Would you sell your DE for what you paid

Someone in a Brand new 550i wanted a go with the Air. I felt bad for him. 😂 Speed limits need not be broken, it only took 2 seconds to make a point. The Air continues to make a case for why it is worth every penny.

Thank you to everyone for "work arounds".

To my own aggravation, I try to use the car without work arounds, and communicate what I feel are necessary improvements to Lucid.

To be successful there are going to be many first time EV owners.

I think an off button should be a priority as it should be easy, doesn't have to be used, and would increase the comfort level for many old fart ICE converts like myself.

Someone in a Brand new 550i wanted a go with the Air. I felt bad for him. 😂 Speed limits need not be broken, it only took 2 seconds to make a point. The Air continues to make a case for why it is worth every penny.

Thank you to everyone for "work arounds".

To my own aggravation, I try to use the car without work arounds, and communicate what I feel are necessary improvements to Lucid.

To be successful there are going to be many first time EV owners.

I think an off button should be a priority as it should be easy, doesn't have to be used, and would increase the comfort level for many old fart ICE converts like myself.
Lol, the amount of times I've had rice rockets try and come at me is absurd. Even had a Plaid try, but it was still too easy

Here is my question to the Forum.
My AGT has left the factory and delivery could be in a week. After reading so many comments about the many software glitches I am not sure if I want this car. At this point I would be worried if my wife drove it and she could not figure out certain software happenings. She wants an on and off button and drive😂😂. I have never had a car that takes a while to wake up before it’s ready to drive or god forbid locks one in or out in an emergency situation or cameras not working when the are needed.Has anyone experienced being locked in or out?
There seems to be just too many software glitches(some which could prove to be disastrous) to make this a daily pleasant driving experience. From all I read the driving seems to be stellar. How can that team be so good and the software time is still experimenting. My concern is how many updates before they get the important safety issues right?? In regular cars if the software had issues(Range Rover still antiquated software) I still can drive the car just fine and Google and Waze navigation works great every time.
So should I get delivery or just let it go and forfeit a

Lol, the amount of times I've had rice rockets try and come at me is absurd. Even had a Plaid try, but it was still too easy
"rice rockets?" Never heard this.

I had to laugh. I’ve had those rice rockets do the same thing with my M5, but I just shake my head. It brought back memories though of some guy in high school with his tiny little souped up Honda (tiny little hatch from early 80’s) wanting to race my in my stock ‘71 Mustang. He really thought he had a chance, but he was not happy after he tried it. I was a stupid teenager, surprised I never wrecked that car. I did blow up the engine though.

In 2009 I got a GTR. 0-30 in just over a second. By 30 I would have multiple car lengths on the kids and shut it down. Invariably their buddy in the passenger seat would be laughing their ass off. Shortly there after took it to a PCCA event at VIR and had fun with the GT3's.

Attachments

• IMG_0233.jpeg
    IMG_0233.jpeg
    325.4 KB · Views: 98
Wow, that brings back memories. Putting Koni or Mulholland shocks plus beefed up sway bars, new carb, headers and exhaust system on my Datsun 510 and racing BMW 2002s...way, way back in the day.

I did a little instantaneous 65-135 mph blast tonight to show an aggressive Mustang GT that was tailing me exactly what I was driving. My wife was screaming at me and my kids were laughing hysterically. This car is truly sick.

I did a little instantaneous 65-135 mph blast tonight to show an aggressive Mustang GT that was tailing me exactly what I was driving. My wife was screaming at me and my kids were laughing hysterically. This car is truly sick.
Yes. At 65 mph it can pull away from a 911 Turbo S just as easily as a Mustang GT.

In 2009 I got a GTR. 0-30 in just over a second. By 30 I would have multiple car lengths on the kids and shut it down. Invariably their buddy in the passenger seat would be laughing their ass off. Shortly there after took it to a PCCA event at VIR and had fun with the GT3's.
oh yes, the GTR- one of the most under rated sports cars out there! Godzilla!

I chuckle because this exact scenario has played out in my car several times over the years :)

Couldn’t be simpler. Also the Alexa routine to avoid saying “trigger”.
So I had a play tonight

I can’t find your third screen.
I was able to create a new applet, set up a trigger (but only one phrase) and then connect it to MyQ.
ELI5 … how do you set up multiple trigger phrases?

(if it matters, I am on iOS)

So I had a play tonight

I can’t find your third screen.
I was able to create a new applet, set up a trigger (but only one phrase) and then connect it to MyQ.
ELI5 … how do you set up multiple trigger phrases?

(if it matters, I am on iOS)

You make the IFTTT applet first, then go into Alexa to make an Alexa routine - that can have multiple phrases, and it will trigger your IFTTT applet.

You make the IFTTT applet first, then go into Alexa to make an Alexa routine - that can have multiple phrases, and it will trigger your IFTTT applet.
Jesus, I have never used Alexa or any other voice assistant. It's always felt strange just randomly saying things to no one. And the few times I've tried doing it for navigation or phone, I wind up screaming at it since it doesn't seem to understand me. I'll have a bit of a learning curve ahead of me before I even attempt the MyQ/IFTTT stuff. Also, will need to actually install the MyQ.

Alternately, someone mentioned a garage door that close automatically. What is the brand for that? May be infinitely easier (at least when leaving).

My new LiftMaster does that.

If I understand correctly there’s no way to get it to open the garage door? I’d love to still be in the house and say “Alexa open garage door” since I have a detached garage, then hop in the car and say “Alexa close garage door”. I have the MyQ/chamberlain opener too so right now I have to take my phone out and use the app.

The pleasure of driving the car is like a narcotic. You become numb to the deficiencies. It is stupid fast.
You just made me want to go for a drive for no reason right now. See ya later! 💨

You just made me want to go for a drive for no reason right now. See ya later! 💨
Me too! But, it's under 45 degrees here. Will need to wait a couple of days. :-(
(I'm running the 21" wheels.)

Me too! But, it's under 45 degrees here. Will need to wait a couple of days. :-(
(I'm running the 21" wheels.)
If you drive fast enough it will heat up the tires ;)

I am a dinosaur and have 6 cars with garage door remote “clickers”, one in each car, and will remain doing so until they pry the clicker out of my dead hand! 😊
Make that two dinosaurs... "clickers" are less than 15 dollars and work.

Attachments

• Liftmaster remote.jpg
    Liftmaster remote.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 101
If I understand correctly there’s no way to get it to open the garage door? I’d love to still be in the house and say “Alexa open garage door” since I have a detached garage, then hop in the car and say “Alexa close garage door”. I have the MyQ/chamberlain opener too so right now I have to take my phone out and use the app.
There is a way! I also use MyQ and set it up in my iPhone home automation that can be triggered by siri. I named my garage "sesame" in apple home. All I have to say is 'hey siri, open sesame' and it works great, obviously close sesame works as well.... no need to go through the car set ups to try and make this work because your phone is in the car anyways. Siri is voice encrypted so the open function is much more secure and works.

Back