Wind noise

My guess then is that it might be movement of the window channel in the door. Not simply alignment of the door

wow a lot of users are chiming in. is this a batch of quality issues? how about other owners?

wow a lot of users are chiming in. is this a batch of quality issues? how about other owners?
I haven’t had this but it could be because some of the weatherproofing is shrinking in the cold? Not sure, just a complete guess.

Interesting, my windshield at speeds over 72mph when it’s below 40 degrees makes a weird buzzing wispy sound that’s pretty quiet but still noticeable, at first it sounded like a loose piece of paper flapping but I think it’s a very small seal imperfection only noticeable when it’s cold. I’ll have them check it out when I get the 12k mile service.

I just discovered this after 2000 miles. It was 14°F this morning and went for a drive. Was wondering why the side of my head felt so cold. Was driving at 65mph. Reached my hand up to the corner of the window next to my head and found freezing air was blowing in. Quite a bit of air, but not much wind noise. My wife was in the front passenger seat. I had her put her hand up to the corner of the window next to her head. Same issue. Guess we hadn’t noticed before due to warmer weather, and not much wind noise coming from there. Calling customer service tomorrow.

I suggest everyone check for this on their Air. Wonder is the seals don’t work well at sub zero temperatures.

I have not had the chance to drive in warmer weather, but there are zero drafts around the windows in 40ish temperatures. New model 2023. Hope this helps narrow down the batch some.

Warmed up to 50 today. Noticed a substantial decrease in air coming in. I think the window gasket hardens up when very cold. Have a discussion planned for tomorrow with service.

Warmed up to 50 today. Noticed a substantial decrease in air coming in. I think the window gasket hardens up when very cold. Have a discussion planned for tomorrow with service.
Yeah, this was my thought too - my guess it that it shrinks/hardens with low temps; I don't think it is a safety issue, but likely something they should issue a service bulletin for if I'm right. Reminds me of the (much more disastrous, obviously) O-ring issue with the shuttle disaster.

Im now wondering whether my windshield seal (or lack thereof) are due to the cold. It was single digit temps when I noticed it.

Interesting, my windshield at speeds over 72mph when it’s below 40 degrees makes a weird buzzing wispy sound that’s pretty quiet but still noticeable, at first it sounded like a loose piece of paper flapping but I think it’s a very small seal imperfection only noticeable when it’s cold. I’ll have them check it out when I get the 12k mile service.
Is there a 12 k mile service? I was told there is no service unless something goes wrong

Is there a 12 k mile service? I was told there is no service unless something goes wrong
Yep. It’s in the manual. 1 year or 12k miles. Which ever comes first. Car should show a light when it’s due.

Yep. It’s in the manual. 1 year or 12k miles. Which ever comes first. Car should show a light when it’s due.
Mine did not, I just texted my local guys and they got me in the next day.

I have not had the chance to drive in warmer weather, but there are zero drafts around the windows in 40ish temperatures. New model 2023. Hope this helps narrow down the batch some.
I’m just curious, I’m taking delivery of me 2023 in a week, do you know What was the date of manufacture on the door jam?

I’m just curious, I’m taking delivery of me 2023 in a week, do you know What was the date of manufacture on the door jam?
November 22nd.

have had wind noise (driver upper front area) since delivery. car is so quiet it did not bother me until you guys started on it.
no air leaks that I can tell

I've made a couple of road trips to California since I received my car in early November. I've only driven it, not been the passenger. It seems to me that there is a rather significant level of wind noise coming from the driver side mirror. Does anyone else think so?
I have experienced quite a bit of wind noise that seems to be coming from the passenger side mirror. It’s a high pitched, whirling sound, like you’d get if you were being buffeted periodically by high winds. But it happens when no wind is blowing. It only occurs when I reach about 70 mph, but it doesn’t happen all the time. The window is up and the door seal looks good. So I can’t figure it out. I’ve never heard a similar noise from the driver side.

Back