• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Would you rather have more range or lighter weight?

I’d opt for lighter weight. I’m actually very happy with the real world 300+ mile range and luxury interior, features & ride of the Genesis G80 I’m currently driving. I’m not driving anywhere near 300 miles these days before taking a break anyway. Aside from that, the reality is we haven’t taken a one way driving trip over 150 miles in years.

I told my wife today though that I’d like to try the Tesla charger, relatively close to me that accommodates non-Teslas, just for fun and as a possible future reference. I might be able to use it without taking up 2 charging slots since the G80’s charger port is in the front. It likely wouldn’t work on my i4 with its more traditional rear quarter panel location. We shall see.

Thanks, usually when we stop at kettlemen for bathroom break we get in n out. I'll have to try out the taco place. I read somewhere there is a mexican place next to the EA chargers, is that the one?
Yep, the EA is literally in their parking lot.

I haven't tried yet with my Touring, but I'm most likely going to charge somewhere in between since I doubt I'd get the epa range and I'm not prepared to go from 100% to 0%. The GT was outside of my budget, maybe that trim can comfortably do that trip without charging.
Fwiw, the DE Range loaner I have would absolutely make it from Cupertino to LA on 100% charge with range to spare; the estimate is 505 miles, and it actually was within a few miles of it. I was very pleasantly surprised by my trip range so far, and that was *in traffic*.

Of course, that’s with having HA drive almost the whole way, and at a reasonable speed (72). Personally, I’d rather drive it like it stole it and stop once in the middle to eat and pee, but I’m biased with the DE-P :)

I would take as much “real“ range I could get. 500+ of real range.

Range - so that in the dead of winter, I still have reasonable range. (Unless this new battery technology is less sensitive to cold.)

I like driving the Lucid so much I just sometimes drive around looking for the reason why I'm driving around.
I'm thinking I will go to all the chargers around me and check them out.
This gives purpose to pointlessness.

Lucid has given my life meaning.

I like driving the Lucid so much I just sometimes drive around looking for the reason why I'm driving around.
I'm thinking I will go to all the chargers around me and check them out.
This gives purpose to pointlessness.

Lucid has given my life meaning.
So… less weight for you?

To me, the obvious solution to this is — both.

Have one heavier, longer-range car like the Air for distance road trips and max comfort.

Have one lightweight, short-distance car for weekend fun. Like Cosmo said, basically an electric Miata.

That would be my ideal setup.

yes:
= give me an electric Miata and be damned with it's range.

no:
= a Lucid version of the E63s wagon : the perfect car.
Actually im planning to make a EViata for a high school project. Theres so much potential, and weights will be between 2800-3400.
With solid state batteries and some experimental motors, im going for 880 hp tri motor with 500-700 miles range.
Lucid, if your listening PLEASE make a crate motor.

found this: Neta GT
2023042008054655.jpg
AWD ; 78 k/wh ; 600 km ; 340 k/W / 620 Nm ; 3.7 sec

and this:
AIM...

AIM-EV-Sport-01-1.jpeg

1500 kg 300 km Emphasis on handling. I'm thinkin' Miata here ... t

but this is what I dream of:

Attachments

• lucid wagon.jpg
    lucid wagon.jpg
    929.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Fwiw, the DE Range loaner I have would absolutely make it from Cupertino to LA on 100% charge with range to spare; the estimate is 505 miles, and it actually was within a few miles of it. I was very pleasantly surprised by my trip range so far, and that was *in traffic*.

Of course, that’s with having HA drive almost the whole way, and at a reasonable speed (72). Personally, I’d rather drive it like it stole it and stop once in the middle to eat and pee, but I’m biased with the DE-P :)
In my case it’s pee first then eat!!

found this: Neta GT
2023042008054655.jpg
AWD ; 78 k/wh ; 600 km ; 340 k/W / 620 Nm ; 3.7 sec

and this:
AIM...

AIM-EV-Sport-01-1.jpeg

1500 kg 300 km Emphasis on handling. I'm thinkin' Miata here ... t

but this is what I dream of:
There was a better lucid wagon rendering by sketchmonkey. This ones d pillar is comically large.

For me it’s range uber alles. I have a long roundtrip commute to work. It’s 280 miles. For the purposes of being gentle on the main battery, I prefer to charge no more than 90% and draw the battery down to no lower than 20%. That’s using 70% of battery. I can manage this in my GT if I drive no faster than 70 mph. So, on my weekly commute I watch my speed.

Also, for the second time in my life as a homeowner, I’ve been “kicked out” of my house for the next fortnight. We suffered a flood on our main floor and our flooring is going to be replaced.

Since I can’t charge at home I’m now on the hunt every other day for available operational EA chargers in my town. It can be frustrating at times, especially when you’ve driven several miles out of your way only to find that all the stations are occupied, or that some stalls don’t work. I’m really missing my home charging right now.

I believe if I had 516 real miles instead of 516 EPA rated miles, I’d be lurking around for chargers less; and I wouldn’t have to baby my car into efficiency, just driving to and from work.

Back