Why speed limit difference Air Grand Touring vs Air Touring?

translux

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cars
Touring
Referral Code
SNAGMSEE
Curious why there’s a speed limit difference between the Air Touring @ 140mph VS Air Grand Touring @ 168 mph.

Technology related-
More Efficiency, More Sustainable Performance: Enhancements to Lucid’s proprietary motor design, battery cell chemistry, and thermal characteristics reduce energy wasted as heat and enable the car to perform at its best even during sustained spirited driving.

Tires-
20” summer only standard on Grand Touring vs 19” all seasons on Touring.
If tires does swapping to 20” on a Toruing get your the extra mph?
Asking for a friend….

Marketing-
You pay more to play more.

Vehicle top speed is electronically limited by Lucid for various reasons. Tire speed rating is only one factor.

The highest speed I've seen (allegedly 🤫) is 145 mph in my Touring with 20" OEM wheels and tires. It's electronically limited, and it's noticeable when the acceleration abruptly lets up. You can tell the car wants to and can go faster, so a bit disappointing, in my opinion.

It'd be tough to get going quite that fast on my local track, and I haven't taken it on a drag strip yet, so let's say Mexico. 😁
Insanity in the best way possible! How fast do you think it could have gone if unlimited, and how stable was it?

Insanity in the best way possible! How fast do you think it could have gone if unlimited, and how stable was it?
On my own trips to Mexico, 145 feels quite deceptively comfortable. The same chassis has been tested over 200mph, right? No stability issues. Calm and collected. The stopping distance with these brakes from that speed is a little hairy though.

On my own trips to Mexico, 145 feels quite deceptively comfortable. The same chassis has been tested over 200mph, right? No stability issues. Calm and collected. The stopping distance with these brakes from that speed is a little hairy though.
With the all seasons there’s some wander and vagueness at high speeds. Regen in Sprint is pretty aggressive. I think the brakes are very good at scrubbing off speed. Nothing like my cars with CCB but confidence inspiring nonetheless. Love that they’re hydraulic and not brake by wire. The only cars I’ve driven that feel right are any Porsche and the Caddy Blackwings. Everything else I’ve driven with brake by wire plain sucks.

Maximum speed in my Touring is always 145miles/hr or 233km/hr. Tires are Pirelli hl265/35 r21103y. No idea why it's limited at this speed.

My, my, so many people know the exact speed that the Touring is limited to... I had no idea that the group made so many "visits" to Mexico! 🤣🤣🤣

So what is the exact speed of the Touring then? 145miles/hr? Just to be sure it's correct.

So what is the exact speed of the Touring then? 145miles/hr? Just to be sure it's correct.
Yes. It cuts acceleration there. You could go faster down a hill presumably, but it won’t be helping out.

Back