Admin
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
This happened to me twice yesterday and I wasn't paying attention as to why, but a yellow bar showed up on the right driver panel instead of the blue Alexa bar. It lowered the volume to my music and then the volume stayed at that level. I have no idea what it is or what triggered it. I was using NAV at the time, but had the volume muted. Anyone know what this is? It's going to be something stupidly obvious once someone responds.

A yellow light on Alexa usually means a message is waiting. Try saying "Alexa read my messages" and see if it does anything.

I have that yellow bar constantly coming up. Usually, at the same time, the Alexa display at the top, has a yellow dot, rather than the green one. The way, I then unmute the audio is by pushing the right volume button. I also get an 2-tone audio tone when that bar comes up. I’m sure I don’t have any messages waiting. I don’t know what kind of messages would be waiting for me.

I was thinking that it had to do with no internet connection, but many times I can ask Alexa something that requires the internet and I get a correct response. Other times I’m told the internet is not reachable.

I think that means Alexa is pissed at you

“Alexa, what are my notifications?”

Or

“Alexa, clear my notifications”

Yeah this happened to me a few times and I couldn’t figure out what the hell it was or how to get rid of it.

You guys are awesome.

Thank you for your email. I apologize that you are having issues with your Alexa features, my name is Raven with Customer Care and I would be happy to help.

The yellow Alexa bar is an indicator that the voice assistant has something to tell you. Specifically, it means that you have a reminder, a notification, or a message to receive. You can ask Alexa to "play messages" or "check notifications" to get rid of the yellow bar, or log into your Alexa app to modify your notifications. Your music may have lowered and stayed at that level if you had notifications still pending. I would suggest clearing your notifications to see if your music starts playing correctly

The yellow Alexa bar is an indicator that the voice assistant has something to tell you. Specifically, it means that you have a reminder, a notification, or a message to receive. You can ask Alexa to "play messages" or "check notifications" to get rid of the yellow bar, or log into your Alexa app to modify your notifications. Your music may have lowered and stayed at that level if you had notifications still pending. I would suggest clearing your notifications to see if your music starts playing correctly
All I can say is, Wow! That is the most irritating and unintuitive implementation of a ”feature!”

All I can say is, Wow! That is the most irritating and unintuitive implementation of a ”feature!”
@Alex, I can see how that is non-intuitive especially to someone not used to Alexa. In my case, I have been used to seeing the yellow ring glow on the Echo Dot inside my house whenever there is a notification (mostly an Amazon or Amazon-Fresh delivery). So to me it was pretty obvious what that yellow color meant. But, I agree there should be something on the screen telling you there is a notification.

To me, when I see yellow line, I know it means Amazon delivery dropped at my front door. I’m not sure how to toggle that off, I just play out messages to get rid of yellow line.

@Alex, I can see how that is non-intuitive especially to someone not used to Alexa. In my case, I have been used to seeing the yellow ring glow on the Echo Dot inside my house whenever there is a notification (mostly an Amazon or Amazon-Fresh delivery). So to me it was pretty obvious what that yellow color meant. But, I agree there should be something on the screen telling you there is a notification.
There's a notification dot on the Alexa Icon IF you are on the home screen, but I was on the NAV map so I didn't know what it was.

There's a notification dot on the Alexa Icon IF you are on the home screen, but I was on the NAV map so I didn't know what it was.
Yes, there is a notification dot (a yellow one), but you would think you could press that notification dot to find out what’s going on? It seems like you have to talk to Alexa. There are many times I don’t want to talk. I just want to push a button. Maybe this would be possible, if Lucid would enable that stupid status bar at the top to be pushable and select items directly.

On a more positive note, I made use of the yellow bar today: I had an Amazon package delivery and I was also informed about some items still in my shopping cart. It made me realize that Alexa is just a way for Amazon to sell more merchandise and services. I kind of find that resentful, since it seems that was Lucid’s only (cheap/free) way to implement voice recognition.

Yes, there is a notification dot (a yellow one), but you would think you could press that notification dot to find out what’s going on? It seems like you have to talk to Alexa. There are many times I don’t want to talk. I just want to push a button. Maybe this would be possible, if Lucid would enable that stupid status bar at the top to be pushable and select items directly.

On a more positive note, I made use of the yellow bar today: I had an Amazon package delivery and I was also informed about some items still in my shopping cart. It made me realize that Alexa is just a way for Amazon to sell more merchandise and services. I kind of find that resentful, since it seems that was Lucid’s only (cheap/free) way to implement voice recognition.

Agreed. Completely dislike the Alexa integration. I fully understand 'why' it was done. But on a luxury car; some compromises just shouldn't be made.

On a positive note I told Alexa to “turn on downstairs” as I was pulling into the community. Arrived home and lights are on.

The only problem I have with it in the car is that I can’t remember the control commands word for word so haven’t had much luck when getting it to change anything so the main commands I use are checking weather at destination, navigation, telling me to play a specific song or genre of songs I want to hear.

Agreed. Completely dislike the Alexa integration. I fully understand 'why' it was done. But on a luxury car; some compromises just shouldn't be made.
I agree. I am never going to set up Alexa so I have to live without voice commands. Not a dealbreaker, as my Model S voice commands haven't worked in years, so I am out of the habit of using them, but still annoying as I would like to be able to use them.

I agree. I am never going to set up Alexa so I have to live without voice commands. Not a dealbreaker, as my Model S voice commands haven't worked in years, so I am out of the habit of using them, but still annoying as I would like to be able to use them.
If you already have an Amazon account, there is no reason not to set up Alexa. I don’t remember where you can set up or disable notifications (in car or Alexa app), but you can just use a minimum set of Alexa features, such as the voice recognition.

If you already have an Amazon account, there is no reason not to set up Alexa. I don’t remember where you can set up or disable notifications (in car or Alexa app), but you can just use a minimum set of Alexa features, such as the voice recognition.
I’m another Amazon customer who hasn’t set up Alexa, either. Nor any streaming services from my Prime account. Haven’t sorted out whether I’m just lazy or leery of the Internet of things.

You guys are awesome.

Thank you for your email. I apologize that you are having issues with your Alexa features, my name is Raven with Customer Care and I would be happy to help.

Awesome I will try this next time, keep learning about this car :)

Back