2024 Grand Touring changes and release

Noticed the range was lowered on the 24 models or at least the GT with 19’s. I thought I had read the 2024 GT range would be going up some?
The EPA has updated its testing procedures. Range has not actually been reduced, the test is just slightly more realistic now. Makes it harder to compare, so I’m not sure we know what the actual difference from 2023 is.

The EPA has updated its testing procedures. Range has not actually been reduced, the test is just slightly more realistic now. Makes it harder to compare, so I’m not sure we know what the actual difference from 2023 is.
Yes - I heard that. I thought I read range was going up for the GT in 2024 though?

We discussed this before, the extended leather is more like decreased leather! Alcantara should in theory be cheaper than the lower quality leather used in the touring for the accents, but what do I know…
Synthetic does not always mean cheap.

Weird that the “extended” leather interior is more than the leather option on the touring… but to answer your questions, we do not know any of those yet. Lucid stays notoriously quiet on these types of specific details, and we will have to ask Lucid support or wait for somebody to get the car!
Who do you mean when you state support since sales, customer support, and service don't seem to ever know the changes made in the new model year? It's like a big secret.

We discussed this before, the extended leather is more like decreased leather! Alcantara should in theory be cheaper than the lower quality leather used in the touring for the accents, but what do I know…
Yep I’m in agreement. But it’s Porsche theory. Charge more for less lol

Who do you mean when you state support since sales, customer support, and service don't seem to ever know the changes made in the new model year? It's like a big secret.
True, on the 6 percent chance they work, it’s better to ask!

Yes - I heard that. I thought I read range was going up for the GT in 2024 though?
I rather have a 500 mile range car with a more efficient battery than a 519 mile range with a 30-40% loss of efficiency during cold weather.

Instead of cows, they have to harvest and tan baby Cantara hides, which are much more rare.... ;-)

I rather have a 500 mile range car with a more efficient battery than a 519 mile range with a 30-40% loss of efficiency during cold weather.
Totally agree, but I thought Lucid was improving the range over 2023’s. Who knows, they release such few details on changes.

Totally agree, but I thought Lucid was improving the range over 2023’s. Who knows, they release such few details on changes.
I think all they said is that the GT was getting some improvements from the GT-P powertrain. I don’t think anyone knows exactly what that is

Does 2023 also charge to 200 miles in 12 mins on Grand Tourings? Never noticed they got more miles per minute on an optimal fast charger compared to other vehicles.

Does 2023 also charge to 200 miles in 12 mins on Grand Tourings? Never noticed they got more miles per minute on an optimal fast charger compared to other vehicles.
As far as I know, the charging performance is the same for 2022, 2023 and 2024 GTs.

yes no change there. Touring was always 15 minutes and GT was 12 minutes.

It's also 200 EPA RATED miles. Since Lucid overstates their range more optimistically that most car manufacturers, it's really not as impressive as it sounds. It's probably closer to like ~150 miles of actual range

yes no change there. Touring was always 15 minutes and GT was 12 minutes.

It's also 200 EPA RATED miles. Since Lucid overstates their range more optimistically that most car manufacturers, it's really not as impressive as it sounds. It's probably closer to like ~150 miles of actual range
Yeah totally understand on that with EPA. But compared to other vehicles even including Taycan/e-tron GT/Hyundai/Kia/Genesis E-GMP vehicles, it is still impressive and overperforms their numbers so thats good.

Theres literally no extended leather to our knowledge, the difference is that you get alcantara on the dash/doors while the touring gets a non-nappa leather on those same areas.

Okay. So pretty much what we were getting before, pre-2024. I did see the Touring’s interior, at a Lucid Christmas event a few years ago. I noted the areas not covered in alcantara. Then as now, I don’t think Touring buyers are going to feel deprived.

Yeah totally understand on that with EPA. But compared to other vehicles even including Taycan/e-tron GT/Hyundai/Kia/Genesis E-GMP vehicles, it is still impressive and overperforms their numbers so thats good.
Still impressive, but i think taycan is faster

Numbers i've found based on EPA. If you add 25% to Taycan and subtract 25% from the Air, Taycan would be the fastest. But top 3 is still great! Lucid is quite a bit cheaper and larger than the Taycan too. Says a lot about it's utility👍

Back