1.1.7 Release Notes

I am not sure which Bluetooth profiles are used by Lucid. There is a proximity profile that is commonly used for unlocking and there is also a hands free profile that is used for hands free phone operation including messaging. Both require a bluetooth connection but is is reasonable that the hands free profile not turn on until someone is inside the car. There are many other profiles for data that Lucid may or may not be using. The same could be said for those.
The the BLE connection (proximity profile) would most like not be handled by the media processor, because the media processor needs time to wake up and is not running all the time. They probably have a dedicated BLE processor that handles the doors and trunks. This way the doors and trunks can work "right away."

The the BLE connection (proximity profile) would most like not be handled by the media processor, because the media processor needs time to wake up and is not running all the time. They probably have a dedicated BLE processor that handles the doors and trunks. This way the doors and trunks can work "right away."
There is likely a single chip for both Bluetooth and WiFi and that chip has limited processing capability. All the bluetooth profiles will connect through that same chip. It is hard to tell how much has to wake up to unlock versus a more complete phone link. Certainly a media processor is required for the full phone link but not sure what is required to unlock. Clearly the car should handle these profiles better.

BLE is not limited to proximity, many profiles can be carried over BLE.

Sorry I'm completely confused, was I incorrect in stating that mobile key needs Bluetooth on in order to work? If that's not the case, what is searching for the mobile key on your phone?

This wasn’t available even on a Tesla until the last year or so, and only by enough twitter outrage from people who’s phone calls would automatically connect when walking by their car and cause issues. Lucid most likely will implement this as well.
Nopes it still happens on my Model 3. Super annoying

Nopes it still happens on my Model 3. Super annoying
Interesting. I can only speak to my Model S, no longer happens. I am sitting in it now with the door open and my phone isn’t connected. Not sure why the 3 would be any different.

Interesting. I can only speak to my Model S, no longer happens. I am sitting in it now with the door open and my phone isn’t connected. Not sure why the 3 would be any different.
And for me this morning I was on a video call with my Dad...my wife steps into the car to leave for work and voila - immediately shifts to bluetooth. Maaaybe it's because my phone is the preferred bluetooth, but still her phone is with her and she's opened the door and everything. Just annoying

Sorry I'm completely confused, was I incorrect in stating that mobile key needs Bluetooth on in order to work? If that's not the case, what is searching for the mobile key on your phone?
You were correct. However, there are multiple profiles or data coding methods within the Bluetooth standard. All of those different profiles are still Bluetooth.

You were correct. However, there are multiple profiles or data coding methods within the Bluetooth standard. All of those different profiles are still Bluetooth.
Ok, yea, in my phones Bluetooth connection settings I have 2 different Lucid profiles. 1 for the key and 1 for the media then?

I'm behind on updates, car only received 1.1.61 today...Lucid must be angry with me.

Did you have to pair you phone twice? Once for each profile? Or just two different profiles?
Once for the mobile key and once for the media stuff

If you email or call them and ask, they’ll push the latest to you.
Yea, I'll just wait an extra day or two. I don't use the massage seats that often. ;)

I'm behind on updates, car only received 1.1.61 today...Lucid must be angry with me.
I know this sounds paranoid but whenever I start complaining about about an issue, the updates come in multiples. In the last 2 days I’ve had 3 updates, so I’m now at 1.1.8. I thought updates might be done regionally but you and I are both in L.A.

I know this sounds paranoid but whenever I start complaining about about an issue, the updates come in multiples. In the last 2 days I’ve had 3 updates, so I’m now at 1.1.8. I thought updates might be done regionally but you and I are both in L.A.

All of us got those same updates. Just happened to be a faster cadence recently. No need to be paranoid. :)

Back