useful algorithms and use data to make informed decisions; I’m not an idiot. But >99% of people fool themselves into thinking they know something others don’t, because they watched Mad Money and “got a tip.” Don’t be that guy, lol)

Well... I didn't expect this to happen until later this year.

The timing seems bizarre to me.

Good to see the PIF is still a partner though.
Assuming the cash component of the infusion was done at a fair value then all is good (the stock offering will be done at market).
One of the things I know we ALL love is the wow factor that goes with owning one of these rare vehicles. However, I worry about that exclusivity in terms of its impact on company long term success.
With mathematically infinite ROI, word-of-mouth and owner testimonials is some of the best marketing possible. However, the price point of even the Pure still locks out fairly well-heeled buyers. And I’m not sure who the Sapphire is really targeting. I know of only two reservations in the DC Metro Area. So the highest end isn’t going to do it and the low-end - where sales volume generates base absorption- is exhibiting slower than expected uptake, I’m hearing that the company is banking on Gravity. We all have read, however, that the SUV EV market has softened considerably.
I care about two things: service convenience and vehicle sustainment (including continued investment in updates); and (2) compatible electric charging infrastructure. The latter will likely be supported by ramped production of lower end NON Tesla vehicles. However, it would be nice to pull into a WaWa and charge at a Tesla Supercharger!

Assuming the cash component of the infusion was done at a fair value then all is good (the stock offering will be done at market).
One of the things I know we ALL love is the wow factor that goes with owning one of these rare vehicles. However, I worry about that exclusivity in terms of its impact on company long term success.
With mathematically infinite ROI, word-of-mouth and owner testimonials is some of the best marketing possible. However, the price point of even the Pure still locks out fairly well-heeled buyers. And I’m not sure who the Sapphire is really targeting. I know of only two reservations in the DC Metro Area. So the highest end isn’t going to do it and the low-end - where sales volume generates base absorption- is exhibiting slower than expected uptake, I’m hearing that the company is banking on Gravity. We all have read, however, that the SUV EV market has softened considerably.
I care about two things: service convenience and vehicle sustainment (including continued investment in updates); and (2) compatible electric charging infrastructure. The latter will likely be supported by ramped production of lower end NON Tesla vehicles. However, it would be nice to pull into a WaWa and charge at a Tesla Supercharger!
I feel its just the present high interest rate economy reducing demand for EV's in general. EV sales will still grow more than ICE sales. EV are superior no matter what the antiEV brigade says- except for one thing- charging infrastructure. This will gradually improve. Actually, had a present surprise on the weekend when I charged at an EA station while grocery shopping. Worked like a charm.

This is a once in a century change in transportation and energy. Horse carriages to gas cars, and now electric! Thats why new car companies like Rivian and Lucid have an opportunity to succeed and take away from the old traditional car manufacturers. Also why risk of failing is much lower due to evened playing field. Gone are the advantages that old car companies had with their expertise in building ICE cars cheaply.

As Ford/GM etc reduce EV spending ( you can also thank the Unions for that) , its an opportunity for Tesla/Rivian/Lucid to gain more traction.

Desriability for EV has never gone down. Once interest rates go down, as charging improves, sales will improve again. ICE will coexist but their market share will diminish greatly. Whats not to like when you save $1500 a year not using gas!

I'm bullish very longterm.

As Ford/GM etc reduce EV spending ( you can also thank the Unions for that) , its an opportunity for Tesla/Rivian/Lucid to gain more traction.
.. I'm just going to chime in here and flat out say "thank unions for that". There were other reasons listed in the public announcement that we could have procrastinated on -- given the union situation didn't happen -- as we had a plan in place.

Personally, I'm happy for the unions and we could reach an agreement that benefited workers -- but man did it sacrifice things.

Back