So I thought I was in the clear with the update but ever since I've been having problems with my digital key. Usually if the car was asleep it would open after a couple of pushes with the handle. Now I have to open the app and wait the "30 seconds" for the car to wake up to get in. Also my tidal search bar is sometimes simply not there.
The tidal search will come back with Bobby's reset.

Tesla poses an interesting case study of going too far in moving away from conventional controls in cars. In particular, it's a good case for discussion because Tesla software, while not perfect, is probably the most advanced and most reliable in the auto industry right now (with the exception of FSD) in doing what it is intended to do.

We owned a 2015 Model S and now own a Model S Plaid. Comparing the two cars, the new car is more difficult to operate in many regards and less safe in some. We've now had the newer Tesla for a year and a half, so what I'm about to say is not about " just getting used" to its differences.

Activating turn signals is more difficult with haptic buttons than with a stalk. Adjusting air vents is more difficult using a screen menu than manually manipulating a control on the vent. Selecting a drive gear with a screen slider instead of a stalk is balkier (and the auto selection feature is seriously flawed). A yoke provides fewer options for placing and resting hands than a steering wheel and makes complicated or emergency maneuvers more difficult. Accessing a horn via a small, inconspicuous button is more difficult and less safe than a prominent pad in the center of a steering device.

I am not a person who finds adapting to new ways difficult. When we got our first Tesla, I fell in love with regenerative braking in the first 15 minutes and find driving anything without it annoying. I found navigation routes displayed on satellite maps far superior to earlier graphic displays. I relished using voice activated controls when they came along (and when they worked). I find proximity-sensing key fobs the cat's meow when they work (and pieces of s--- when they don't). After years of reveling in the exhaust notes of Mercedes AMGs and Audi R8 V8s and V10s and listening to revs rise and fall, I found the soft, eerie whine of electric drivetrains a whole new kind of intoxicating.

But now, largely led by Tesla, things are just reaching the point of absurdity. I laud Lucid for striving to pull us back from the brink with its adept mix of conventional and screen-based controls and its far better understanding of -- and concern for -- motoring ergonomics.

That said, it's now time for Lucid to start getting its software right. For over a year now, when taking new passengers for a ride in our Air, I've had to apologize for or explain away something hinky going on with the software: screens frozen or blacked out, bass dropping out, white noise blasts, camera displays malfunctioning, headlights not coming on, doors not opening, A/C quitting. On a few occasions, I've even had to have everyone get out for a reset before we could continue our drive.

I have desperately wanted to be an ambassador for the brand. The way the car drives, handles, rides, and cossets makes it easy. The software makes it damned near impossible.

So I thought I was in the clear with the update but ever since I've been having problems with my digital key. Usually if the car was asleep it would open after a couple of pushes with the handle. Now I have to open the app and wait the "30 seconds" for the car to wake up to get in. Also my tidal search bar is sometimes simply not there.
Try deleting your mobile key and re-adding. This has solved earlier issues with it.

I think I remember reading somewhere on this forum that the hardware modules you'd expect to be exactly the same across all cars, are actually not. Perhaps this is how they dealt with the pandemic supply chain issues, by taking whatever "equivalent" parts they were able to source. So every software update has to work with the myriad combinations of chips and associated firmwares that exist across different examples of otherwise identical cars.

Hence these weird problems inconsistent across cars, that may arise from novel interactions between the modules. They might not even possess a testbed that can reproduce all combinations of modules that they've shipped, because there are so many such permutations. If they've been able to stabilize on a particular permutation which can then be better tested, I wonder if those with later cars have fewer of these gremlins.

Finally got the notification that .48 was available for my car. Downloaded and installed it this morning. It was my first OTA update since getting my Lucid. At first, I thought it bricked my car because my app showed 0% progress on the installation screen for what felt like forever. In reality it may have been 7-10 minutes. Then finally the bar started moving across and it finished fairly quickly. I took @borski 's advice and performed a reset after installation was complete. Did both the turn signal and valet card resets which was probably overkill but it was also to simply practice them for future use (hopefully not needed). So far cameras and everything have been working and responsive. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

I think I remember reading somewhere on this forum that the hardware modules you'd expect to be exactly the same across all cars, are actually not. Perhaps this is how they dealt with the pandemic supply chain issues, by taking whatever "equivalent" parts they were able to source. So every software update has to work with the myriad combinations of chips and associated firmwares that exist across different examples of otherwise identical cars.

Hence these weird problems inconsistent across cars, that may arise from novel interactions between the modules. They might not even possess a testbed that can reproduce all combinations of modules that they've shipped, because there are so many such permutations. If they've been able to stabilize on a particular permutation which can then be better tested, I wonder if those with later cars have fewer of these gremlins.
I certainly feel like I have fewer gremlins than many who report here. And my car was manufactured sometime in early November.

So every software u they've been able to stabilize on a particular permutation which can then be better tested, I wonder if those with later cars have fewer of these gremlins.
You must be a mind reader, lol.
I'm thinking the same way. And because of that, I'm planning to sell my car and purchase another exact copy at the end of the year.
Just hoping I will not shoot myself in a foot as there is nothing wrong with my current car (sans erratic software, few misaligned panels and frunk working 50% at a time).

I certainly feel like I have fewer gremlins than many who report here. And my car was manufactured sometime in early November.
Mine was also November 2022. Not sure if it was early or late, but minimal issues so far except for one occasion where my audio went out. I do perform periodic resets just like I would with my computer or cell phone in order to let the system reboot and get rid of any potential bugs.

Mine was also November 2022. Not sure if it was early or late, but minimal issues so far except for one occasion where my audio went out. I do perform periodic resets just like I would with my computer or cell phone in order to let the system reboot and get rid of any potential bugs.
I also have an 11/22 build and so far everything has worked perfectly. Just loaded 2.0.48 and front and back cameras were blank, did a Bobby reset and I’m back to 100%. I know some people are distressed by little bugs like this, I see it as absolutely no problem.

I also have an 11/22 build and so far everything has worked perfectly. Just loaded 2.0.48 and front and back cameras were blank, did a Bobby reset and I’m back to 100%. I know some people are distressed by little bugs like this, I see it as absolutely no problem.
It’s no problem if it comes back on after a reset. It’s a problem if it doesn’t.

You must be a mind reader, lol.
I'm thinking the same way. And because of that, I'm planning to sell my car and purchase another exact copy at the end of the year.
Just hoping I will not shoot myself in a foot as there is nothing wrong with my current car (sans erratic software, few misaligned panels and frunk working 50% at a time).
I wouldn’t. You’re losing money because you’ll be paying more for a new car especially if you got your car pre price rise.

If newer hardware is indeed fixing bugs I’d be asking Lucid what the path is to get the hardware upgraded vs getting a new car entirely. For me, I think I’m just going to ride it out until the Gravity is released.

Perhaps they’ll put this release on hold seeing as there are camera issues
I certainly do not dispute the camera problems you were having, but my cameras work perfectly before and after the update to .48. Just FYI

Tried the reset and that did not resolve the issue. 360 view is no longer showing up. I will call customer support later this evening. I had no issues with .47
Around 2.0.35, I experienced 360 view not working, after a reset, it still didn't fix it. But a day later and multiple drives later, some reset in the middle of that period fixed it, and has never had an issue since.

So maybe just wait to see if it clears up within a day or so, but yeah report it to CS as well

Do you have Apple or Android?

On Android, I've noticed that unless you have 'location' settings set to 'see location at all times', which I don't because it's a battery drain.
You have to at least have the app open and then when you walk close to the car when your bluetooth connects, it'll open up the handles (before even the car wakes up fully)

So that worked for me and has been working perfectly since, I leave the FOB at home now

SiriusXM stopped working for me after the update. Bobby reset didn’t help.

Just stuck on No internet signal…attempting to connect. Same issue on the road and at home. The annoying thing is that I just came back from the service center and I forgot to ask them to troubleshoot.

Just stuck on No internet signal…attempting to connect. Same issue on the road and at home. The annoying thing is that I just came back from the service center and I forgot to ask them to troubleshoot.
Same here. SiriusXM just stopped working. Can't even log out. Tried all of the resets and changing profiles.

Just got off the phone with CS and was told that they are planning to turn off SiriusXM beta in readiness for production, hence why it is no longer working. I questioned if this was applicable to everyone or a gradual turn off. He could not answer that question. It would be interesting to know if anyone else is experiencing the same connectivity issue with SiriusXM radio all of a sudden after the latest software update.

After this update, neither the pilot or cockpit panels cameras work, at all. Pretty bad update for me since it “fixed” a problem I wasn’t having and caused a new one.
Did you reset after updating?

SiriusXM was suppose to be one of the improvements.

Back