1.1.7 Release Notes

I got my car back from Service along with 1.1.7 software update. Low coolant sign was due to air bulble. They had to flush the coolant and refill it. I believe there are two coolant systems, one for the battery component and another for cooling in the cabin.

Face ID is not yet available, I was told, may in future updates. 1.1.8 update is coming soon. Dont know the details. If any one knows, please post.

My "Ironman LucidGold", with full wrap with clear on top and Shiny Cherry red in bottom with some chrome in front grill, side and back.
Saw yours show up on reddit. It's...interesting :D
Hey Ashoka, how much were you replacement carpets?
Yes, inquiring minds want to know. I have zero desire to see my Santa Cruz carpets eventually turn into Tahoe and then Mojave...

(my family is dead set on Santa Cruz, but I may switch to Tahoe anyway)

Is it the Pilot Screen that is freezing? If so, that's the problem I was having, although my screen was frozen, not occasionally, but about half the time on start up. Lucid told me that a software update would not address the problem, as it was not caused by operating software.
Mostly it is the Pilot screen, sometimes in addition the right touch screen as well. Happened a couple of times.

But after parking, when you come back the screens work fine, except one time I had to use soft update to correct it.

Mostly it is the Pilot screen, sometimes in addition the right touch screen as well. Happened a couple of times.

But after parking, when you come back the screens work fine, except one time I had to use soft update to correct it.

I've had a couple of occasions where both the soft and hard reset (with Customer Care on the phone with me) didn't unfreeze the screen.

Yeah, it may unfreeze after you park the car and come back to it, but until then you're driving without access to any of the features controlled by the lower screen. As the car defaults to "Smooth" mode every time you get out of it -- and as my screen freezes about half the time -- I was often driving stuck in the setting with least power and slowest throttle response, no access to the main control menu for the car, etc.

At least four posters on this forum are reporting screen malfunctions. That's a fair percentage of the Dream owners who are posting here. And it means that these screen problems are likely to be widespread. Lucid is going to be in BIG trouble if they don't get to the bottom of this quickly and find a permanent fix for the cars that have already been delivered with these defects.

Here's a partial list of what you can't do when the Pilot Screen is frozen:

- switch driving modes
- adjust automatic climate controls
- turn seat heating or cooling on or off
- open the glovebox
- adjust the steering wheel
- change regen settings
- turn the very aggressive park comfort on or off
- use the seat massagers

When carmakers decide to put this much of a car's controls into software, they'd damned well better make sure the systems and screens are reliable . . . and the Air's aren't even close.

Sorry, but I'm in a particularly bad mood about this right now, because our Tesla Plaid locked me out this afternoon for the second time in two days, allowing me to open the car only with the key card.

The whole industry is WAAAAY ahead of itself in relying on a technology that is not yet mature enough for any of them to be using so ubiquitously in an automobile.

I've had a couple of occasions where both the soft and hard reset (with Customer Care on the phone with me) didn't unfreeze the screen.

Yeah, it may unfreeze after you park the car and come back to it, but until then you're driving without access to any of the features controlled by the lower screen. As the car defaults to "Smooth" mode every time you get out of it -- and as my screen freezes about half the time -- I was often driving stuck in the setting with least power and slowest throttle response, no access to the main control menu for the car, etc.

At least four posters on this forum are reporting screen malfunctions. That's a fair percentage of the Dream owners who are posting here. And it means that these screen problems are likely to be widespread. Lucid is going to be in BIG trouble if they don't get to the bottom of this quickly and find a permanent fix for the cars that have already been delivered with these defects.

- switch driving modes
- open the glovebox
- change regen settings
- use the seat massagers

When carmakers decide to put this much of a car's controls into software, they'd damned well better make sure the systems and screens are reliable . . . and the Air's aren't even close.

Sorry, but I'm in a particularly bad mood about this right now, because our Tesla Plaid locked me out this afternoon for the second time in two days, allowing me to open the car only with the key card.

The whole industry is WAAAAY ahead of itself in relying on a technology that is not yet mature enough for any of them to be using so ubiquitously in an automobile.
Sorry you are having so much of issues. It is frustrating when it happens while driving that you cannot watch what is going on. For me it happened just before parking and so it was not much of a problem. I am sure a lot of these early problems will be clearing in time. I missed driving my Lucid for the time it was out. Tesla or other cars were so different to drive. May be I am hooked on Lucid driving!
I am sure in a couple of weeks you feel so different about your experience.

- switch driving modes
- open the glovebox
- change regen settings
- use the seat massagers

Can you turn on defroster controls with a frozen screen (that seems like a pun of sorts)? If not, that transitions from a PIA issue to a true safety issue, especially in colder climates.

Can you turn on defroster controls with a frozen screen (that seems like a pun of sorts)? If not, that transitions from a PIA issue to a true safety issue, especially in colder climates.

I don't have the car right now to verify this but, if I remember correctly, the defrosters are controlled from the far left panel of the Glass Cockpit which, in my car at least, has not malfunctioned.

I am having major screen issues with the top right screen (I have a separate thread on this) and agree these screen issues are becoming a safety hazard when you cannot operate basic car functions. mine is now at the service center and I’m hoping the third time is the charm for repair. I am not convinced this is a software issue (at least in my case) - I bought that line for the first 5 weeks of ownership and have started pushing back on getting my wonky screen replaced. The problem appears randomly and I cannot repeat it on my own at all - in my case the screen goes to static or the LCD just goes black (backlight stays on so the screen is still powered) - it acts like a phone screen that has been damaged. I am willing to put up with some weirdness (I am after all an early adopter) with extra features but the car should be able to safely get you from point a to point b consistently.

one of the question, I know the turn signal in and close the door trick. Is that a card or soft reset? And how do you do the other type of reset?

The other type of reset is to exit the car, move out of key range, wait at least 45 seconds, return to the car and click the top of the key fob twice in quick succession. The horn should honk and the headlights blink if the reset succeeded.

Can you tell us what number your Dream Edition is?

I'll probably get pushback on this comparison but I'll show it anyway. I was struck by the interior of the new Chevy Silverado EV during yesterday's Superbowl commercial. While the rest of the interior is as you would expect, a closer look at the display screen shows a very well-executed UI that includes Carplay, Android Auto, Google assistant, etc. plus the necessary physical buttons for volume, climate control, etc. If Chevy can pull this off .......;)

1644861141987.png
1644861087690.png

Pushing back for a second - to me the paginated look is very old UI style and clunky filled with applications you will never use. For example, my old 2018 Buick had spaces for New York Times and a web browser that would never have been used.

That's Android Automotive and the more and more we see this, it appears the biggest issue is that the Lucid screens are curved...looks nice, but it appears implementing the UI is hard.

Valid point. But Carplay has paginated look that mostly works as you can customize the pages with the apps you mostly need, use or want.

I'll probably get pushback on this comparison but I'll show it anyway. I was struck by the interior of the new Chevy Silverado EV during yesterday's Superbowl commercial. While the rest of the interior is as you would expect, a closer look at the display screen shows a very well-executed UI that includes Carplay, Android Auto, Google assistant, etc. plus the necessary physical buttons for volume, climate control, etc. If Chevy can pull this off .......;)

View attachment 825View attachment 824
Not unlike the interface on one of the screens on the BMW i4. I'm not sure about the GM, but on the i4 you can also create shortcuts & customize.

Attachments

• i4 interface.png
    i4 interface.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 115
Pushing back for a second - to me the paginated look is very old UI style and clunky filled with applications you will never use. For example, my old 2018 Buick had spaces for New York Times and a web browser that would never have been used.
On the other hand, I like it a lot. I like the fact that the secondary display is at the same height as the primary display so if I have to look at it while driving, at least I don't have to look down. I also like having the physical buttons. On my current car, I can adjust the volume, AC, seat position, wheel position. massage and lighting with physical buttons plus seven additional programmable buttons, and most of them I can operate without looking. This drive to put everything on a touchscreen makes, IMHO, absolutely no sense!

Si
I completely agree that the current screen layout of the Lucid isn't ideal. I found the iX and i4 to both have very good UX from a screen real estate perspective. I frankly wish Lucid had gone that route.

The main drawback to me is the tapering of the right-hand screen. It may look elegant to narrow it down, but it really limits you from a UX functionality perspective (dealign with a non-rectangular screen is a royal pain). It looks like Lucid went with that anyway because it is intended more as a reference screen instead of active. Reference in this case means you're not intended to touch it nearly as often as you do the lower screen - but ask any UX hardware designer if they hate dual-screens and you'll likely get an emphatic "no, they're totally the future, really" while they twitch and foam at the mouth.

The biggest challenge on the Lucid UX will be really utilizing the screens in an intuitive, ergonomic way when adding more functionality. With the current limitations in the interface it is easier to adapt, but imagine once you have CarPlay/AndroidAuto - they take over large chunks of the screen, and you need to keep the rest of the features available. The EQS hyper screen does this pretty well, but that thing has all the room in the world to work with. Lucid does not.

I wonder how much of a pita it would be just to implement it all on the lower screen for now then take the time to fix fix display in the upper right. But then I'm sure there will complaints of they did it that way also. I don't see a winning scenario. But using the car, I barely touch the right screen. Only to activate nav and music and that's it.

Back