• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I noticed something last night after I installed 2.0.52. It felt like my driver's side front and passenger door handles were more responsive and required slightly less up "force" on the handles for me to open the doors. Was this part of the 2.0.52 update or am I just imagining this? I've only had the car a week so I honestly cannot tell.

I just noticed that same thing last night (I'm on 55 now). Thought it was just my imagination...

I just noticed that same thing last night (I'm on 55 now). Thought it was just my imagination...
Okay, so we're not crazy then! 😂 😂

Estimated range is the one I can’t wait to see more detail on. Living in the Northeast, I’m sure hoping they adjust range figures for winter driving. No updates presented in app yet. Going out to the car to see if I can see the ability to upgrade there. This may change me plans for the day!
It worked really well for me recently. On a 90 mile trip it was spot on on predicted range at arrival. Granted, it was 60 degrees out in MA and RI.

It worked really well for me recently. On a 90 mile trip it was spot on on predicted range at arrival. Granted, it was 60 degrees out in MA and RI.
That’s good news. I’m looking forward to seeing how it does in the summer. I’m sure it will be much improved. Just read an article on MotorTrend and they really ripped Lucid on its winter range estinates

Since the update was installed, I've been struggling with the USB.
It's a hit or miss. Frequently, the car would be just loading and nothing happens.
Tonight, I tried an USB with only WAV files and it worked flawlessly, as opposed to previous attempts when I had FLAC, mp3, and WAV all mixed together on the same USB.
I don't know if this is a fluke event or if Lucid actually requires only one type of audio files on the USB stick.
Would be interested in hearing other folk's experience.

It's a hit or miss. Frequently, the car would be just loading and nothing happens.
Tonight, I tried an USB with only WAV files and it worked flawlessly, as opposed to previous attempts when I had FLAC, mp3, and WAV all mixed together on the same USB.
I don't know if this is a fluke event or if Lucid actually requires only one type of audio files on the USB stick.
I've been using various different file types with no issue. The only limiting factor, as far as I can tell, is the total file size of the entire stick's library. There's a point where it's just too much data on the stick to read into the live memory. And then it starts acting strangely. Not sure where the file size limit is.

I've been using various different file types with no issue. The only limiting factor, as far as I can tell, is the total file size of the entire stick's library. There's a point where it's just too much data on the stick to read into the live memory. And then it starts acting strangely. Not sure where the file size limit is.
Thanks for the info, joec.
I only had maybe 20 albums on the Sandisk 32 GB stick.
Was hoping that I'd stumbled onto the answer and wouldn't need to trouble Lucid CS.

I copied about 3 G of m4a songs onto a Scan Disk usb. It played all the albums. I noticed that sometimes it would stop playing music randomly. I had to restart an album. This happened multiple times during a 4 hour drive. If you select one song, it plays that song and stops. Need Shuffle play

I copied about 3 G of m4a songs onto a Scan Disk usb. It played all the albums. I noticed that sometimes it would stop playing music randomly. I had to restart an album. This happened multiple times during a 4 hour drive. If you select one song, it plays that song and stops. Need Shuffle play
My experience is that if you selected only one song in Spotify, it stops after playing that song, but sometimes it goes to the next album/song. This is just using Spotify.

When I ask Alexa to find a song on Spotify, it has been telling me to upgrade Spotify but there is no place to do so on the Car or in the Lucid app on the iPhone. My Spotify is on the latest update on the iPhone. Any idea of the cause and a solution?

I took my second road trip since the 2.0.52 update improved estimated range and all I can say is WOW what a improvement. I posted yesterday about my flat highway drive at around 63 mph for 120miles which I arrived with a few miles more than the estimated which was a big improvement.

Today I drove 280 miles with 100 miles at 63 mph highway speed and 180 miles at 83 mph interstate speed, temperature was 79 degrees, roads are mostly flat, I used highway assist the entire time except in towns and construction zones and in the city upon arrival. I have a touring with 20 inch wheels with Michelin summer tires.

When I departed with 100% charge the nav suggested a 3 minute stop for charging in Royce City for charging which is about 40 miles from my destination in Dallas.

The navigation predicted a 45 mile range remaining at the charging stop:

View attachment 9981

and it predicted I would arrive with a 15% SOC and charge for 3 minutes for a 25% SOC.

View attachment 9979

And here is my SOC and miles remaining upon arrival at the EA charger at Royse City Tx:

View attachment 9982

I arrived with exactly 45 miles remaining and 15% SOC! I was very impressed!

I plugged into the 350 EA charger and the Nav predicted I would charge to 25% SOC from 15% in 3 minutes and here are the results :

View attachment 9983

The navigation nailed it EXACTLY on charging AND remaining charger. I was beyond impressed and it went a long long way to making the road trip comfortable. I was able to relax and not worry about the unpredictable SOC as it was 100% accurate. I'm very very impressed.

Battery was pre-conditioned for 20 minutes exactly for charging and started out at 230kw and fell to around 120kw at 51% SOC. I continued charging beyond the recommended because I needed a bathroom break and picked up a couple of things from Walmart. Total time from 15% SOC to 51 % was 14 minutes. The car even authenticated on the first try without needed to validate in the Lucid App!

The only BUG I encountered was concerning a stopover. I had added a stopover at the 100 mile mark at Starbucks and even though the nav confirmed that the stopover was completed and was indicating the next stop at the Royce City Texas EA charger, it did NOT update the miles remaining at stop. I had to cancel the nav and choose my final destination again for it to corrected display the SOC at the next stop.

All in all I am beyond impressed and pleased with the update for predicted range. Total win. It was also the fastest I have ever charged at EA but of course my SOC was 15% so thats logical.
I was really encouraged by your experience with range predictions, but I just took a 200 mi trip on flat interstates, 70-75 MPH, and my estimated range at end in the left pilot panel seemed way off. I stopped to charge with 65 miles to go, and charged to 80% SOC. The range prediction for the last 65 mile leg of the trip was for 346 miles at end and SOC of 63%. I had been getting 3.9 mi/KW on the trip. I have an AGT, so I calculate that 63% SOC at end = 70.56KW remaining (112 x .63). In order to arrive with 346 miles of range, I'd have to average 4.9 mi/KW (346 / 70.56). I think that estimate of 346 miles at end was way off. Using my average mileage on the previous part of the trip (3.9 mi/KW) and SOC at end of 63% (70.56KW), I think a better estimate of ending mileage would have been 275 miles (70.56 x 3.9). Am I missing something?

I was really encouraged by your experience with range predictions, but I just took a 200 mi trip on flat interstates, 70-75 MPH, and my estimated range at end in the left pilot panel seemed way off. I stopped to charge with 65 miles to go, and charged to 80% SOC. The range prediction for the last 65 mile leg of the trip was for 346 miles at end and SOC of 63%. I had been getting 3.9 mi/KW on the trip. I have an AGT, so I calculate that 63% SOC at end = 70.56KW remaining (112 x .63). In order to arrive with 346 miles of range, I'd have to average 4.9 mi/KW (346 / 70.56). I think that estimate of 346 miles at end was way off. Using my average mileage on the previous part of the trip (3.9 mi/KW) and SOC at end of 63% (70.56KW), I think a better estimate of ending mileage would have been 275 miles (70.56 x 3.9). Am I missing something?
Did you have Nav engaged or are you just looking at the range on the main panel. The range is only accurate within the navigation software. The range on the main screen behind the steering wheel is EPA range. Always much higher than in real life.

Did you have Nav engaged or are you just looking at the range on the main panel. The range is only accurate within the navigation software. The range on the main screen behind the steering wheel is EPA range. Always much higher than in real life.
I did have nav engaged (newly refreshed after charging up), and the 63% SOC was the nav system prediction at end of the trip.

I did have nav engaged (newly refreshed after charging up), and the 63% SOC was the nav system prediction at end of the trip.
Did you complete the trip? I do see what you are saying on the math. However if you look at the 17% of the battery consumed to travel 65 miles it's saying you would have averaged 3.42m/kw for those 65 miles. Something isnt adding up.

Did you complete the trip? I do see what you are saying on the math. However if you look at the 17% of the battery consumed to travel 65 miles it's saying you would have averaged 3.42m/kw for those 65 miles. Something isnt adding up.
I did complete the trip and the ending SOC was 63%, just as predicted. The 346 mile range estimate on the left panel did not change during this last leg. Using 3.42 mi/KW the estimated range at trip end should have been 241 miles. This is why I'm confused; my estimated end range of 346 miles just seems totally wrong.

I did complete the trip and the ending SOC was 63%, just as predicted. The 346 mile range estimate on the left panel did not change during this last leg. Using 3.42 mi/KW the estimated range at trip end should have been 241 miles. This is why I'm confused; my estimated end range of 346 miles just seems totally wrong.
Could be a bug or software glitch that caused the range estimate to freeze. Sort of like what I experienced with my Starbucks stopover.

Could be a bug or software glitch that caused the range estimate to freeze. Sort of like what I experienced with my Starbucks stopover.
thanks for the review. I've got another long trip end of this week and I'll give this another go.

The way remaining range is calculated in this car is problematic in my opinion. This is one of my biggest gripes with the interface. With the current state of infrastructure it is vitally important that this number have a certain degree of accuracy. Basing it on the EPA cycle is completely ridiculous. The very fact that most owners, including myself, switch the display to percent remaining and do the calculations in our heads is just plain silly.

Dear Lucid: if you’re going to say miles remaining, base it on recent driving style, not EPA. Now, we can argue over the definition of recent driving style… Should it include the last 5 miles? 10 miles? 20 miles? Should it include headwinds, elevation changes, temperature? Well, we need to start somewhere. My suggestion is the base it on the last 10 miles of driving. Have a function to be able to reset it to EPA. This is what my other EV (I Pace) does and it is extremely accurate.

This has been a bone of contention since the very beginning. It would be extremely easy to implement, since the car is already calculating efficiency in the trip odometers. The formula is easy: Miles remaining = Last 10 miles efficiency X battery size X percent remaining.

@mcr16 would it be possible to forward this post, which represents hundreds detailing this problem, to the software team? This is one of the biggest, and simplest, requests. Thanks.

"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
There needs to also be a futures in the prediction, which is... well... unknowable...

Even if you have a route in the navigation system (where is it going, when does solar heating end, etc),
and a weather report (current and predicted air temperature, wind strength and direction, etc),
and know how the driver will be driving (time for a nap and a new driver is taking over),
and the upcoming traffic (an upcoming traffic slow down/stop, which will affect, well, everything from moving rate to the non-moving rate to keep environmentals going)...
it is still likely to get it wrong.

Despite all that... well, call it what it is: realism, factoring in additional (known) information would help a lot... the car can (if it doesn't already) know
what the long term average consumption of THIS instance of car is (when moving, have to factor out the non-driving consumption).
It also (could) know the going rate on "this trip" (no, not the "trip odometer", but rather a measure like "since we started driving, ignoring any time in park that is shorter than 2 hours long").

All of these numbers should also be externalized...
heck, my 1997 VW could do much of them, and as I recall my 1985 VW did so too... and they both externalized them,
surely our "modern" big computer on wheels can do this.

Dear Lucid: if you’re going to say miles remaining, base it on recent driving style, not EPA. Now, we can argue over the definition of recent driving style…

I suppose we could argue over that but ICE cars have been doing that calculation for, like, decades, right? Every one I've ever had that showed estimated miles until empty used the current consumption rate to calculate that.

Lucid is playing political games with this and hurting the driving experience.

Back