2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

Amazing work Lucid team!

Now I REALLY wish I had DDP… definitely checking that box when I lease my next Air 😆

Can anyone comment on the improved mobile app responsiveness? Can't WAIT to get this update!!!!
YES! It's definitely noticeable on Android. I'll try my iPhone later.

Great list of updates! Looking forward to removing my clipped on garage door opener. Also awesome to see DDPro features come to life. Lane change assist was my ADAS limit for what I was comfortable trusting my Tesla to do. These releases + hands free (or HA hands on w/no torque) and AA and I think I'm good to go.
The lane change assist is the best I’ve ever used. It switches lanes the same way I would, and aborts when I would. I was really impressed.

to those with the update, how is the new Lucid assistant? Alexa was terrible in my experience. hope this is better.
It’s a “beta” in terms of release-readiness. The things that work work very well. The things that don’t work will improve quickly over time. The main thing is there are a lot of things it simply isn’t hooked up to do yet, as it can’t control every aspect of the car yet - but it’ll get there.

It’s a lot better than Alexa. The voice could use changing, but that’s an easy later feature.

Interesting notes: the assistant is augmented with RAG, so it knows everything about the car, from the manual, etc. That means that even if it can’t do something for you, it can usually tell you *how* to do it, and which buttons to push. No more “shit how do I make the wipers low,” since now you can just “hey Lucid, how do I make the wipers low?” And it will walk you through it.

But it may not get sports scores yet or turn on the rear passenger seat heat specifically, you know? Those are things that will just take time to add.

This is a fantastic update! The only thing they missed was allowing a change of the car's color on the pilot panel to match your vehicle. Your car's color now displays in the 3 lanes of highway assist.

Second, I was hoping they'd change the default ringtone back to that it was originally. This new ringtone doesn't do it for me.
You all are obsessed with your colors lmao. What ringtone?

Can anyone comment on the improved mobile app responsiveness? Can't WAIT to get this update!!!!
It’s improved, and more responsive. Qualitatively, that’s all I’ve got haha

The lane change assist is the best I’ve ever used. It switches lanes the same way I would, and aborts when I would. I was really impressed.

It’s a “beta” in terms of release-readiness. The things that work work very well. The things that don’t work will improve quickly over time. The main thing is there are a lot of things it simply isn’t hooked up to do yet, as it can’t control every aspect of the car yet - but it’ll get there.

It’s a lot better than Alexa. The voice could use changing, but that’s an easy later feature.

Interesting notes: the assistant is augmented with RAG, so it knows everything about the car, from the manual, etc. That means that even if it can’t do something for you, it can usually tell you *how* to do it, and which buttons to push. No more “shit how do I make the wipers low,” since now you can just “hey Lucid, how do I make the wipers low?” And it will walk you through it.

But it may not get sports scores yet or turn on the rear passenger seat heat specifically, you know? Those are things that will just take time to add.

The ringtone in the car at least my car. It's this high pitched ringing tone! The old ringtone sounded more futuristic. And YES! I'm a visual person. Like why does my car display the correct color on my iPhone app/widget but not on my Android app/widget? I need things to look "right" smarty pants!! 😂 😂

Will the new assistant provide specific data from the car that's not currently displayed (i.e. interior or battery temperatures) or is it more just for simple commands for now?

wait. does that mean we will all drive as poorly as you do? :)

The ringtone in the car at least my car. It's this high pitched ringing tone! The old ringtone sounded more futuristic. And YES! I'm a visual person. Like why does my car display the correct color on my iPhone app/widget but not on my Android app/widget? I need things to look "right" smarty pants!! 😂 😂
My issue is the word “ringtone”; I just don’t know what you’re referring to. Do you mean when someone calls your phone on Bluetooth? Or CarPlay?

Will the new assistant provide specific data from the car that's not currently displayed (i.e. interior or battery temperatures) or is it more just for simple commands for now?
I don’t specifically know what it does and doesn’t know yet. Long term, I imagine the goal is for it to know “all of the things” and be able to report them back to you. Today it doesn’t do that quite yet.

But, I cannot reiterate how much better it is than Alexa. It doesn’t have all the features Alexa does yet, and it doesn’t integrate with your smart home yet, but the features that *are* there work way better.

And the fact that they can actually control the assistant from zero to one is a huge win, since they no longer have to rely on “I hope Amazon decided to fund Alexa this quarter”

My issue is the word “ringtone”; I just don’t know what you’re referring to. Do you mean when someone calls your phone on Bluetooth? Or CarPlay?

Yeah, that's what I meant. I just called my phone and the original tone is back. WTH! 😂😂

I just came back from the Houston area owner's event and THIS very update got discussed...its so cool to hear about this this morning and actually see it roll out the same day!! This one is a meaty update

Lucid Assistant is great. Understands me way better than Alexa and I had a lengthy conversation with LA about the greatest soccer players of all time and how my son was wrong it was Ronaldo =)

I understand all of the frustrations with Alexa, but I personally used it to listen to Amazon Music. Will I still have access to Amazon Music?

I just came back from the Houston area owner's event and THIS very update got discussed...its so cool to hear about this this morning and actually see it roll out the same day!! This one is a meaty update

Your description of this update as “meaty” made my day. Thank you .

I understand all of the frustrations with Alexa, but I personally used it to listen to Amazon Music. Will I still have access to Amazon Music?
The update looks great, and this was exactly the same question / concern I have. I hope Alexa is still available for those that want it. I use it to play Amazon Music and Audacy stations.

This is huge update! Well done Lucid!
Can't wait!
I particularly look forward to the additional Highway Assist functions on my commutes.

Sounds pretty robust. I'm excited.

Back