• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Wind noise

I too have had wind noise since delivery. Cabin is not as quiet as I had anticipated. My panamera and XJ had super quiet interiors. But I got into my friend’s model X and instantly stopped thinking about the AGT noise

I too have had wind noise since delivery. Cabin is not as quiet as I had anticipated. My panamera and XJ had super quiet interiors. But I got into my friend’s model X and instantly stopped thinking about the AGT noise

Yes! Our Model X positively roars in comparison to the Air GT. Even our Model S is noisier inside than our Air GT, but not as noisy as in the Model X.

Of course the unpleasantness of cabin noise is subjective, but has anyone here measured noise levels among their different cars? Can be done easily with an iPhone:

I don't know that we are all talking about the same noise. I think some have a "leak" around the door or window seal. Mine seems to be just the expected turbulance around the rear-view mirrors. I think I hear the same noise from the pass. side mirror area. Somebody knock their mirrors off and see if it goes away. The car is so quiet I think we are hearing things we've never heard before that all cars do.

Not all EVs have noise around the side view mirrors. IMO it should not an ’expected’ noise.
I have noticed no noise coming from outside the car at all so far. It's the quietest car I've ever owned. And it's been pretty cold here. But then again, my most recent car was a Tesla, which was noisy as all get out, so maybe I'm more forgiving than others?

I have noticed no noise coming from outside the car at all so far. It's the quietest car I've ever owned. And it's been pretty cold here. But then again, my most recent car was a Tesla, which was noisy as all get out, so maybe I'm more forgiving than others?
If your last car was a tesla then you must be deaf by now Joe! 😜

If your last car was a tesla then you must be deaf by now Joe! 😜
True. But I can't blame it all on the Tesla. Most of my hearing loss happened while sound-checking on various stages in seedy bars in my 20s. Each squeal of feedback was another frequency I'll never hear again.

Has anyone tried a rubber conditioner like an Armor All? That might help maintain some softness & flex in cold temperatures.

I've experienced on both the driver and passenger side. Also seems to start around 70mph.

Not all EVs have noise around the side view mirrors. IMO it should not an ’expected’ noise.
It might be worth testing to see if the noise changes when you fold your outside mirrors while driving

Interesting, my windshield at speeds over 72mph when it’s below 40 degrees makes a weird buzzing wispy sound that’s pretty quiet but still noticeable, at first it sounded like a loose piece of paper flapping but I think it’s a very small seal imperfection only noticeable when it’s cold. I’ll have them check it out when I get the 12k mile service.
I have this as well. It sounds like paper fluttering for me also. Seems to come and go a bit.

I noticed the same on my first highway drive. I was cold around my head and could feel air coming in. It was 12 degrees so very cold.

I have also had windnoise along the drivers door. Not as bad as others on the forum. I ended up putting a thin strip of auto weather stripping along the door and it helps a lot. I may try to find a slightly thicker version as the foam has definitely been affected by "shrinkage" from the colder temperature.

I ended up applying some thin weather stripping along the door jam and it helps quite a bit. I didn't want to put too much cause I didn't want to stress the latch mechanism or misalign the door from the added thickness.

I had the exact same problem on my BMW M4 convertible. The dealer tech treated it with something called Gummi Pflege. It worked like a charm. Afterward, I found it on Amazon for other similar issues with vehicles.

I used it on my Lucid where my trunk made a little squeak every time it opened. It was coming from the rubber just below the rear window. After treating it with this stuff, never heard it again. Give it a try!

Here it is: https://a.co/d/hFdGcgf

@hydbob Can we try to consolidate this wind noise thread. There are like 4 separate posts about the same thing.

I had the exact same problem on my BMW M4 convertible. The dealer tech treated it with something called Gummi Pflege. It worked like a charm. Afterward, I found it on Amazon for other similar issues with vehicles.

I used it on my Lucid where my trunk made a little squeak every time it opened. It was coming from the rubber just below the rear window. After treating it with this stuff, never heard it again. Give it a try!

Here it is: https://a.co/d/hFdGcgf
So does it works similarly to an Armor All type product that I mentioned above? Someone though must have had this addressed at a service center and I’m wondering what they did.

In the past, I've used masking tape on the outside of the car to track down where the wind noise was. Like @bobofat, I then used some weather stripping to cover the leak.

Back