FEATURE 2024 Wishlist Survey

What a great wish list. Hadn't even thought about some of these suggestions but many are brilliant! I look forward to seeing the community concensus for both surveys.

This wish list is well done...thanks
Mentioned elsewhere, but for next wishlist add some type of dash indicator or verification when brake lights go on.
My suggestion would be speed indicator turns red whenever brake lights go on

This wish list is well done...thanks
Mentioned elsewhere, but for next wishlist add some type of dash indicator or verification when brake lights go on.
My suggestion would be speed indicator turns red whenever brake lights go on
I think there should be a visualization of the car on the screen, when the car brakes, the virtual brake lights turn on. It could also be used to show other things, like how tesla does, but more accurately!

I think there should be a visualization of the car on the screen, when the car brakes, the virtual brake lights turn on. It could also be used to show other things, like how tesla does, but more accurately!
Yes, because anything that makes you focus on the little screen in front of you instead of, say, the road is always a good idea.

We do not need video games in our cars.

Yes, because anything that makes you focus on the little screen in front of you instead of, say, the road is always a good idea.
And that brings me to another thing I wish was in the wishlist, a HUD

And that brings me to another thing I wish was in the wishlist, a HUD

The vortex begins - a wishlist of wishes to have included in the wishlist survey!

Jokes aside, would be awesome to see even just a few of the listed items implemented in future updates. I am totally new to having a vehicle that can receive “over the air” improvements so the bar is obviously lower for me.

Right, this is true and seems to be a common theme. Where one small update precedes another bigger update. But why prioritize things like optimizing the rear seat warmers...over soooo many more significant updates that this car is more than capable of? It really puzzles me as to why they're not putting more important things on the desk of their software developers.
Everyone will say I’m wrong, but I suspect the past 6-12 months have had their small development team split prioritizing the new UX3.0 in the Gravity. And making sure they have something ready for the press reveal. Hopefully since that’s past, they’ll put priority back on Air. I do really wish they would’ve kept the same design and UX on the new model. At the end of the day, because shareholders, a public company has to prioritize selling future vehicles over the wishes of existing owners.

Netflix and Youtube are handy when you're on your fourth charging stop of the day (thank you XC40EV), but less so with the Air.
I suppose they're useful if there's a line though.

... I do really wish they would’ve kept the same design and UX on the new model...
The car really needs to be able to have media on one screen with navigation on another, and to have a choice of nav apps. Also to be able to close the garage door while backing out. If this means UX3.0 then I'm all for it.

The car really needs to be able to have media on one screen with navigation on another, and to have a choice of nav apps. Also to be able to close the garage door while backing out. If this means UX3.0 then I'm all for it.
Yea 100% agree, and I would have no problem if they kept the hardware the same and it was just a pending future software update. But they’ve already said the Air display doesn’t have all the real estate or power to run the exact same thing. So they have to port features back to the Air and redesign them for the smaller screens and slower processor which is costly.

Yea 100% agree, and I would have no problem if they kept the hardware the same and it was just a pending future software update. But they’ve already said the Air display doesn’t have all the real estate or power to run the exact same thing. So they have to port features back to the Air and redesign them for the smaller screens and slower processor which is costly.
If the designers of 3.0 did their job correctly (I've been told they did) all 3.0 features were designed with "how are we going to do this on the current Air?" in mind. That doesn't mean all features will make it to Air. But it does mean that for any feature that's feasible (i.e. won't take too much processor power) they already have a plan to convert it to the Air's screen real estate and hardware buttons. At least in some form. Maybe it'll be slightly compromised, or something. But it has a path forward in our cars.

That means while building 3.0 for Gravity, the "Air" version will likely be built at the same time, or at least the feature will be architected in such a way as to make the leap to Air's hardware easier.

They didn't just do 3.0 without thinking about the current Air, in other words. I was told they very much want as much of 3.0 to make it to Air as can be done, within practical limits.

Likely all this will all be after Gravity ships, however. Which means at some point after Gravity, Air will get an update to the 3.0 stack. How much after has yet to be seen.

The current stack with the current UX will be retired. No sense in maintaining two completely different stacks for very long.

Given that the current stack is slated for retirement, I doubt they want to spend a lot of time on small items in our stack that will be radically different on 3.0, anyway. Might as well pack all that into 3.0 and write it once.

I suspect items like bug fixes and maybe HA updates, which are less UX centric, will be the bulk of what we get in terms of updates until late this year when Gravity ships. Or fixes and features that can't be changed given our hardware, such as improvements to fob detection, etc.

a tiny HA or AC to appear somewhere where I can see it .

Likely all this will all be after Gravity ships, however. Which means at some point after Gravity, Air will get an update to the 3.0 stack. How much after has yet to be seen.
Man…that’s a long ways away…we have to deal with minute long profile switching and no access to backup camera when reversing until then? 😭

Man…that’s a long ways away…we have to deal with minute long profile switching and no access to backup camera when reversing until then? 😭
The HomeLinik interface definitely needs to be improved, but the camera is easily accessible with a few extra taps. I do it every single day.

Like messages telling you to pay attention, which you catch with your peripheral vision so your eyes go from watching the road to reading a message telling you to watch the road?

Like messages telling you to pay attention, which you catch with your peripheral vision so your eyes go from watching the road to reading a message telling you to watch the road?
Exactly. I’m told this is why Lucid has been reluctant to have too many alerts (such as a low regen when charged to 100%, just as one example). I think it’s up for debate which alerts are totally worth it and which ones are unnecessarily distracting. But they do struggle with deciding these things.

Exactly. I’m told this is why Lucid has been reluctant to have too many alerts (such as a low regen when charged to 100%, just as one example). I think it’s up for debate which alerts are totally worth it and which ones are unnecessarily distracting. But they do struggle with deciding these things.
I mean, for that example specifically, I would say there still needs to be some alert for it. People not experienced with EVs may very well crash due to the natural characteristics of the battery. There must be a way to make it subtle, although that probably takes a lot of time as you have to integrate it well AND figure out how to make it subtle.

Back