Would you sell your DE for what you paid

- Sensors. Day 2 the car stopped in the middle of the street because the sensors were set so high it thought the stopped traffic in the oncoming lane to my left, were too close to my car. The car stopped me in front of the lanes and wd not let me move it. This is despite my telling CS the sensors were too high. It happened 2 times and they took the car in to service. OK now.
- The car dropped my profile - just erased it after a few weeks. Unable to reprogram, etc. Dropped the ability to connect phone by Bluetooth. OK now.
- Door handles pop in and out rapidly and repeatedly. Doors wd not unlock at all unless pushing the fob button. Must have the fob in hand at all times to unlock. Better but still glitchy, so still can’t carry fob in pocket and expect unlock.
- Key fobs are faulty despite being replaced twice.
- The GPS doesn’t have cardinal directions for freeways.
- The radio wasn’t working - now works but still glitchy.
- There were several other temporary problems like the seat completely laying back while I’m driving. Fixed now and was related to an update glitch. Another update annoyance was it automatically turned on features that I had off or weren’t previously available, resulting in turning on a lane correction “feature” that isn’t working properly. Very, very annoying as the car wd jerk to the left or right but I wd be driving perfectly in the lane. The fix was to turn off that feature, which again, I was unaware of it turning itself on when I did an OTA update.
I’ve now learned that the OTA updates can produce glitches in features that were previously fine. For the most part, my experience is these type of problems are more quickly resolved. The annoying thing for me is that without a manual, I can’t try to puzzle out what is going on with any of the buttons on the steering wheel or otherwise. With the Dream drive features, none were operable when the car was delivered and therefore not discussed. I wasn’t informed about any features at all and had no idea why the car was suddenly rolling backwards (creep feature), or jerking to the left and right. CS tried to tell me I was driving distracted with regard to lane correction. The jerking happened over and over and over, maybe 25 times. Believe me, by the 4th or 5th jerk I was very conscious of how I was driving in the lane and there was no distracted driving happening. At all.
- I don’t have voice command with Alexa, at all. I have been told it doesn’t do anything right now other than give me the time and weather. I have read otherwise on this forum.

Not absolutely sure if this everything but it’s what comes to mind. I guess the thing that bothered me the most and almost sent me over the edge was all the time I’ve had to spend learning about the car on my own.
When was your Dream delivered? Mine on 3/3 and I have not experienced any of these issues.

When was your Dream delivered? Mine on 3/3 and I have not experienced any of these issues.
12/31. That’s really good to hear that you don’t have these problems.

My car had maybe 7 miles in it. I didn’t think of it at the time but it may be that they were shoving them out the door to meet the end of year deadline they set for themselves. Probably needed to be tested and tweaked but they were more interested in meeting the numbers.

Last edited:
There is a way! I also use MyQ and set it up in my iPhone home automation that can be triggered by siri. I named my garage "sesame" in apple home. All I have to say is 'hey siri, open sesame' and it works great, obviously close sesame works as well.... no need to go through the car set ups to try and make this work because your phone is in the car anyways. Siri is voice encrypted so the open function is much more secure and works
Oh do I need to buy the MyQ homebridge to do that though? I can’t find a way to add the Chamberlain opener or MyQ to Apple Home kit.

Oh do I need to buy the MyQ homebridge to do that though? I can’t find a way to add the Chamberlain opener or MyQ to Apple Home kit.
My guess is your MyQ is an older version that isn’t compatible with apple home kit. You are probably correct, just grab a newer homebridge. 100 bucks…..

Because every other car maker in the world has lock/unlock that works flawlessly. We are not talking about level 3 self driving or anything sophisticated. We are talking about unlocking the car, closing the garage door, and changing sources on the entertainment system.
FWIW, I have a 2021 MB S580. New generation so lots of new tech. The door handles are supposed to extend and unlock when you approach the car with the key. But it works only about 1/3 of the time. In fact, the car has many of the same problems people on this forum are complaining about. MB has been around
for a long time but it too is struggling to get new tech right before it rolls it out. And MB has been much slower to release software fixes than Lucid appears to be. So I’m inclined to give Lucid a pass when it comes to most of the glitches/defects being reported (as long as it continues to improve the software with regular updates).

12/31. That’s really good to hear that you don’t have these problems.

My car had maybe 7 miles in it. I didn’t think of it at the time but it may be that they were shoving them out the door to meet the end of year deadline they set for themselves. Probably needed to be tested and tweaked but they were more interested in meeting the numbers.
Many of the others coming out later had 26 miles on them including mine. Maybe you are correct about getting them delivered and then they slowed down and tested them more later and waited for some fixes before resuming deliveries.

FWIW, I have a 2021 MB S580. New generation so lots of new tech. The door handles are supposed to extend and unlock when you approach the car with the key. But it works only about 1/3 of the time. In fact, the car has many of the same problems people on this forum are complaining about. MB has been around
for a long time but it too is struggling to get new tech right before it rolls it out. And MB has been much slower to release software fixes than Lucid appears to be. So I’m inclined to give Lucid a pass when it comes to most of the glitches/defects being reported (as long as it continues to improve the software with regular updates).
Yeah and the remote start feature on the MB app doesn’t work well if it’s cold outside, which is the whole reason to remote start your car! I think you just have to pick which annoyances you’re ok with with any tech heavy car.

This is why traditional OEM’s with dealers everywhere have an advantage. It’s really much easier to get repairs and loaners! Most of the country does not have quick access to rivian and lucid repair shops, even Tesla service is a struggle!

Many of the others coming out later had 26 miles on them including mine. Maybe you are correct about getting them delivered and then they slowed down and tested them more later and waited for some fixes before resuming deliveries.
Lol my car had 3 miles when I picked it up

Here is my question to the Forum.
My AGT has left the factory and delivery could be in a week. After reading so many comments about the many software glitches I am not sure if I want this car. At this point I would be worried if my wife drove it and she could not figure out certain software happenings. She wants an on and off button and drive😂😂. I have never had a car that takes a while to wake up before it’s ready to drive or god forbid locks one in or out in an emergency situation or cameras not working when the are needed.Has anyone experienced being locked in or out?
There seems to be just too many software glitches(some which could prove to be disastrous) to make this a daily pleasant driving experience. From all I read the driving seems to be stellar. How can that team be so good and the software time is still experimenting. My concern is how many updates before they get the important safety issues right?? In regular cars if the software had issues(Range Rover still antiquated software) I still can drive the car just fine and Google and Waze navigation works great every time.
So should I get delivery or just let it go and forfeit a 1000 dollars and wait another year?
with the current software the function is better than average I would say, the car can be used very simply or is as technical and complicated as you may want, also, the software is going to continuously improve so its no way to judge the car at this early stage; oh, to answer your question, I would be willing to sell mine at 2x MSRP but not a penny less

Lol my car had 3 miles when I picked it up
You know, I was recalling in my head the number 3 but didn’t completely trust my memory. I committed to 7 miles because I didn’t want to overstate the issue and 3 seemed almost impossible. But now that you say yours was in fact that low, I’m having more confidence in the cobwebbed corners of my mind. Either way, the theory holds.

Last edited:
Here is my question to the Forum.
My AGT has left the factory and delivery could be in a week. After reading so many comments about the many software glitches I am not sure if I want this car. At this point I would be worried if my wife drove it and she could not figure out certain software happenings. She wants an on and off button and drive😂😂. I have never had a car that takes a while to wake up before it’s ready to drive or god forbid locks one in or out in an emergency situation or cameras not working when the are needed.Has anyone experienced being locked in or out?
There seems to be just too many software glitches(some which could prove to be disastrous) to make this a daily pleasant driving experience. From all I read the driving seems to be stellar. How can that team be so good and the software time is still experimenting. My concern is how many updates before they get the important safety issues right?? In regular cars if the software had issues(Range Rover still antiquated software) I still can drive the car just fine and Google and Waze navigation works great every time.
So should I get delivery or just let it go and forfeit a 1000 dollars and wait another year?
I think the most bothersome issues have been addressed and solved. There were quite a few but I, being someone who seems to have weathered more than others, feel that you shdn’t rely on the earlier problems as the gauge for deciding to buy this car coming out of production today. The main remaining issues that I’m aware of are 1. the key fob which, minus all the early issues, is minor, and 2. The delay in unlocking the car and the long warm up, which are also minor in that you know that’s the situation for now and can adjust your “wait” expectations.

Last edited:
You know, I was recalling in my head the number 3 but didn’t completely trust my memory. I committed to 7 miles because I didn’t want to overstate the issue and 3 seemed almost impossible. But now that you say yours was in fact that low, I’m having more confidence in the cobwebbed corners of my mind. Either way, the theory holds.

Mine had exactly 7, so 🤷‍♂️

Back