I took my second road trip since the 2.0.52 update improved estimated range and all I can say is WOW what a improvement. I posted yesterday about my flat highway drive at around 63 mph for 120miles which I arrived with a few miles more than the estimated which was a big improvement.

Today I drove 280 miles with 100 miles at 63 mph highway speed and 180 miles at 83 mph interstate speed, temperature was 79 degrees, roads are mostly flat, I used highway assist the entire time except in towns and construction zones and in the city upon arrival. I have a touring with 20 inch wheels with Michelin summer tires.

When I departed with 100% charge the nav suggested a 3 minute stop for charging in Royce City for charging which is about 40 miles from my destination in Dallas.

The navigation predicted a 45 mile range remaining at the charging stop:

IMG_1143.jpeg

and it predicted I would arrive with a 15% SOC and charge for 3 minutes for a 25% SOC.

IMG_1144.jpeg

And here is my SOC and miles remaining upon arrival at the EA charger at Royse City Tx:

IMG_1150.jpeg

I arrived with exactly 45 miles remaining and 15% SOC! I was very impressed!

I plugged into the 350 EA charger and the Nav predicted I would charge to 25% SOC from 15% in 3 minutes and here are the results :

IMG_1154.jpeg

The navigation nailed it EXACTLY on charging AND remaining charger. I was beyond impressed and it went a long long way to making the road trip comfortable. I was able to relax and not worry about the unpredictable SOC as it was 100% accurate. I'm very very impressed.

Battery was pre-conditioned for 20 minutes exactly for charging and started out at 230kw and fell to around 120kw at 51% SOC. I continued charging beyond the recommended because I needed a bathroom break and picked up a couple of things from Walmart. Total time from 15% SOC to 51 % was 14 minutes. The car even authenticated on the first try without needed to validate in the Lucid App!

The only BUG I encountered was concerning a stopover. I had added a stopover at the 100 mile mark at Starbucks and even though the nav confirmed that the stopover was completed and was indicating the next stop at the Royce City Texas EA charger, it did NOT update the miles remaining at stop. I had to cancel the nav and choose my final destination again for it to corrected display the SOC at the next stop.

All in all I am beyond impressed and pleased with the update for predicted range. Total win. It was also the fastest I have ever charged at EA but of course my SOC was 15% so thats logical.

I took my second road trip since the 2.0.52 update improved estimated range and all I can say is WOW what a improvement. I posted yesterday about my flat highway drive at around 63 mph for 120miles which I arrived with a few miles more than the estimated which was a big improvement.

Today I drove 280 miles with 100 miles at 63 mph highway speed and 180 miles at 83 mph interstate speed, temperature was 79 degrees, roads are mostly flat, I used highway assist the entire time except in towns and construction zones and in the city upon arrival. I have a touring with 20 inch wheels with Michelin summer tires.

When I departed with 100% charge the nav suggested a 3 minute stop for charging in Royce City for charging which is about 40 miles from my destination in Dallas.

View attachment 9981

and it predicted I would arrive with a 15% SOC and charge for 3 minutes for a 25% SOC.

View attachment 9979

And here is my SOC and miles remaining upon arrival at the EA charger at Royse City Tx:

View attachment 9982

I plugged into the 350 EA charger and the Nav predicted I would charge to 25% SOC from 15% in 3 minutes and here are the results :

View attachment 9983

The navigation nailed it EXACTLY on charging AND remaining charger. I was beyond impressed and it went a long long way to making the road trip comfortable. I was able to relax and not worry about the unpredictable SOC as it was 100% accurate. I'm very very impressed.

Battery was pre-conditioned for 20 minutes exactly for charging and started out at 230kw and fell to around 120kw at 51% SOC. I continued charging beyond the recommended because I needed a bathroom break and picked up a couple of things from Walmart. Total time from 15% SOC to 51 % was 14 minutes. The car even authenticated on the first try without needed to validate in the Lucid App!

The only BUG I encountered was concerning a stopover. I had added a stopover at the 100 mile mark at Starbucks and even though the nav confirmed that the stopover was completed and was indicating the next stop at the Royce City Texas EA charger, it did NOT update the miles remaining at stop. I had to cancel the nav and choose my final destination again for it to corrected display the SOC at the next stop.

All in all I am beyond impressed and pleased with the update for predicted range. Total win. It was also the fastest I have ever charged at EA but of course my SOC was 15% so thats logical.
This is the content I am here for. Incredible write up, @MorganB !! Puts my mind at ease knowing more and more folks are reporting solid estimates on longer trips. I have had near perfect accuracy on my short trips of 20 miles or less. Again, thank you and great post!

When I left on a 2 hour drive yesterday my initial range estimate said that I would arrive with 115 miles of charge left. When I arrived I had 120, with fairly spirited driving! This is one of the best enhancements to date.

Why am I not getting this update
Your car will receive the OTA update. It is just a matter of time. My AT received 2.0.52 notification yesterday after I have taken delivery of my car for a little over a week.

Your car will receive the OTA update. It is just a matter of time. My AT received 2.0.52 notification yesterday after I have taken delivery of my car for a little over a week.
I’m still at 2.0.50

And I have my AGT for almost 6 months

I’m still at 2.0.50

And I have my AGT for almost 6 months
2.0.52 only dropped 4 days ago and 2.0.55 only dropped yesterday.

This is the content I am here for. Incredible write up, @MorganB !! Puts my mind at ease knowing more and more folks are reporting solid estimates on longer trips. I have had near perfect accuracy on my short trips of 20 miles or less. Again, thank you and great post!
I’m still oversea and anxious to try this new OTA 2.0.52. I gotta say your post gives me a lot of hope. I have been relying on ABRP for accuracy in the past until I drove Rivian from California to Texas. Seeinh Rivian nailed on those estimator on each EA stop has disheartened me for Lucid inability to do the same on its range estimator. But you just renew my hope. I can’t wait to get home!

View attachment 9981

View attachment 9979

View attachment 9982

View attachment 9983

Thanks for the excellent review!

You're welcome TakeDuo! It just so happened I was out of town when the update dropped and had road-trips coming. In fact I had promised myself I would only update the car when I was home with the car in the garage but when I saw the range estimate improvement I broke my rule and updated anyway.
I’m still oversea and anxious to try this new OTA 2.0.52. I gotta say your post gives me a lot of hope. I have been relying on ABRP for accuracy in the past until I drove Rivian from California to Texas. Seeinh Rivian nailed on those estimator on each EA stop has disheartened me for Lucid inability to do the same on its range estimator. But you just renew my hope. I can’t wait to get home!
I hope your trip has been a great one Tesla2.0. If my experience is consistent with others I think you will be very happy indeed with the update. I had actually never driven all the way to the Royce City charger on 30 on my return to Dallas as I was a bit nervous about range but once I realized the miles on arrival really wasn't budging. I did get a "low battery, find a charger soon" warning message about 5 miles from the charger. First time I've seen that! I also checked to make sure the charger was up and running with consistently open charging slots by looking at the EA app and also referred to plugshare check-ins. When I pulled up the chargers were empty and when I came out of Wal-Mart an F-150 was charging next to me and a Kia Niro pulled up as I was leaving.
Thanks for the excellent review!
You're welcome bdham! Glad you found it helpful.

I’ll talk to service center first before leaving. Customer care was pretty risk averse to any and all ideas.
Tried nuclear reset with technician on phone. No luck. Will be taking car into Riviera Beach tomorrow. Technician wasn't worried about driving it since 2.0.52 had no changes to actual driving.

Tried nuclear reset with technician on phone. No luck. Will be taking car into Riviera Beach tomorrow. Technician wasn't worried about driving it since 2.0.52 had no changes to actual driving.
Hmm, did they try to repush the update? Maybe it got corrupted on install/download

View attachment 9981

View attachment 9979

View attachment 9982

View attachment 9983

Were your drives relatively flat? Prior to .52, I drove to Palm Springs from Las Vegas. 102-mile "reserve" dropped to 80, then 60, then 40 before climbing back up to 45 miles. There are 3 undulations along the route - 2K in Vegas, 4K at Mt. Pass, 2K at Cima, 4K at Halloran Summit, 2K at Baker, 4K at Cajon before dropping back down toward the San Bernardino Valley. My next drive along that route will be in June. Hopefully someone who has driven a hilly route will chime in and give us a report card.

I have only taken short drives post-update (no more than 20-30 miles) but it has included hills (combo of inclines and declines) and broad speed ranges and like MorganB I'm seeing infinitely better prediction post-.52 than before.

This was one of my biggest frustrations (for longer trips) before, so I'm grateful for this update!

Were your drives relatively flat? Prior to .52, I drove to Palm Springs from Las Vegas. 102-mile "reserve" dropped to 80, then 60, then 40 before climbing back up to 45 miles. There are 3 undulations along the route - 2K in Vegas, 4K at Mt. Pass, 2K at Cima, 4K at Halloran Summit, 2K at Baker, 4K at Cajon before dropping back down toward the San Bernardino Valley. My next drive along that route will be in June. Hopefully someone who has driven a hilly route will chime in and give us a report card.
Yes my drives were mostly flat. Prior to .52 the navigation would over estimate range by 30% if not more so it was a big improvement.

Yes my drives were mostly flat. Prior to .52 the navigation would over estimate range by 30% if not more so it was a big improvement.
Thanks for the quick reply. My next trip towards SB won't be until June. I'll do a follow-up post to see if my range anxiety has decreased.

The car even authenticated on the first try without needed to validate in the Lucid App!
This is great to hear as well. I'm hoping this will be the case for me on my next EA recharge.

Great writeup and photos!

Hmm, did they try to repush the update? Maybe it got corrupted on install/download
They did not. Everything else worked great. Taking it in tomorrow am. At least I made it back and forth to my dad’s today to take him to doctor. I played around a bit with range since I was on I95 in Florida for 60 miles. Not surprisingly, found little difference between 74 mph and 77 mph. 81 mph was a noticable drop in range.

At service center, the technician performed a different hard reset and car bounced back to life. They are installing .55 and then I’m done. From arrival to Riviera Beach to done in less than 30 minutes. Thanks to Muhammad for the quick turnaround. They believe .52 corrupted one of the modules and they reset that.

I noticed something last night after I installed 2.0.52. It felt like my driver's side front and passenger door handles were more responsive and required slightly less up "force" on the handles for me to open the doors. Was this part of the 2.0.52 update or am I just imagining this? I've only had the car a week so I honestly cannot tell.

Back