$1.5 billion raised mostly from Saudi PIF

Well! Look what happened today at close. Exactly the same as the closing price yesterday. I bought just 300 shares. As I said this kind of news and after market 6% swing has no real meaning. Real long term investors have seen the impact of dilution movies before. Remember the old saying Bulls and Bears can win but the Greedy Pigs get slaughtered trading.
....On volume of 42MM shares (almost 2X average). I guess I conclude that risk/fear of new financing and dilution aren't what's been driving the stock down for the last 3 weeks. Maybe the market "thinks" $12B is what this company is worth at this moment....which is hard to argue with.

Lucid doesn't seem to play the press release game, so we might have to wait for Feb earnings call for anything to move the market either way.

just added some shares to our portfolio. It "hurts" to buy low, because you just never know where the bottom is and if it will go up again.
But, it is the first step in the very successful "Buy Low/Sell High" stock strategy.

....On volume of 42MM shares (almost 2X average). I guess I conclude that risk/fear of new financing and dilution aren't what's been driving the stock down for the last 3 weeks. Maybe the market "thinks" $12B is what this company is worth at this moment....which is hard to argue with.

Lucid doesn't seem to play the press release game, so we might have to wait for Feb earnings call for anything to move the market either way.
Correct. It is all going to be about production numbers in Q4. The investors at this point think that the guidance has no meaning given the past history of guidance. Basically guilty till proven otherwise. Announcement of a new vehicle is also not going to make a difference but announcement of licensing technology to make say a Tesla Model 2/3 killer will move the stock.

Maybe Jim Cramer is right "too dangerous...stay away"...
That’s music to my ears.

And in retrospect…
BCE9D772-F02B-408F-987C-E0C5B4B35237.jpeg

Cramer did made good call to take quick profit last year this time. The thing about current environment is mainly direction of Fed rate and segment market leader Tesla’s price movement. Those two are main force of driving the market. Inflation not under control, Elon keep spend his time on Twitter are all detrimental to entire EV market.

Well! Look what happened today at close. Exactly the same as the closing price yesterday. I bought just 300 shares. As I said this kind of news and after market 6% swing has no real meaning. Real long term investors have seen the impact of dilution movies before. Remember the old saying Bulls and Bears can win but the Greedy Pigs get slaughtered trading.
Agreed. I have been steadily adding to my LCID position and averaging down. I am no rush to turn a profit. There is a bankruptcy risk, but my view is that is small -- the PIF is not going to pull the plug prior to profitability is my belief. Honestly, in part, I bought an Air GT to understand the company better with first hand experience for investing. Sounds backwards I know. But I have had a wonderful ownership experience with my Air GT now 6 months and 11,800 miles in. Has not been back to the Scottsdale delivery center once since I took delivery in early May. The new software updates make the car feel MUCH more finished than when I drove it home in May. Instant on interior screens. SiriusXM working well for beta, highway assist and no more unlocking delays when I walk up to the car with my fob and/or iPhone.

Honestly, if the Lucid Air had been a lousy (or even a just OK car) I would have sold it and liquidated my LCID position. But I have done the opposite. Love my Lucid Air GT and have been steadily adding to my LCID position.

Agreed. I have been steadily adding to my LCID position and averaging down. I am no rush to turn a profit. There is a bankruptcy risk, but my view is that is small -- the PIF is not going to pull the plug prior to profitability is my belief. Honestly, in part, I bought an Air GT to understand the company better with first hand experience for investing. Sounds backwards I know. But I have had a wonderful ownership experience with my Air GT now 6 months and 11,800 miles in. Has not been back to the Scottsdale delivery center once since I took delivery in early May. The new software updates make the car feel MUCH more finished than when I drove it home in May. Instant on interior screens. SiriusXM working well for beta, highway assist and no more unlocking delays when I walk up to the car with my fob and/or iPhone.

Honestly, if the Lucid Air had been a lousy (or even a just OK car) I would have sold it and liquidated my LCID position. But I have done the opposite. Love my Lucid Air GT and have been steadily adding to my LCID position.
I wholehearted agree with you. The market environment is touch, Lucid need to execute more product to boost revenue. They have good product so far, hopefully Gravity and Sapphire can build up more prestige once in production.

You can no longer make money flipping an Air.

Interest rates are up and the economy is looking shaky.

The order book shrank ~8%. There is still 6 quarters worth of reservations.

That is a nothing burger.

Correct. It is all going to be about production numbers in Q4. The investors at this point think that the guidance has no meaning given the past history of guidance. Basically guilty till proven otherwise. Announcement of a new vehicle is also not going to make a difference but announcement of licensing technology to make say a Tesla Model 2/3 killer will move the stock.
Agree re. the past guidance, altho last time around (Nov) they SHOULD have given a number they were 100% sure they can make, and pretty damn sure they can beat

Back