Wunderbox + Charger install + Chargers in general

She still has not stopped complaining about the fact that I sold her Mercedes and bought the Telsa without her permission …
She has only had it for a few days and I think she will come around. I ditched my Benz for the Lucid and have zero regrets.
I was surprised to learn that Tesla chargers max out at 48 amps on a 60 amp circuit. My understanding is that limit is limited by the car’s capacity And there is no way to increase it.

She still has not stopped complaining about the fact that I sold her Mercedes and bought the Telsa without her permission …
She has only had it for a few days and I think she will come around. I ditched my Benz for the Lucid and have zero regrets.
I was surprised to learn that Tesla chargers max out at 48 amps on a 60 amp circuit. My understanding is that limit is limited by the car’s capacity And there is no way to increase it.
Chargers are limited to 80% of the capacity of the circuit. I think? Paging @DeaneG

Of course. My point is simply that my wife’s new Model Y has a maximum charging rate of 48 amps, hence the 60 amp service. There is no such thing (to my knowledge) as a more powerful Tesla charger than that. In other words, I did not cheap out on wifey’s charger!
Selling her Mercedes has been trickier for me to “justify.” Maybe I should have asked first …:)

Installing the lucid h9me charger today with my own electrical guy…..hmmmmm. Not as easy as one might th8nk.

Back