Who still plays music from USB? Seriously? What a waste of resources. Apple Music Spacial Audio support would have much better. Tidal app in the car is pathetic
I do! Lots of CDs ripped to my computer that I play using USB drives.

I can play about one song before the stick starts another lengthy reload. I'm going to try to put fewer albums on a new stick, per advice on this thread, to see what happens.
I think you need a stick with a faster read/write speed.

I think you need a stick with a faster read/write speed.

The stick was 3.0. I just loaded a new stick with 18.1 gb of music. Once it loaded (which took about two minutes) it played everything without stalling. Unfortunately, it seems the stick has to reload every time you start the car.

However, the new stick was about 1/4" longer than the old stick, and it was a real struggle plugging it in. It's a very poor placement, and you really need to use one of the tiny thumb sticks, especially if you want to use multiple sticks to keep a large music collection at hand. (I only put about 50 of our 1,288 albums on this stick.)

However, the album art comes up very cleanly on the Pilot Screen, and it's easy to scroll and make selections (at least when parked). I tried Alexa to see if it would locate music on the disc, but no luck. So making a selection while driving is going to be a major distraction -- it means opening the media tab, pulling it down to the Pilot Screen, then scrolling through the menu to find what you want. That's a lot of eyes-off-the-road time. I'll only use the USB stick when I can't get a cell signal with enough bandwidth for music streaming -- which is a good portion of our local driving.

But the lossless files deliver great (non-Atmos) sound, and we'll be spared the long dead spells we've been sitting through.

i thought it would but you can always use one of the ones on the rear if not right?
According to the software notes, it will work only with the front ones. Has anyone tried the rear ones?
SanDisk makes a very nice USB 3.1 flash drive called Ultra Fit. Nice and small. https://a.co/d/63zbO5j

The stick was 3.0. I just loaded a new stick with 18.1 gb of music. Once it loaded (which took about two minutes) it played everything without stalling. Unfortunately, it seems the stick has to reload every time you start the car.

However, the new stick was about 1/4" longer than the old stick, and it was a real struggle plugging it in. It's a very poor placement, and you really need to use one of the tiny thumb sticks, especially if you want to use multiple sticks to keep a large music collection at hand. (I only put about 50 of our 1,288 albums on this stick.)

However, the album art comes up very cleanly on the Pilot Screen, and it's easy to scroll and make selections (at least when parked). I tried Alexa to see if it would locate music on the disc, but no luck. So making a selection while driving is going to be a major distraction -- it means opening the media tab, pulling it down to the Pilot Screen, then scrolling through the menu to find what you want. That's a lot of eyes-off-the-road time. I'll only use the USB stick when I can't get a cell signal with enough bandwidth for music streaming -- which is a good portion of our local driving.

But the lossless files deliver great (non-Atmos) sound, and we'll be spared the long dead spells we've been sitting through.
I have family picture album stick, maybe one day Lucid makes screen saver app have family pictures loads from stick. That would be awesome!

SanDisk makes a very nice USB 3.1 flash drive called Ultra Fit. Nice and small. https://a.co/d/63zbO5j

After having trouble plugging in my other SanDisk sticks, I ordered some Ultra Fits last night from Amazon. I'm surprised Lucid used a vertical mounting connector with so little clearance under the console lid. Many USB sticks will not fit or be very difficult to plug in or take out.

After having trouble plugging in my other SanDisk sticks, I ordered some Ultra Fits last night from Amazon. I'm surprised Lucid used a vertical mounting connector with so little clearance under the console lid. Many USB sticks will not fit or be very difficult to plug in or take out.
Is there an USB extension cord out there to remedy this situation?

I've got a 3.1 USB drive arriving today. The drive I loaded with 18.1 gb of music last night functioned fine in the car without the constant reloading I was getting on another stick with over 200 gb of data.

I'd like to get as much of my music on a single stick as I can before triggering the constant reloading. Does anyone know how much data the car's temporary file can handle without constantly reloading?

Has anyone had a successful scheduled charge yet? Mine was scheduled for 10pm last night but no joy. I’m leaving it plugged in til 10am to see if the schedule is just off by 12 hours…..

Has anyone had a successful scheduled charge yet? Mine was scheduled for 10pm last night but no joy. I’m leaving it plugged in til 10am to see if the schedule is just off by 12 hours…..
Several owners (including myself) have reported the same as you.....the UX2.0.52 Scheduled Charging does not work. I have not seen anyone reporting a successful scheduled charge yet.

Here si another thread you can follow:

The usb stick displays well and the music is much cleaner than compressing through blue tooth. Nearly everything is cataloged except a couple of cds I loaded on this stick that an old girlfriend burned for me. Great jazzy dancy stuff that I have no idea who the artist or song is. No more dropping songs in bad zones. Thanks Lucid, better late than never!
AC9241B4-5E96-4822-A69A-65419F9CE9AD.jpeg

I got the .52 update this morning but cannot play music from a USB stick. I reformatted the stick to FAT32 and then copied a single MP3 file onto it. It plays on my computer but not in my car. Anyone else having issues? Not a big deal to me but just thought I’d ask.
It plays m4a files just fine. It does take a long time to load the first time. I was fortunate that I had converted most of my iTunes library to m4a some time ago, so i literally just dragged my entire music folder over to a 128gb USB stick, plugged it into the Lucid and it works great once it loads, although I wish it had shuffle mode (I’m using this adapter cuz the Lucid USB access is so cramped, and I also used this adapter to copy to the USB because MacBooks don’t have USB A ports anymore). https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-...xzmL559gcDEqiroLjMkaAnNfEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

My first Major update with my Lucid after 6 weeks of ownership. Here's what I discovered. When I first drove the car, cruise control doesn't work. Neither does the app that displays the nearby charge stations. I thought the worst. After 15 minutes, cruise control worked; after 20 minutes, EA charge stations appear. I think update means download. The actual software update doesn't occur until the car is on. Just my 1 observation.

My first Major update with my Lucid after 6 weeks of ownership. Here's what I discovered. When I first drove the car, cruise control doesn't work. Neither does the app that displays the nearby charge stations. I thought the worst. After 15 minutes, cruise control worked; after 20 minutes, EA charge stations appear. I think update means download. The actual software update doesn't occur until the car is on. Just my 1 observation.
Having been through quite a few updates over the last year of ownership, that has not been my experience. The major 2.0 update completely charged my car instantly after the update completed. The car downloaded the data ahead of time and the “update” process is the change over to what was downloaded.

When you say cruise control, do you mean Highway Assist? It is unavailable in some areas and will not work (namely off of major highways). Silly question but were you around any EA stations that would have been visible on the map the first 20 mins? The car will search near you first and if not close, will not display EA.

Having been through quite a few updates over the last year of ownership, that has not been my experience. The major 2.0 update completely charged my car instantly after the update completed. The car downloaded the data ahead of time and the “update” process is the change over to what was downloaded.

When you say cruise control, do you mean Highway Assist? It is unavailable in some areas and will not work (namely off of major highways). Silly question but were you around any EA stations that would have been visible on the map the first 20 mins? The car will search near you first and if not close, will not display EA.
No, just the adaptive cruise. I kept tapping the button on the bottom left of my steering wheel and nothing happened. It always worked at that location in the past. Also, the closest charge station is less than 3 miles from my house but did not appear at all; later on, on my way home, it did. Curiously, ChargePoint, EVGo and others appeared but distances did not change! I suspect they were relics from the last update or initial software load. Everything functions normally now.

Hmm.. I still can't seem to get the Mobile Key to work with passive entry to the car.. I walked downstairs to my garage with my phone with Bluetooth on and with my regular fobs in a faraday bag.. car didn't wake up or present handles 🤔 only until I got to the car and touched the door handle, then wait ~10 seconds, did the car wake up and have the handles present themselves. Maybe I'll continue sticking to the good ol' key fob for now..

Hmm.. I still can't seem to get the Mobile Key to work with passive entry to the car.. I walked downstairs to my garage with my phone with Bluetooth on and with my regular fobs in a faraday bag.. car didn't wake up or present handles 🤔 only until I got to the car and touched the door handle, then wait ~10 seconds, did the car wake up and have the handles present themselves. Maybe I'll continue sticking to the good ol' key fob for now..
Try removing the mobile key and setting it back up again. I had to do this a while back and noticed improvements. The mobile key has been working pretty well for me post 2.0.

Back