- Joined
- Mar 30, 2026
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 5
- Cars
- 2025 Air Touring
This is how I feel. The hardware is great and the Air is such a nicer and more comfortable ride than Tesla but the software and bugs really kill the ownership experience. I want to love Lucid but so many issues remain unfixed and it makes it clear that there is no pride of ownership among the engineers/product people. I had a Tesla for 8 years and one of the amazing feelings in the early days was when you found a bug, you didn't care because you didn't even need to report it and it would be fixed by an update in a few weeks. In contrast, many basic quality of ownership issues in the Air have gone unfixed for a year+.They care about:
Lucid built an engineering masterpiece, in my opinion nothing competes with it, but if that experience doesn’t translate to something customers feel every day, it won’t resonate at scale.
- how intuitive the car feels
- how polished the software is
- whether features actually show up when promised
I really don't like boxy SUVs and I still find myself likely to get an R2 once my Air lease ends because the software and the autonomy on Rivian appear so much better.