- Joined
- Nov 18, 2022
- Messages
- 1,607
- Reaction score
- 1,334
- Cars
- Lucid Air Grand Touring
Yes, the Lucid is more efficient over Rivian, but not as much as Lucid claims. On paper, the AGT is ~2X more efficient than the R1S.I’m happy to bang on Tesla, the lying CEO took 12k from me and promised FSD in 2018…
I also hate Rivian buyers banging on Lucid. “ oh, look at my software” ..who cares about energy data?
Only thing most people want to see is efficiency. Dashcam is the only thing missing from Lucid.
On my 780 mile road trips (Sausalito to Phoenix I-5/I10) which I drive 2X to 3X per year in my R1S and AGT, I get ~3.5mi/kWh on my AGT and ~2.5 mi/kWh on my R1S. Depending on how you pivot the data, the AGT is ~30% more efficient. Rivian often meet/exceed the rated efficiency whilst Lucid persistently missed its claim efficiency by ~25%.
So, if efficiency is the determining factor, Lucid is better (but not as good as they claimed).