1.2.6 OTA Out

I was able to pause the video and read, it was good enough quality for me.

If time permits I'll type it out when I go home
I did the same. It's mostly about navigation. Opening the trunk with the fob is there. Something about French language support. Reading traffic signs for current speed limit. Looks like you can now tap on points of interest on the map to bring up details. Multi-stop routing (which is nice, given it took Tesla several years for that one.) Oh, and something about Tidal sound quality. I'm guessing it will be more consistent about playing the proper Dolby Atmos files from the app. (I remember someone saying that it depended on how you selected a song which file quality you would get before?)

The classic "other" bug fixes. Nothing about speed improvements or reliability, though. I imagine they'd want to trumpet that if they had made any major impact on boot up times, etc.

“Lucid updated Navigation to include exit number and destination in both turn-by-turn guidance and direction lists.”

I have brought this up in the forum for frustration of vague exit information not there letting me missed turn. Obviously someone is reading this forum and listened to improve it. 🙏

But seriously, there is work staff shortage globally. I just checked how much Information Technology staff they are seeking, it turned out they have whopping 1412 positions open. They are really trying to get their software going, it just takes time. Be patient guys. This is best hardware, software will get there in time. Now they are more concerned about QA in teething production ramp.

AEEFE9FA-3356-4F2F-95DF-67B73410FB16.jpeg

Does anyone have an actual list of improvements? All I see is a scrolling video and I can’t see very much.

New Languages

You can now set French (Canada) or Spanish (Mexico) as your system language. These new lanague settings apply to both your displays and Navigation

Key Fob

You can now open your trunk with your key fob.
To open the trunk, short press the key fob once, then long press again. If you are within range, the trunk will open. You can also close the trunk using the same short-then long-press combination.

Traffic Sign Recognition

We’ve enhanced your vehicle’s ability ot identify traffic signs, including those in Canada. Your vehicle notifices you when it recognizes certain traffic signs, keeping you informed of speed limit changes and other important road information.

Navigation

In this update, we’ve made sweeping improvements to our Navigation app, released highly anticipated enhancements and improvements for a smoother Navigation experience.

Offline Navigation Mode

We care about your privacy, which is why we’ve Introduced Offline Mode. In Offline Mode, you can use GPS to navigate while your vehicle is otherwise not connected to any cellular or Wi-Fi networks.
To enter Offline moe, go to Navigation settings -> Offline Mode and turn the toggle On.

Offline maps are required to navigate in Offline Mode. To download maps you need, to go Navigation Settings > Offline Maps > Download Maps, then select the maps you want to download. The regions of the maps you have already downloaded will appear under Downloaded Maps. We’ve also added the ability to pause and resume specific map downloads, giving you more control over how many maps you are downloading at once.

More Interactive Map

We’ve also added features to make the map more interactive. You can now tap a point of interest or stop along your route to view information about it, and where available, pictures and ratings from TripAdvisor. If you search a particular area for a type of destination, you can now pan in or out and search again in the new map area by tapping Search This Area. If you are unable to find a specific point of interest or destination, you can now tap any location on the map and the app will route you to it.

Improved Range Estimates & Routes

We’ve improved how we calculate estaimted range to rimpveo routes between charging stations. We’ve also added battery charge details to more places in the UI, so they are easier to find, and Navigation will propose up to 3 optimized routes so you can choose the best one for you.

To help you find EA charging stations more easily, Nav will now default to searching just for EA charging stations. You can disable this setting to add all charging stations to your search results.

Nav will now remember a route in progress if you take a break. When you turn your vehicle back on, the active route will automatically appear on your displays. Nav will also remember your recent searches so you no longer have to re-type a destination you just searched for.

Finally, all routes will now display traffic information, so you can plan accordingly.

Other Navigation Updates

We’ve updated Nav to include the exit number and destination in both turn-y-turn guidance and the directions list.
Nav now features lane guidance on the right side of the Glass Cockpit, so you can anticipate which lane to be in before making a turn.
If you’ve changed your map view during your route, it will no longer return ot the default view until you tap Recent or switch Map Modes
We’ve added the option to sort and filter charging stations according to your preferences. You can now filter by distance, power output, plug type, and more.
We’ve added the ability to manually remove and change the order of planned stops to customize your route.
We’ve added realistic 3-D landmarks to maps.

Other Minor Updates

We’ve enabled HiFi streaming in TIDAL for higher quality audio experience when you have an eligble TIDAL account
We’ve improved fan operation for a more comfortable climate control experience
Other minor updates, improvements, and fixes

I like the updates but personally would really like to see improvements to the music options. CarPlay as many of us want. Since Alexa is integrated already how about enabling Alexa Skills? That way we could have the SiriusXM Alexa Skill and just say for example: "Alexa, play The Beatles Channel on SiriusXM"... Or how about a native SiriusXM app like the Tidal App?

I can’t wait to see the updated Navigation when I get back to the states. That is one app can use a lot of enhancement, rest of other software just minor to me, they will knock out those little kinks in time.

I saw somewhere on YouTube, someone thought it’s weak that 360 degree cam only shows default color, but not color came with the car and mention, Tesla can match its car color with their software. C’mon, that is not essential enhancement I care.

I saw somewhere on YouTube, someone thought it’s weak that 360 degree cam only shows default color, but not color came with the car and mention, Tesla can match its car color with their software. C’mon, that is not essential enhancement I care.
It's a nice detail. Especially since Tesla recently added a color picker, in addition to the colors they sell, in case you've wrapped your car in something different. But totally agree. This is number 1,857 on the priority list.

Man, I really hope they added the ability to mute/adjust navigation volume. 🫣

I wonder if the nav will also pair with the battery preconditioning so that if you’re navigating to a charging station, your battery will automatically start preconditioning at the optimal time before arrival.
My guess would be "not yet"

New Languages

You can now set French (Canada) or Spanish (Mexico) as your system language. These new lanague settings apply to both your displays and Navigation

Key Fob

You can now open your trunk with your key fob.
To open the trunk, short press the key fob once, then long press again. If you are within range, the trunk will open. You can also close the trunk using the same short-then long-press combination.

Traffic Sign Recognition

We’ve enhanced your vehicle’s ability ot identify traffic signs, including those in Canada. Your vehicle notifices you when it recognizes certain traffic signs, keeping you informed of speed limit changes and other important road information.

Navigation

In this update, we’ve made sweeping improvements to our Navigation app, released highly anticipated enhancements and improvements for a smoother Navigation experience.

Offline Navigation Mode

We care about your privacy, which is why we’ve Introduced Offline Mode. In Offline Mode, you can use GPS to navigate while your vehicle is otherwise not connected to any cellular or Wi-Fi networks.
To enter Offline moe, go to Navigation settings -> Offline Mode and turn the toggle On.

Offline maps are required to navigate in Offline Mode. To download maps you need, to go Navigation Settings > Offline Maps > Download Maps, then select the maps you want to download. The regions of the maps you have already downloaded will appear under Downloaded Maps. We’ve also added the ability to pause and resume specific map downloads, giving you more control over how many maps you are downloading at once.

More Interactive Map

We’ve also added features to make the map more interactive. You can now tap a point of interest or stop along your route to view information about it, and where available, pictures and ratings from TripAdvisor. If you search a particular area for a type of destination, you can now pan in or out and search again in the new map area by tapping Search This Area. If you are unable to find a specific point of interest or destination, you can now tap any location on the map and the app will route you to it.

Improved Range Estimates & Routes

We’ve improved how we calculate estaimted range to rimpveo routes between charging stations. We’ve also added battery charge details to more places in the UI, so they are easier to find, and Navigation will propose up to 3 optimized routes so you can choose the best one for you.

To help you find EA charging stations more easily, Nav will now default to searching just for EA charging stations. You can disable this setting to add all charging stations to your search results.

Nav will now remember a route in progress if you take a break. When you turn your vehicle back on, the active route will automatically appear on your displays. Nav will also remember your recent searches so you no longer have to re-type a destination you just searched for.

Finally, all routes will now display traffic information, so you can plan accordingly.

Other Navigation Updates

We’ve updated Nav to include the exit number and destination in both turn-y-turn guidance and the directions list.
Nav now features lane guidance on the right side of the Glass Cockpit, so you can anticipate which lane to be in before making a turn.
If you’ve changed your map view during your route, it will no longer return ot the default view until you tap Recent or switch Map Modes
We’ve added the option to sort and filter charging stations according to your preferences. You can now filter by distance, power output, plug type, and more.
We’ve added the ability to manually remove and change the order of planned stops to customize your route.
We’ve added realistic 3-D landmarks to maps.

Other Minor Updates

We’ve enabled HiFi streaming in TIDAL for higher quality audio experience when you have an eligble TIDAL account
We’ve improved fan operation for a more comfortable climate control experience
Other minor updates, improvements, and fixes
Awesome, it sounds like they fixed most navigation things I complained about as well as the Tidal resolution. Now if they could just get my Bluetooth audio to work we’d be in business.

Ok I’m excited but when do we get it????

I had to call Lucid Customer Service at 3:45 a.m. this morning because the car was honking in the garage. It turned out it was a false "Shock & Tilt" alarm that some other posters have experienced recently.

The Rep asked if my car had just gotten a software update. When I told her it hadn't, she said they are pushing 1.2.6 to all Air owners by tomorrow (Friday, June 10).

Back