I had problem with nav system being stuck at home location. I called CS and they pushed .36 update to me. It solved the nav problem, but the car still shows .35. I'm confident that the car is really at .36

I had problem with nav system being stuck at home location. I called CS and they pushed .36 update to me. It solved the nav problem, but the car still shows .35. I'm confident that the car is really at .36
CS can confirm whether you are on .35 or .36

Where are you located?

I had a bit of a service delay but things seem to be progressing now.

I think some regions are a bit understaffed and overwhelmed, especially in areas with extended travel distances.

Hang in there. I hope things improve for you. The car is worth the hassles , IMHO.
I am in CT.

mailto:[email protected]

Yea we need this com link. The service tech wanted a description of the incident and started taking notes as I tried to remember (had to consult with the wife to check facts). I know memory changes each time you "remember" so I wanted to get it all down while fresh so I made several posts here on the day of. I tried calling but couldn't get anyone and I really don't think it's the best way, at least for me (a former researcher who logs everything in a notebook). No way I was going to type out my report on a stupid phone (I hate phones). He was interested in the time it happened so the software engineers know where in the logs to look.

What I should have done is typed out my recollection of events immediately, and noted all the things that happened before (first time I drove in the rain after ppf/ceramic) that I think might have something to do with it (missed every update since late Sept., dead video module recently replaced, etc.).

In fact, now I regret not starting a journal on Lucid from the moment I bought in. You never know what's important and you can never trust your memory.
Yes. Great Idea. I will maintain a journal when I get my car. Perhaps in a Google Sheets with a combination of data and notes.

I called CS and they confirmed I was in the latest version even though car still shows .35
They don't know. I was told the same.

Service guy was here today tracking down the catastrophic failure I had last week. I saw the " 0.36 " update and since it was only 2 min. I initiated it, came back and ... light is still next to gear ??? Still says 2.0.35 and "your vehicle is up to date". I did it again and light went out, but says "your vehicle is up to date" 2.0.35 . Then about 4 miles from home car slammed on brakes and dash went red: brake system failure. reset. drive system failure came up 2 miles later. reset. again. reset. again. This all in parking lot: 4 red screens and warnings, 4 resets. Final reset got me 6 miles home.

Today Andy read the codes and spent a hour on the phone to ?. He drove the car and then hooked up again to read data. Sent everything to the engineers. He did find a ground wire screw not tight on one of the 12v batteries, and noticed a voltage spike on one of the logs. The working theory is the weak ground caused a faulty update when 2.0.35 to 2.0.36. Even after tightening the ground screw it took two attempts to update to 2.0.36.
He had to have them push it each time. Sent all data to engineers.

They are watching this. I now have a logbook for the car like aircraft have a log book. We think our memories are better than they are.

That is incredibly frustrating! I agree that there might be a real case for external mechanical unlocking/opening. I had a one-time weird issue where the driver door wouldn't open even though it was unlocked. Thankfully passenger door opened, and I was able to open the driver door with the handle. It hasn't stuck since, but it made me nervous about it happening to all the doors at the same time. (Locking and unlocking didn't help with the driver side door either).
This has happened to my vehicle multiple times. This appears to be a sensor issue. The car thinks the door is open with the door handle extended, but it is locked and closed with the handle extended and unresponsive to commands from the app. The solution is to unlock the vehicle and enter from another door, using the inside mechanical opener to open the door. The car then resets. The attached photo shows the driver's door handle open and the rear passenger door handle locked and closed.

Attachments

• PXL_20230115_171028156.jpg
    PXL_20230115_171028156.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 63
This has happened to my vehicle multiple times. This appears to be a sensor issue. The car thinks the door is open with the door handle extended, but it is locked and closed with the handle extended and unresponsive to commands from the app. The solution is to unlock the vehicle and enter from another door, using the inside mechanical opener to open the door. The car then resets. The attached photo shows the driver's door handle open and the rear passenger door handle locked and closed.
Had the same issue happen in late November (2.0.25) .. See Post here

That said, I only experienced this once and it hasn't happened to me since.

Back