Home Charger with NACS Standard Coming

HansGruber

Hi,
New owner. I bought when the $300 discount was available for the Home Charging station, but with the imminent takeover of the NACS becoming standard, it seems like it may equate to investing in Betamax at this point. If I add another EV in the future, it'll likely be NACS given the adoption announcements. It also seems like I'll be toting around a yet to be available adapter in the next year or so to have more charging options. I'm doing work on my house now that involves electrical and was planning on adding a dedicated charger line, but I think I've talked myself into just using the included charger (which is quite powerful) until Lucid comes out with an adaptor. Not likely worth saving $300 on the purchase now in the long run. Just posting to get any thoughts in case I'm missing an angle here.
Thanks

Hi,
New owner. I bought when the $300 discount was available for the Home Charging station, but with the imminent takeover of the NACS becoming standard, it seems like it may equate to investing in Betamax at this point. If I add another EV in the future, it'll likely be NACS given the adoption announcements. It also seems like I'll be toting around a yet to be available adapter in the next year or so to have more charging options. I'm doing work on my house now that involves electrical and was planning on adding a dedicated charger line, but I think I've talked myself into just using the included charger (which is quite powerful) until Lucid comes out with an adaptor. Not likely worth saving $300 on the purchase now in the long run. Just posting to get any thoughts in case I'm missing an angle here.
Thanks
Uh... can't you just use a normal CCS to NACS adapter? Many of my friends already do this with their own Tesla's, and it works perfectly.

Just buy the Tesla Home Charger that includes an adapter.

Hi,
Thanks
1709572288955.png

Back