wireless charger issues resolved

devkev

Verified Owner
You might have seen my issues with my wireless charger in my delivery post. The car ended up arriving with the charger working for phones without cases. I was adamant about it working with my case on (it’s designed for wireless charging) and, the kicker, both my test drive vehicles and the two showroom cars worked just fine. They tried swapping out the actual charging component, no luck. They put my phone in another car with a working charger and it worked. They took the charger from that car and put it in my car and didn’t work. Eventually, after a bunch of talking with the mechanics we were able to troubleshoot it to the actual plastic enclosure! Behind the enclosure the charging module snaps into place in the plastic with clips. It seems the clips on mine weren’t snug enough so when they put it back in the charging module was coming loose causing it to become too far away for my case to work. After replacing the plastic everything works!

Just a heads up in case you have issues with charging!

TL;DR wireless charger was fine, plastic bracket holding it in place was damaged causing the charger to not stay seated in the correct position.

You might have seen my issues with my wireless charger in my delivery post. The car ended up arriving with the charger working for phones without cases. I was adamant about it working with my case on (it’s designed for wireless charging) and, the kicker, both my test drive vehicles and the two showroom cars worked just fine. They tried swapping out the actual charging component, no luck. They put my phone in another car with a working charger and it worked. They took the charger from that car and put it in my car and didn’t work. Eventually, after a bunch of talking with the mechanics we were able to troubleshoot it to the actual plastic enclosure! Behind the enclosure the charging module snaps into place in the plastic with clips. It seems the clips on mine weren’t snug enough so when they put it back in the charging module was coming loose causing it to become too far away for my case to work. After replacing the plastic everything works!

Just a heads up in case you have issues with charging!

TL;DR wireless charger was fine, plastic bracket holding it in place was damaged causing the charger to not stay seated in the correct position.
Nice Sleuthing. Glad the service team kept at it until you were happy.

Nice Sleuthing. Glad the service team kept at it until you were happy.
Thanks! They were great to work with. They shared my engineering enthusiasm for solving the issue. Really great team over there.

What phone and what case were you using?
My iPhone 12 with an OtterBox case does not charge unless I remove the case.
Maybe my car has the same problem?

Back