• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

World Luxury Car finalists:

Like overhead grab handles above every seat. At least Lucid has them for the rear passengers. “Luxury” models like the Tesla Model S and Model X never had them, a source of frustration for occupants who really could use them while riding and exiting the car.

I thought they had them at one point, but got deleted eventually. Tesla loves to test limit to delete traditional features.

Guys.. those cars arent world luxury car finalists. They are the electric coty finalists. The luxury car finalists are
BMW 7 Series / i7
Genesis G90
Land Rover Range Rover
Land Rover Range Rover Sport
Lucid Air

And I rented Range Rover sport. I was intrigued by their little center console fridge can hold 3 12oz of coke cans. I think Rivian can either make their console camp lantern/speaker into a fridge drawer or someone does it in aftermarket.

Steve, sounds like you're ruling out the Lucid at this point.

For a while but not forever. I do like a smaller car but with luxury and performance. The Lucid was always a tad large for me but I liked it for everything else. Now if Lucid offers its Y competitor with luxury options (yes,,,options...I am not looking for a free ride) that would be a killer for me. But I am truly weird (like Austin) as most folks prefer larger vehicles.

That’s like being named a finalist in a Mississippi beauty pageant. Sorry, my Mississippi friends!

And I rented Range Rover sport. I was intrigued by their little center console fridge can hold 3 12oz of coke cans. I think Rivian can either make their console camp lantern/speaker into a fridge drawer or someone does it in aftermarket.
More cars need fridges, they are truly useful. Was it the latest gen of RRsport?

More cars need fridges, they are truly useful. Was it the latest gen of RRsport?

Not sure if it is like that in the states. I rented that in London last fall to go to countryside and Wales.

Love that Lucid gets the recognition it deserves in these things. For all the things that you could nitpick that Lucid has struggled with, it's a great car. I can't even imagine if the biggest flaws were fixed (most of them being software related), it would truly be the whole package.

Reactions: DJL
Guys.. those cars arent world luxury car finalists. They are the electric coty finalists. The luxury car finalists are
BMW 7 Series / i7
Genesis G90
Land Rover Range Rover
Land Rover Range Rover Sport
Lucid Air
Thanks for the correction. I own a Lucid DE and a Land Rover Range Rover Autobiography, and can say hands down I believe my Lucid is more of a "luxury car" than my Ranger Rover. Don't get me wrong, the RR Autobiography is something else. And before I got my DE, I would have bet my left... hand... that there was nothing else like it.
But I'm glad I didn't make that bet.

Even my kids agree- I drive the Range Rover when the weather is particularly bad, or we have to carry a bunch of gear, or surfboards, or whatever, and when I do my kids say "Dad, why can't we take the Lucid?!?!"

Thanks for the correction. I own a Lucid DE and a Land Rover Range Rover Autobiography, and can say hands down I believe my Lucid is more of a "luxury car" than my Ranger Rover. Don't get me wrong, the RR Autobiography is something else. And before I got my DE, I would have bet my left... hand... that there was nothing else like it.

Even my kids agree- I drive the Range Rover when the weather is particularly bad, or we have to carry a bunch of gear, or surfboards, or whatever, and when I do my kids say "Dad, why can't we take the Lucid?!?!"
Too late to edit, but I just saw this:

Wow!! Is it a L460 range rover, or a older model?
If it was a LWB range rover, then damn. Those things are limousines, I have no idea how your kids prefer it!(also, dont they come with rear entertainment?)

Don't forget, I myself am a teenager..

Wow!! Is it a L460 range rover, or a older model?
If it was a LWB range rover, then damn. Those things are limousines, I have no idea how your kids prefer it!(also, dont they come with rear entertainment?)

Don't forget, I myself am a teenager..
Here is the link to the official RR website page of the one I have.

after clicking this link you MAY have to enter AUTOBIOGRAPHY as model

It's not a Land Rover (that's the company name) it's actually a Range Rover, so no L460, but also it has the standard wheelbase, not the extended wheel base.

It's not a Land Rover (that's the company name) it's actually a Range Rover, so no L460, but also it has the standard wheelbase, not the extended wheel base.
Ah. Standard wheelbase range rovers aren’t THAT spacious, so I would understand.

Whenever we go round trip to Dallas from Houston to see our other family member, we have dilemma of which car to take. Wife wants R1S so we can pack more stuffs, I want Lucid Air for cozier road trip with massage chairs. So we go to our son for tie breaker. He said, “Lucid, so we don’t have to stop long time at any charging station!”

Also, by l460 I was referring to the product code. The latest generation of land rover range rover is called "L460."

Back