1.1.7 Release Notes

I'll probably get pushback on this comparison but I'll show it anyway. I was struck by the interior of the new Chevy Silverado EV during yesterday's Superbowl commercial. While the rest of the interior is as you would expect, a closer look at the display screen shows a very well-executed UI that includes Carplay, Android Auto, Google assistant, etc. plus the necessary physical buttons for volume, climate control, etc. If Chevy can pull this off .......;)

View attachment 825View attachment 824
I agree. The tech, including Android Auto integration, on my 2021 Corvette is very well executed and so far much better than my DE.

Last edited:
Thanks for those release notes. I had that installed on my car briefly, while it was at the service center. But I never got to see the release notes, because they installed 1.1.7 soon thereafter.
Customer care is adamant 1.1.7 doesn’t exist on any customer cars except @Jon_Rettinger :(

My DA told me yesterday that they were in the process of pushing 1.17 OTA to all DEs this week…
From customer care at noon PST today

We have still not gotten confirmation about the mass release of software version 1.1.7, however, it does look like your vehicle is currently on version 1.1.6.

1.1.7 is well on it's way and we appreciate the patience you have shown us throughout this time! Once it is released, it will be pushed out to you immediately.”

Glad it stayed the same as what @Jon_Rettinger posted!
Yep!

Unfortunately, it also failed. So now I’m waiting for it to be repushed to me.

The error in the app when an update fails is super annoying. It can’t be hidden and overlaps a large chunk of the top of the screen

Anyone have an issue where when wandering the house your phone keeps trying to connect to the car Bluetooth even though the car “should” be sleeping?

Anyone have an issue where when wandering the house your phone keeps trying to connect to the car Bluetooth even though the car “should” be sleeping?
Yes, especially if you are within range and the car wakes up when it detects your Fob or Mobile. I have already complained to them that Bluetooth should not connect until the door is open and someone sits down. It also does not disconnect when you exit the car.

Yes, especially if you are within range and the car wakes up when it detects your Fob or Mobile. I have already complained to them that Bluetooth should not connect until the door is open and someone sits down. It also does not disconnect when you exit the car.

Interesting! I haven’t had that issue but I have a detached garage so that’s likely why.

@Alex, if that's the case how can you use the mobile phone as key to open your car? I think it uses Bluetooth for that or there's more to it than I know.

@Alex, if that's the case how can you use the mobile phone as key to open your car? I think it uses Bluetooth for that or there's more to it than I know.
The phone/car uses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), which is not the same as the Bluetooth you use to connect to the car with for playing audio. What I am referring to is that the car will connect to the phone's audio Bluetooth (Phone/music) when it wakes up and unlocks. I can disconnect the Phone/Car audio connection, but the mobile app uses a different one.

The phone/car uses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), which is not the same as the Bluetooth you use to connect to the car with for playing audio. What I am referring to is that the car will connect to the phone's audio Bluetooth (Phone/music) when it wakes up and unlocks. I can disconnect the Phone/Car audio connection, but the mobile app uses a different one.
I agree with this idea. Imagine Carplay or Android Auto with it connecting as sensitive as it is right now, it would be an annoying mess.

(second try is the charm, 1.1.7 is now installed for me)

Okay got it. That to me is like a "duh" thing. Why would it be done any other way? Let me clarify... I agree with what Alex said before -"I have already complained to them that Bluetooth should not connect until the door is open and someone sits down."

I am not sure which Bluetooth profiles are used by Lucid. There is a proximity profile that is commonly used for unlocking and there is also a hands free profile that is used for hands free phone operation including messaging. Both require a bluetooth connection but is is reasonable that the hands free profile not turn on until someone is inside the car. There are many other profiles for data that Lucid may or may not be using. The same could be said for those.

Okay got it. That to me is like a "duh" thing. Why would it be done any other way? Let me clarify... I agree with what Alex said before -"I have already complained to them that Bluetooth should not connect until the door is open and someone sits down."
This wasn’t available even on a Tesla until the last year or so, and only by enough twitter outrage from people who’s phone calls would automatically connect when walking by their car and cause issues. Lucid most likely will implement this as well.

Back