1.2.6 OTA Out

What is going on when Alexa turns yellow and puts a notification badge on the right glass cockpit area? She makes a new sound and then attenuates the audio. I’ve searched the manual and didn’t find anything. Has anyone experienced this?

Has anyone noticed a sudden upward reading for mi/kwh after 1.2.6? Before that OTA, I would variously get 2.5 to 2.8 average readings depending upon my driving methods. Immediately after the 1.2.6 download, my reading was "3" and has remained above 3.0 pretty much ever since -- regardless of smooth or sprint modes; short or long distances; and AC full blasting. Rather odd.

Anyone else's observation?
My challenge is that I like to use “since last charge” as a metric to assess my driving, but this contains a big “phantom drain” when my car is in my carport, so rather than getting the 3+ I was getting, I go from 6ish coming home from charging to 1+ after it has been in my carport a few days. I really wish they would enable “deep sleep” and “awake from deep sleep” toggle from my iPhone lucid app, and that “deep sleep” would alleviate the phantom drain of nearby phone, etc

It's been a month - where is the next update? :-/
Third update for the R1T in 45 days of Ownership. I am just saying ...

Attachments

• Rivian Update.jpg
    Rivian Update.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 167
Third update for the R1T in 45 days of Ownership. I am just saying ...
Eh...would it benefit Lucid if I said I had 10 updates in 7 months? Lol

If I’m 20 years younger, I would apply Lucid Motirs and kick some software engineers’ ass! Just sayin’ 😂

Nav is very quick to load if you choose something from glass cockpit (home/work or sent from phone). Like 6-7 seconds I’ve timed. Once the car is booted up of course. Compared to just clicking Nav arrow icon which is like 20 seconds sometimes.

If I’m 20 years younger, I would apply Lucid Motirs and kick some software engineers’ ass! Just sayin’ 😂
I think that it's more of a management issue myself, but there are a number of squirrely "state management" issues that seem like bad design/coding. Just saying...

If I were 40 yrs. younger, I would help you!! ;)

I think that it's more of a management issue myself, but there are a number of squirrely "state management" issues that seem like bad design/coding. Just saying...

If I were 40 yrs. younger, I would help you!! ;)
I’m looking at that Lucid career list, it’s whole bunch of IT openings. I think they were over-emphasized in hardware technology rather than focusing in software in the past where Rivian is totally the opposite, outsourced all hardware and hardcore in-house focus on software. I feel Lucid is better at vertical integration, but they are too ambitious expanding very fast. The 2 companies actually have weakness that both are complimentary to each other while teething and learning.

I had an issue yesterday while using the NAV system that I am not sure is a new problem.

A call came in just before an upcoming turn and the call took over both screens and the NAV voice was muted so I missed the turn.

Has anyone had this happen?
This happened to me on my first drive a few months ago. Now I know not to answer a call during important navigation moments.

I’m looking at that Lucid career list, it’s whole bunch of IT openings. I think they were over-emphasized in hardware technology rather than focusing in software in the past where Rivian is totally the opposite, outsourced all hardware and hardcore in-house focus on software. I feel Lucid is better at vertical integration, but they are too ambitious expanding very fast. The 2 companies actually have weakness that both are complimentary to each other while teething and learning.
Just saw an article saying rivian has roughly 10k employees vs Lucid's 4k or so. Big difference in man power.

Just saw an article saying rivian has roughly 10k employees vs Lucid's 4k or so. Big difference in man power.
All I can say is WTF. All that manpower has to outsource parts to other companies? Rivian is actually more ambitious than Lucid in mass production planning.

Of course they are trying to produce THREE vehicles to Lucid’s one - the truck, the SUV and the Amazon van.

Just researched online to put things into perspective for true EV companies….

Company - Employees - 2022/Q1 Delivery - Deliver per employee

Tesla - 99,290 - 310,000 - 3.122
Rivian - 11,500 - 1227 - 0.106
Lucid - 3,900 - 360 - 0.092

Let’s see how this entail. All I can read is this curve is heading up for Lucid at this point.

Just researched online to put things into perspective for true EV companies….

Company - Employees - 2022/Q1 Delivery - Deliver per employee

Tesla - 99,290 - 310,000 - 3.122
Rivian - 11,500 - 1227 - 0.106
Lucid - 3,900 - 360 - 0.092

Let’s see how this entail. All I can read is this curve is heading up for Lucid at this point.
So the math shows that the difference between Lucid and Rivian delivery per employee is basically a rounding error (0.092 vs .106), and that delivery data was from when Lucid paused for nearly a month. Not bad.

Back