• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

World Luxury Car finalists:

The above lost credibility in my mind by calling Niro and ioniq 5 luxury cars. In the above list I see only 2 cars BMW and Lucid. Just saying...
Okay, maybe the ioniq 5 and gv60 is a horrible stretch. But the niro?

The above lost credibility in my mind by calling Niro and ioniq 5 luxury cars. In the above list I see only 2 cars BMW and Lucid. Just saying...
I'm thinking the same way.
Those two only.
The other three, boy they shouldn't be in the same category.

It’s the Ioniq 6 which is a very different car than the Ioniq 5. Not saying that puts it in the luxury class, but it’s closer.

It’s the Ioniq 6 which is a very different car than the Ioniq 5. Not saying that puts it in the luxury class, but it’s closer.
Yes...I have only seen the commercials for the Ioniq 6 but it does look good. My GV60 definitely belongs in the category: nappa upholstery; ultrasuede headliner; buttons for most functions; easy entry/easy exit; Full ADAS including 360 cameras and HA; 21" wheels (doesn't help range); electronic LSD; 1400 watt 17 speaker Bang & Olafsen system; SXM; white glove service; etc.

Yes...I have only seen the commercials for the Ioniq 6 but it does look good. My GV60 definitely belongs in the category: nappa upholstery; ultrasuede headliner; buttons for most functions; easy entry/easy exit; Full ADAS including 360 cameras and HA; 21" wheels (doesn't help range); electronic LSD; 1400 watt 17 speaker Bang & Olafsen system; SXM; white glove service; etc.
Luxury small car is a a weird category. So yes, maybe the gv60.

There are so many things that can define ‘luxury’. The problem is those things vary by individual. Just as one person’s reaction to a car’s styling might be “meh”, the same car can elicit a ‘wow’ from another. Calling the Kia Niro a luxury car is a great example of this moving target of ‘luxury’.

Each to his own. I gave up on this definition long ago.

There are so many things that can define ‘luxury’. The problem is those things vary by individual. Just as one person’s reaction to a car’s styling might be “meh”, the same car can elicit a ‘wow’ from another. Calling the Kia Niro a luxury car is a great example of this moving target of ‘luxury’.

Each to his own. I gave up on this definition long ago.
But luxury isnt just styling, its also features!

But luxury isnt just styling, its also features!
Yes, and one person’s luxury feature may be another’s standard feature. Just as Lucid owners are wowed by their overhead & front camera displays, my wife’s Sonata Hybrid has it too. So if a $35,000 car can have these ‘luxury’ features, I’d sure as hell expect a $100K+ car to have it. Her car also has easy entry & exit, currently missing from the Lucid.

Do you see where this can go? Now obviously I put the Lucid in an entirely different category, but be careful when you tout features as the benchmark for luxury. You’d be amazed at the features available in run of the mill cars that are missing from luxury cars.

Guys.. those cars arent world luxury car finalists. They are the electric coty finalists. The luxury car finalists are
BMW 7 Series / i7
Genesis G90
Land Rover Range Rover
Land Rover Range Rover Sport
Lucid Air

I just googled Ioniq 6.
Very controversial design imo.
I feel like Koreans are trying too hard to morph too many brands together.
The outcome is usually questionable.

It is which is why I like it. Like Austin, I am weird and want to stay that way. My desire is for a small, performance, luxury car. The GV60 is about the only thing out there right now.
Steve, sounds like you're ruling out the Lucid at this point.

Steve, sounds like you're ruling out the Lucid at this point.
I haven't cancelled yet but I am close. A key factor is that I am having my left hip replaced at the end of the month and GV60 is so much easier to get in and out of. The other factor is that the GV60 gives me much of what the Lucid does with the exception of the spectacular ride of the Lucid (yes...a rather large exception). It actually is more luxurious than the AWD Pure.

I drove BMW sedans before this so I do miss the handling of a well designed sedan. I also like the fact that it uses a blended brake so I can drive "normally" as I would in an ICE.

On days that I don't play golf I go walking in the Fashion Square Mall so I am going by the Design Studio every time. The Lucid is a beautiful car.

I haven't cancelled yet but I am close. A key factor is that I am having my left hip replaced at the end of the month and GV60 is so much easier to get in and out of. The other factor is that the GV60 gives me much of what the Lucid does with the exception of the spectacular ride of the Lucid (yes...a rather large exception). It actually is more luxurious than the AWD Pure.

I drove BMW sedans before this so I do miss the handling of a well designed sedan. I also like the fact that it uses a blended brake so I can drive "normally" as I would in an ICE.

On days that I don't play golf I go walking in the Fashion Square Mall so I am going by the Design Studio every time. The Lucid is a beautiful car.
And there we tread into the dangerously subjective world of 'more luxurious'. Both are quite luxurious, but my opinion might be different than yours. ;)

I can well imagine though with an upcoming hip replacement, the GV60 would be easier to enter & exit than the Lucid, so I can't argue with your logic. However you will eventually recover from that surgery and at that point might want to reconsider. Options are always open.

Apparently the interior of ioniq 6 is identical to ioniq 5.

And there we tread into the dangerously subjective world of 'more luxurious'. Both are quite luxurious, but my opinion might be different than yours. ;)

I can well imagine though with an upcoming hip replacement, the GV60 would be easier to enter & exit than the Lucid, so I can't argue with your logic. However you will eventually recover from that surgery and at that point might want to reconsider. Options are always open.
Absolutely. l can always switch it out later, although my internist gave me three reports: (1) you are generally healthy; (2) you generally take care of yourself; and (3) your body is wearing out. I did ask him for a full body transplant but he refused.

You’d be amazed at the features available in run of the mill cars that are missing from luxury cars.

Like overhead grab handles above every seat. At least Lucid has them for the rear passengers. “Luxury” models like the Tesla Model S and Model X never had them, a source of frustration for occupants who really could use them while riding and exiting the car.

Back